• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plot Holes and Film Goofs Discussion

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
That's right. I'm the guy you get pissed at in the movie theater when he turns to his friend and rather loudly whispers "That makes no fucking sense. Why can that happen when that other thing just happened?" But, in my defense, I'm an engineer. My life is finding what is wrong with the logic or mechanics of something. And when I find those problems, I'm programmed to announce them to the nearest person.

On to the topic of the thread though:

What are some plot holes in movies that piss you right off?

I was reading an article on..a website...that listed something like 10 plot holes that were in what many consider classic movies. I'll list a few of them here, because it'll probably get people's thoughts in motion.

Fantastic Voyage

A dude has a brain tumor, and some people shrink down in a submarine to traverse his body and destroy the tumor. Simple, huh? Oh shit. They only have a hour before they become full size again. That's alright. An hour will be plenty of time.

Well, the sub breaks when they're making their escape. Don't you worry though, Raquel Welch and all her boner-tastic skin suit glory escapes just in time. She and her partner return to full size, no problem.

...Wait. Those pieces of debris from the submarine. They were never taken out. That man should have various pieces of a fucking full sized submarine poking out of his head.

Citizen Kane

That's right. Citizen motherfucking Kane. What people consider probably the best movie ever made.

Basically, the movie is based around a bunch of reporters trying to figure out what Kane meant by his final words, "Rosebud." But no one was there to hear them. His nurse comes in minutes after he's dead.

Stars Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

Luke goes to Yoda's pad to learn the Ways of the Jedi. Yoda is busting his ass, and we cut away to a short scene with the Millennium Falcon getting chased into Lando's cloud city, where they promptly get captured. The movie cuts back to Luke, already finished with his training.

...Wait....I thought training to be a Jedi was supposed to take a long time. This apparently took the length of time that it takes to get chased and captured by the Empire; which Han Solo has learned the ins and outs of. As the website puts it:

Well, that doesn't work. Were they chased for months? Or was Luke trained in an afternoon? Either we were spared some extended scenes on board the Millennium Falcon featuring starvation and debates about when they'd have to eat Chewbacca, or becoming a Jedi is easier than getting a cub scout merit badge.

For you Stars Wars fanboys, Yoda does say something along the way "Don't leave. Your training hasn't finished." But oh. Luke goes back and Yoda says "Eh. You've learned everything you need to learn."

So. What plot holes are you especially mad about? Or the plot holes that just get at you? Stake your claim.

Well I certainly give the whole Star Wars Saga being the biggest plot hole. And it's made worst when Lucas tries to correct his original trilogy to amend the big mess ups made by the pre-trilogy.

First big one. The whole Vader story. I still find it hard to believe that the badass Vader used to be a whiney little bitch called Hayden Christiansen. Surely if Vader was in so much pain about her death, what changed to make him all badass? Also, I love how they changed the communication scene in Empire for Vader to go "How is that possible he's a son of Skywalker?" when in first half of the film, he's searching for him!

Second, 16 years, 16 fooking years between the Episde 3 & 4 and it takes that long to build the Death Star and get it fully functional? Blimey that was a wasted effort by the Empire! I still think the second Death Star is really the one at the end of Episode 3 and they built up a new one cause of a design flaw! I mean how can the Empire take 16 years to build one Death Star and yet take about 3 years to get a Second one in working order when not complete?!

But also, 16 years to dissolve the Council of the Old Republic? God, Palpatine is getting slower these days.

Where I'm equally incline about your one, you gotta remember that Luke did bits between the two films, namely build another lightsabre (supposedly from rading Obi Wan's house). I remember the line you remember where he's not finished the training, but I love how much of an ego Luke gets by ROTJ "yeah, I'm a fooking Jedi, oh crap, I'm not!"

Essentially they messed it up with Episode 1, they had too much time inbetween that and Episode 4, so they were in a right mess there!

This is the place to discuss the embarrassing, awkward, infamous, unintentional, clumsy, and obvious errors in film. Most films generally contain at least one. It's pretty self-explanatory, a "goof" is simply a mistake made in a film that has been noticed when it has already been released and therefore can not be edited. It's akin to a "botch" in a (live) wrestling match. Here is where we shall poke fun of the mishaps, and converse about any sort of "goof" that has slithered inconspicuously into our movies.

I've got two goofs straightaway, one in "Silence of The Lambs", and the other in "Three Men And A Baby".

(This might now be considered a full goof, but I can make loopholes) In "Silence Of The Lambs" at the notorious last scene of "Dr.Lector...Dr.Lector...Dr.Lector", Hannibal has a fly squirming up and down his face. This was obviously unintentional (otherwise it wouldn't be a goof). Some people actually praise it and claim "it adds to his characters mystique", whereas I say "LMFAO, he has a fly fidgeting all over his face!"

And, possibly the most popular error, which was in "Three Men And A Baby". There was world wide, global belief that you could see a visible ghost beside a window soon after it released, and quickly become a legendary urban legend. Come to find out, after all this gossip about it, months or years (can't remember) later, they discover it was a promotional poster of one of the characters. They could've and should've cleaned and made sure everything was correct in the stage (the house).

Those are merely two of the numerous goofs out there, share the ones you found most funny, dumb, or anything of the like relating to them.

They had a show on VH1 about this.
I guess at the end of TEEN WOLF when the crowd goes crazy at the basketball game some guy pulls his shlong out. That's a big "goof" to have in a family movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back