• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

The Talon

Occasional Pre-Show
Terrible name aside, i'm excited for this game. Sony will announce 2 new characters at the EVO Championship tonight at 9PM EST/6PM PST & more characters at Comic-Con next week.

Confirmed Roster so far:
Kratos (God of War/PS2)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal/PSOne)
PaRappa (PaRappa The Rapper/PSOne)
Colonel Radec (Killzone/PS2)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper/PS2)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess/PS3)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted/PS3)
Big Daddy (Bioshock/PS3)

Release Date: October 23rd, 2012 for PS3 & Playstation Vita.

Pre-Order Costumes:
XvSh0.jpg

I'm definitely buying the game, the only people who really have a problem with it is are either hardcore Nintendo fans accusing it of being a Smash Bros clone ( even though Nintendo wasn't the first to come up with a crossover fighter) and Xbox fans (who don't have enough Microsoft exclusive characters to even put on a good fighter). I don't know if this game will be better than Super Smash Bros but it will be reaching a wider audience than those games. Sony has a wider array of diverse characters in this game than SSB. There are so many characters that have a possibility of being in this game it's ridiculous. But with SSB you know your most likely going to get the usual characters all from the Mario world, Kirby, Sonic etc. Anyway I can't wait for this game.

I'm gonna guess that one of the characters announced at Comic-Con will be Cole McGrath, seeing as how the inFAMOUS games are heavily based off of comic books.

I'm definitely buying the game, the only people who really have a problem with it is are either hardcore Nintendo fans accusing it of being a Smash Bros clone ( even though Nintendo wasn't the first to come up with a crossover fighter) and Xbox fans (who don't have enough Microsoft exclusive characters to even put on a good fighter).

Actually the whole of gaming media is calling it a smash bros clone. It wasn't the first cross over fighter but it was the first done in that style of fighting.

I don't know if this game will be better than Super Smash Bros but it will be reaching a wider audience than those games.

Erm no it won't. The Wii outsold the PS3.

Sony has a wider array of diverse characters in this game than SSB.

Erm no it doesn't.

There are so many characters that have a possibility of being in this game it's ridiculous.

Now you're just being silly.

But with SSB you know your most likely going to get the usual characters all from the Mario world, Kirby, Sonic etc. Anyway I can't wait for this game.

This game has Fat Princess and Parapa the rapper in it. Don't mock Nintendo's character choice.

That being said it should be a fun game, though I have no idea how on earth fat princess is supposed to fight. The trailers I've seen look pretty good and I can expect to see Jak and Daxter and Sak Boy to make an appearance. It's about time that Sony had a game like this that could have a good balance between casual and hardcore.

Actually the whole of gaming media is calling it a smash bros clone. It wasn't the first cross over fighter but it was the first done in that style of fighting.

I'll give you that one.

Erm no it won't. The Wii outsold the PS3.

Doesn't change the fact that more people consider Playstation to make more serious games while Nintendo is more for the casual gamer.

Erm no it doesn't.

Yes it does, referring to your post a little later, Fat Princess is a completely different character than say Kratos, that's the fun of this game, everybody is different and plays different.

Now you're just being silly.

No I'm not, read post above.

This game has Fat Princess and Parapa the rapper in it. Don't mock Nintendo's character choice.

Read two posts above.

That being said it should be a fun game, though I have no idea how on earth fat princess is supposed to fight. The trailers I've seen look pretty good and I can expect to see Jak and Daxter and Sak Boy to make an appearance. It's about time that Sony had a game like this that could have a good balance between casual and hardcore.

Which is why I think it will reach a wider audience, most people now who own PS3's or Xbox's don't consider the Wii to have hardcore games. This will be a nice balance.

Yes it does, referring to your post a little later, Fat Princess is a completely different character than say Kratos, that's the fun of this game, everybody is different and plays different.

And the same difference from Samus to Marth to Ness. Very different chracters.

Which is why I think it will reach a wider audience, most people now who own PS3's or Xbox's don't consider the Wii to have hardcore games. This will be a nice balance.

That's not reaching to a wider audience though.

As of March of this year the Wii sold 95.85million units compared to the PS3's 63.9million. How is that reaching a wider audience?

Brawl sold 10.7million yet PS3's number one seller is GT5 at 7.43million. It would need to outsell PS3's biggest selling game by 3million to reach the same audience, let alone a wider audience.

I didn't want this to come into a nintendo v sony thread, I'm just pointing out that what you have stated is not correct.

I think they should have released the game in September, there's nothing else out in September and it would sell a few extra copies with that earlier release date. I'm excited for the game and looking forward to seeing what Sony come up online multiplayer wise, something they do better than Nintendo.

And the same difference from Samus to Marth to Ness. Very different chracters.

I just think people are looking more forward to seeing Sly Cooper fight Sweet Tooth and Kratos vs Big Daddy than seeing more of the same of Nintendo is all.

That's not reaching to a wider audience though.

As of March of this year the Wii sold 95.85million units compared to the PS3's 63.9million. How is that reaching a wider audience?

Brawl sold 10.7million yet PS3's number one seller is GT5 at 7.43million. It would need to outsell PS3's biggest selling game by 3million to reach the same audience, let alone a wider audience.

I didn't want this to come into a nintendo v sony thread, I'm just pointing out that what you have stated is not correct.

I think they should have released the game in September, there's nothing else out in September and it would sell a few extra copies with that earlier release date. I'm excited for the game and looking forward to seeing what Sony come up online multiplayer wise, something they do better than Nintendo.

I don't plan on making this a Playstation vs Nintendo thread, though when were comparing two exclusive games from those companies it's eventually going to turn into that. Once could make the argument that the Wii is cheaper than a PS3 and Brawl was more family friendly game than say Grand Turismo 5 (assuming that's the game you were talking about) meaning of course it's going to outsell it. I'm saying die hard/casual gamers will just be more excited for game such as this, with characters such as this, on a console such as the Playstation.

Heihachi Mishima was just confirmed

[YOUTUBE]P75VvBU5sNY[/YOUTUBE]

I'd honestly rather have Jin or Kazuya if we had to pick only one Tekken character. The original voice actor died for Heihachi and Japan hates replacing voices for a character so instead of having the original old one they are using the new young one for the rest of games.

ArxT_epCMAAlAcj.jpg:large

Ahh yes, this game. I was actually really looking forward to this game. It is OBVIOUSLY a Smash Bros. Clone, but there's nothing wrong with that. Galaga was a Space Invaders clone, and that didn't make it crap. While I do not have nearly the same amount of reverence towards the Sony characters that I do the Nintendo characters, the game should be very successful.

HOWEVER, the first time I saw gameplay, I was VERY disappointed. From the gameplay videos I have seen, it seems that the only way to win is to connect with your super move more times then your opponent. That will lead to a very annoying and bland fighter. You can destroy opponents for the duration of the match, but miss your super moves and lose the fight.

The idea of first party Crossover fighters is awesome. Nintendo perfected it with the Super Smash Bros. Series. Sony is attempting to get into the market (wisely). However, I'm really disappointed with what the game seems to be. If they release a demo I will give it a try and hope it plays better then the gameplay looks. But as of now, I'm not likely to purchase the game.

At Comic-Con last week, the two newest characters announced were Cole McGrath from the PS3 franchise, inFAMOUS, the other was Jak who also comes with his friend Daxter from the popular PS2 franchise.

The next scheduled announcement will be at Sony's Gamescom conference on August 14th. This will announce numerous characters, new stages, and new modes for PS All-Stars Battle Royale. The 25th anniversary of Metal Gear Solid will also be next month, so there may be an announcement of Solid Snake's inclusion in the game.

The first name that came to mind when I saw this thread was Lara Croft. Tomb Raider is among the Playstation greats, so she definitely should be included in the game.

Crash Bandicoot & Jill Valentine are other names that come to mind.

Would love to see Lara Croft vs. Jill Valentine or Lara Croft vs. Solid Snake.

I'm looking forward to this, honestly. I sold my Wii ages ago and Melee/Original aren't going to give me my Smash Bros. fix. Plus I'm likely going to hold off on the WiiU until it actually impresses me (as I did the PS3, fittingly)

Roster looks alright but I really hope they step it up for the full cast. I want to play Playstation All Stars, not Playstation3 All Stars + Random Guests

Well about a couple of days ago various amounts of information for this game was leaked. Sony hasn't confirmed it as it doesn't comment on speculation and rumors but here are the possibilities of maps, characters and weapons and minions ( background characters).

Confirmed and Rumored Characters.

Big Daddy(BioShock)*
Colonel Radec (Killzone)
Dante (DMC)
Evil Cole (Infamous)
Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
Good Cole (Infamous)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Jak & Daxter (Jak & Daxter)
Kratos (God of War)
Nariko (Heavenly Sword)
Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
Parappa the Rapper (Parappa the Rapper)
Raiden (Metal Gear Solid)
Ratchet (& Clank?) (Ratchet & Clank)
Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil)
Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
Spike (Ape Escape)
Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Toro (Sony Icon)

Weapons and Items.

Atomizer (Resistance 3)
Baumusu Axe (The Mark of Kri)
Boots of Hermes (God of War III)
Dohvat Laser Designator (Killzone 3)
Freeze Missile (Twisted Metal)
Golf Club (Hot Shots Golf)
Gravity Shield (WipeOut)
Hedgehog Grenade (Resistance)
Leech Beem (WipeOut)
Murder of Crows (BioShock Infinite)
Railgun (Metal Gear Solid 4)
Razor Claws (Ratchet & Clank)
RPG (Uncharted)
Scythe (Fat Princess)
Sonic Rift (ModNation Racers)
Spear (God of War)

Minions

Athena (God of War)
Captain Qwark (Ratchet & Clank)
Dollface (Twisted Metal)
Helghast (Killzone)
Kai (Heavenly Sword)
Kat (DMC)
Keira (Jak & Daxter)
Kiya (MediEvil)
Kuma (Tekken)
Little Sister (BioShock)
Monkey (Ape Escape)
Murray (Sly Cooper)
Nix (Infamous 2)
Pierre (Doko Demo Issho)
PJ Berri (Parappa the Rapper)
Sackbot (LittleBigPlanet 2)
Sam (Metal Gear Rising)
Sully (Uncharted)
Worker (Fat Princess)
Zeke (Infamous)

Modes

Arcade Mode
Capture the Flag
Challenge Trials
Character Trials
Countdown Attack
Free Roam
General Trials
King of the Hill
LAN Game
Solo Play

Maps ( Not all but the only images leaked)

14kuxwk.jpg

"San Francisco" (Resistance)

16xtywr.jpg

"Timestation" (Ape Escape)

15kfy15.jpg

Stowaways" (Uncharted)

columbia.jpg

"Columbia" (BioShock Infinite)

unknown.jpg

"Alden's Tower" (Infamous)

dreamscape.jpg

"Dreamscape" (LittleBigPlanet, previously confirmed)

killzone.jpg

"Invasion" (Killzone)

locoroco.jpg

"Franzea" (LocoRoco)

sly.jpg

"Paris" (Sly Cooper)

twisted.jpg

"Black Rock Stadium" (Twisted Metal)

To all of the people that dont beleive this is a smash bros clone, YOUR nuts. You give the arguement that there was cross franchise games before, but that really has little to do with it. Its a clone because of the look and the gameplay, and fuck just look at it.

A new leak from the website of PS All-Stars seems to confirm that Sackboy from LittleBigPlanet, Nariko from Heavenly Sword, and Raiden from Metal Gear Solid will be in the game. There also seems to be 3 Tekken characters in the game, but they are most likely assistants rather than playable characters.

I don't even recognize half the characters. =/

The lack of Snake is enough for me to not buy this game. Hell, the lack of Crash Bandicoot is fucking shameful.

Heihachi Mishima was just confirmed

[YOUTUBE]P75VvBU5sNY[/YOUTUBE]

I'd honestly rather have Jin or Kazuya if we had to pick only one Tekken character. The original voice actor died for Heihachi and Japan hates replacing voices for a character so instead of having the original old one they are using the new young one for the rest of games.

Kazuya maybe, but not Jin. Heihachi is a staple in the Tekken series, so it makes sense to include him.

Most of the characters that were announced are more from the PS3 era of PS. Thankfully I have a PS3 so I do recognize all the characters. I'd be shocked if this game didn't have secret characters to unlock, that's kind of half the fun in crossover fighting games like this Luna.

Say Street Fighter for example, you know you're getting Ryu, Ken, Akuma etc but you never know what else you might find. Plus this game is coming out for PS3 so It would honestly be stupid not to promote the actual PS3 characters which have current games and foreseeable sequels rather than other PS legends who while are enjoyable should be earned through playing the game. More game play was made public today through the beta, so I honestly can't wait.

I'm so pissed that I haven't gotten into the beta yet. Everywhere I go, there's previews and strategies being formed for the characters and stages. It makes so anxious for the game to be released already.

Also, I hear that Sly Cooper is this game's version of Sentiel from MvC. Its mostly due to his Invisibilty mode though.

At first I was surprised and excited (I always heard rumors, but this is the first time I'm hearing it as a confirmed game), but then I looked at the actual gameplay, which is practically EXACTLY LIKE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS, with new characters and less flash. Now while there's nothing inherently wrong with that, as I figured it would clone the grandfather of platform crossovers, the gameplay doesn't make me want to play this game; it makes me want to go dust off my Wii and play SSB.

For those begging for Snake, it probably won't happen. They practically begged to get him on SSB, and I don't know what kind of deal they had (considering Snake only had one licensed Nintendo game), but I doubt that Sony and Nintendo are going to want to share Snake in dueling games, especially considering Snake might be in the next SSB as well.

On one last side note, I think they should've collaborated with Microsoft on this one and release a joint game considering PS3 and XBOX share a lot of characters/games, and being a cross-platform game would give it a chance against SSB, which, lets be honest, it currently doesn't have. I would have loved to see Master Chief, Asura and any Fable character thrown in there.

While on the subject, I do have a character wish list though:
Some DBZ/Naruto characters (if they can get the licensing)
Bayonetta
Riku/Sora
Dude from Prototype/Prototype 2
Prince of Persia

On one last side note, I think they should've collaborated with Microsoft on this one and release a joint game considering PS3 and XBOX share a lot of characters/games, and being a cross-platform game would give it a chance against SSB, which, lets be honest, it currently doesn't have. I would have loved to see Master Chief, Asura and any Fable character thrown in there.

While on the subject, I do have a character wish list though:
Some DBZ/Naruto characters (if they can get the licensing)
Bayonetta
Riku/Sora
Dude from Prototype/Prototype 2
Prince of Persia

DBZ and Naruto: Just no, sorry.

Bayonetta: Already in a crossover game soon and the PS3 version of her game was the inferior one, so I don't think having her in a game meant to showcase the best of Playstation games is a good idea. (although I'm a Bayonetta mark so I'd be glad if she was)

Sora: Yes, yes, yes, all of the yes
Riku: Eh, not so much with the yes.
(Side Note: Cloud or X-2 Yuna would fit nicely in this game, while we're on FF)

Prototype MainCharacters: I'd be okay with it, but if Sony is going to get anyone from Activision they should focus on Spyro and Crash before anyone else.

The Prince: I wouldn't see any real point since there were no PS exclusive PoP games (that I know of). Same reason I don't get Big Daddy being in. At least Ezio (rumored) sorta-kinda makes sense since Assassin's Creed was originally planned as a PS3 exclusive.

It's a shame that they are not going after more of the original game stars like Crash Bandicoot. This Super Smash Bros. clone has been a long time coming. So, as long as it ends up being good, then people will forgive the agonizing sense of deja vu. Look forward to giving it a go.

Its a Smash Clone, but it took the Smash ball concept and 10x it, as opposed to Smash that made you get clever with your attacks the first two games.

Is Spyro in the game? Think he be perfect for this and Spyro vs Crash be pretty damn fun. :D

I'm definitely buying the game, the only people who really have a problem with it is are either hardcore Nintendo fans accusing it of being a Smash Bros clone ( even though Nintendo wasn't the first to come up with a crossover fighter) and Xbox fans (who don't have enough Microsoft exclusive characters to even put on a good fighter). I don't know if this game will be better than Super Smash Bros but it will be reaching a wider audience than those games. Sony has a wider array of diverse characters in this game than SSB. There are so many characters that have a possibility of being in this game it's ridiculous. But with SSB you know your most likely going to get the usual characters all from the Mario world, Kirby, Sonic etc. Anyway I can't wait for this game.

You are an idiot.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale? Super Smash Bros for Sony zealots, that is all it is.

thank fuck i don't own PS3 and never will.

Parappa the Rapper's game on PS1 sucked, it was an overpriced SIMON clone, my little Cousin loved it though but back then he was the kind of Sony zealot who would buy used toilet roll if Sony sold it him.

You are an idiot.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale? Super Smash Bros for Sony zealots, that is all it is.

thank fuck i don't own PS3 and never will.

Parappa the Rapper's game on PS1 sucked, it was an overpriced SIMON clone, my little Cousin loved it though but back then he was the kind of Sony zealot who would buy used toilet roll if Sony sold it him.

I'm sorry sir but you, in fact, are the idiot. A nintendrone at that too. As Dynamite rightfully pointed out; Nintendo wasn't the first to come up with a crossover fighter. Super Smash Bros? More like Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale am i right?

You've actually made no legitimate argument as to why we shouldn't buy the game other than saying that PaRappa the Rapper sucked(Which it didn't but it wasn't my cup of tea when i remember playing it). That and you also prove his point that the only people who have a problem with it are fanboys.

Will I be getting it? No probably not, not a fan of the characters used really, aside from Jak none of them make me want to buy it, if it had Crash and Spyro then I probably would purchase it. Still I've heard good things about the game such as great stage designs and that there's no definite mashable combos that will help you get the upper hand over anyone else with a certain character. Anyone who played SSB's will know that was somewhat of an issue. Sony has a good idea here, they have a large amount of diverse characters where most don't just come from one universe(Nintendo and Mario, although this is perfectly fine as Mario has a fantastic universe to implore), aren't just the same rooty-tooty point and shooty guys(Mircrosoft) or are too few in numbers to justify a game like this(Microsoft again).

Sony has barely scratched the surface of what can be done with these games but next time if their smart they'll do what Nintendo has been doing; cashing in them nostalgia chips. So include everyone such as Spyro, Crash, Gabriel Logan, hell why not throw out some forgotten characters like the guy from Dark Cloud, Lazarus Jones or Herdy Gerdy? C'mon guys, HERDY GERDY!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back