• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Playstation 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
PlayStation 4 To Replace The PlayStation 3 Within 18 Months

Sony seems to be on the ropes and needs an real boost for its gaming business. While the company officials remain mum, rumor has it that PlayStation 4 is already on development.

As you recall, Ken Kutaragi recently said that "I have the vision of PlayStation 4, 5 and 6, which will merge into the network", a statement which only serves to give some more credibility to such rumors.

Smarthouse.com reports:

“A new Playstation 4 could be less than 18 months away according to a Sony insider. The device will include the same chipset as the current PS3 but where it will differ from the current model is in the drive bay and in the attachment area. It will also include an extensive software suite for the managing of content being streamed to a TV or Hi Fi source.”

So, the PlayStation 4 would only be a re-worked version the current console, with some new or enhanced features. Hopefully, Sony will be able to seriously cut down manufacturing costs and, therefore, the PS3's retail price, because that's what's killing the sales in the first place. Even crapper is that i bought the 60MB PS3 back before Christmas and i think its works fine with HD and all that.

I've got a PS3 but I've hardly touched it. The launch titles are shit. I'll have to wait till towards the end of the year when all the decent titles come out. SvR 08, PES7,GTA etc.

I was expecting them to bring out a different version of the PS3 a few moth's later. Usually they slim them down, make them cheaper and alter them slightly. It takes the piss. All the people who spend more money get a shittier version of the console.

Didn't even bother thinking of buying it. I got a media laptop in the fall and it can support a lot of games, whic I don't have time to play much of anyway. The ONLY reason I would even consider getting it is for the next GTA, but only if that doesn't come out on PC or my graphics card can't support it and I can get a PS3 for cheap.

This PS4 talk is funny, because it means some poor saps will buy it when it comes out even though they don't need to since they have the PS3.`

I'd agree with Prax there, the only reason I'd end up upgrading my Playstation is for the next GTA title, which looks like will only be on the next generation game systems. Damn shame. The PS2 is still completely fine, I didn't even think twice about getting the PS3, what was the point? Most games still come out on PS2 anyways.

Ha, Sony's backs are on the wall and for good reason. There PS3 was the highest priced next gen system. Plus the games for PS3 are like 60-70$ are so. Those are ridiclous prices for games. Regardless how good they are. PS4 comming out so soon after PS3 is a bad idea because it will just bomb because people just got there PS3. Sony just need to lower there prices of their PS3 and it will sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back