• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Plaxico Burress

Anyone who follows sports knows who Plaxico Burress is. He's been talked about every day for a week or two now. (I guess that's what happens when there is literally nothing but baseball games on.) On November 28, 2008 Plaxico Burress was at a nightclub. Professional athletes have this idea that they're important figures and targets for crime. I can understand that. Carrying 20k in your underwear would probably make you a target for a mugging... Anyway... So Plaxico carries a gun, as do many other athletes. The only problem, is that it was unlawful. Now, his gun slid down his pants and when he reached for it, he shot himself in the leg.

The injury wasn't serious and he was released from the hospital the next afternoon. He promptly turned himself into the police, which I applaud him for. His trial has been put off till next year, after the NFL season is over. He's currently suspended from the league and a free agent. I have two questions. Will he be reinstated? If so, who will he be signed by?

I don't really like Plaxico, but hell if Suckman(Pacman) Jones can get reinstated in the NFL then I think Plaxico should also be reinstated.

Now as far as to who would sign him, well that's a good question. I think either the Raiders, Bengals or even the Bears could possibly sign him to a contract. I mean he is a productive receiver who makes a diffence in the passing game & is very reliable on the field, but the big risk those teams would make is his off the field presence as we don't truly know if he is not gonna be a locker room disruption anymore or not.

Plaxico is a great receiver so yes he will be reinstated. He helped the Giants win the Superbowl so my guess would be probably the NYG. If New York doesn't take him I'm sure someone will baring he does get reinstated. He is too good of a player to remain a free agent and could bring a lot to any team.

Now, Big Pimpin mentioned Pacman Jones. The reason that he looks so bad is because he had something like fourteen altercations with the law. Plaxico Burress has also had two separate occasions where there has been a domestic disturbance at his home and police were called. Burress was also leased a car for free because he promised to attend a few public events. He never returned the car and never went to the events. Later, the car was impounded by the NYPD and returned to the owner, damaged. Burress accepted responsibility for some of the damage and told the court to determine the amount he needed to pay. He was only charged $1,700 out of the $19,000 the owner wanted. There is a suit against him claiming that his $140,000 Mercedes collided with the back of a woman's car. Burress was without car isurance at the time. He's also been sued atleast nine times since 2000.

He has quite a lot of baggage.

I definitely think he'll get re-instated, but probably not until the NFL knows there's a team that wants him. I think they're doing the same thing with Vick. I'm a huge Giants fan, but I never liked Burress. He made a few big plays for us, but his work ethic was for shit, and he never did anything to help the team, just himself.

As far as who would sign him...I have two guesses. One, is the Oakland Raiders. Why? Because Al Davis is a senile old fuck, and loves tall guys who can run fast. Burress would be poison in that locker room, and would only set the team back. The second, is the Washington Redskins. Why? Dan Snyder is a greedy little fuck, and loves to spend big money on guys that will never work for his coaches.

He'll definitely be re-instated in due time. When looking at potential teams to sign him I look at the Ravens- Looking for not only a #1 WR for Flacco, but a great redzone target + playing Pittsburgh 2x/year, I look at the Jets, obviously, stating their interest. And I look at Miami. The Dolphins probably won't repeat last season, but they aren't looking at it that way. They have plenty of young WRs, but for a 1 year deal I could see Miami show interest rather than throwing Patrick Turner to the wolves.

As a Steeler fan I will say that Burress is a bumb. He is a number two receiver at his best, and that is never consistent. The Steelers won a Superbowl without him, and so did the Giants as I don't remember Burress having any kind of impact in that win for the Giants, do you? The man can barely speak english let alone play for the team, and not himself. I'm sure the Giants are moving on, and for who ever is stupid enough to hire him, good luck!

He'll definately get reinstated. But truk24 you're out of your mind, Plaxico is clearly an extremely talented receiver, that's pretty much not debatable.

I have much less of a problem with Plaxico's situation then I do with Pacmans. Yeah what Plax did was clearly stupid (he shot himself for God's sake) but it's hardly worth banning him from the league for. When you're drawing that kind of attention to yourself quite honestly you need that kind of protection.

Seriously though Plax...who goes to a night club in a pair of fuckin' sweat pants? Did you really think sweat pants were the way to go when tucking that gun away? It's completely your fault for getting shot man, seriously.

He'll definitely get reinstated, but what's hurting Plaxico more than the accident is his antics behind the scenes. I mean, this guy doesn't get along with hardly any of his teammates, he's late to meetings, practices, etcetera, he doesn't play hard if he doesn't get the ball early in the game, and other problems like that. I think those problems are going hurt him more so than him being a moron who shot himself. As great as a player Plaxico is... he's worthless if he's a shitty teammate and someone who plays as selfishly as he does, and teams know that. So, unless he's able to change his attitude, he'll never reach the success he got while in New York.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back