• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pick A Band - Go Backstage

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Here's your chance to be a little creative, and have a little fun. What I want to know is; if you had the chance to go backstage with any 1 band, and chill with them, who would it be? Why? What would you do?

I bring this up because I'll be able to go backstage for my first time ever in a few weeks, and have absolutely no idea how I'll react once I actually get my pass, and walk through the special door.

Since that will be with my favorite band, I'll use someone else for the sake of the thread. I'd like to go backstage with a band like Dropkick Murphys. They would definitely be a hell of a lot of fun, and you wouldn't have to think of what to do. I'm not a beer drinker, but I'd drink with them, and probably get stone cold drunk by the time 3a rolled around.

Good thread idea NSL. While I'm tempted to name a few of my favorite bands like The Doors or The Smiths or Black Flag, I'm going to try and purely think about this in terms of who I think would be the most fun to be with backstage as well. I'd likely still go with The Doors because Morrison has been one of my idols for a very long time and I'd love nothing more than to have met and hung out with him, but just for the sake of fun, I'm going to go with the Grateful Dead, specifically when they first began and were playing all of their shows with Ken Kesey & the Merry Pranksters, running around California holding giant LSD-fueled concerts, handing out spiked Kool-Aid and all night long jamfests with the Dead. How much damn fun would THAT have been, hanging out with the Dead and Ken Kesey?

It saddens me that no one else has a band they'd die to hang backstage with. To try and keep this going, I'll name a 2nd band.

Of all the bands I've seen live, there's always been 1 that seemed to have the most fun on stage, and that's All That Remains. I watched their DVD, and the entire time they showed that they really have kept their feet on the ground through their long slow rise to fame. On stage, they're full of energy, and love having the crowd in their hands. I'm pretty sure they'd be a lot of fun to chill with backstage and have a drink or two.

Well considering I was out drinking and making good use of a hotel room this weekend, I didn't get to see this thread. That being said I have a couple of groups/artists that I would love to party with. The first group is Bone Thugs because I want to see what kind of dank they smoke, that and I wanna drink Sin (Gin and Hennessey) with Krayzie Bone. The second group I want to party backstage with is Kottonmouth Kings and I think it's pretty clear why I would want to. As much as they love weed they would have to have some shit that would blow Bone Thug's weed out of the water. But Bone Thugs would be the top of the list, their music has inspired me, I've had their music playing through the great times, and the bad times, so to finally meet them would be awesome. And even more then just meeting them, getting a chance to kick it with them and talk about shit while we're partying would be a blast for me.

This is such a difficult choice. I mean, there are a whole bunch of awesome bands out there. Damn you NSL for making me think lol. Do I go with SOiL? Offspring? Linkin Park? Disturbed? Papa Roach? Fucking TAT? Honestly this is one of the more difficult choices I have when it comes to music.

I think I will have to go with Linkin Park. My favorite band of all time. Seen them a few times, and each show was stellar. We would probably hang out backstage, talk about all sorts of shit, probably their beginnings, Shinoda's time with Fort Minor, and Chester's side project Dead By Sunshine. It would be fucking awesome.

I'm really thinking about this one :confused: Well it would come down between Queen, just to ask Mercury how the hell he pulled off the chord structure for Bohemian Rhapsody, and The Strokes, to ask Casablancas about his side project and when are they going to release their new album.

I'm going to be a bitch and pick the band everyone assumes I would pick. Coheed and Cambria.

They are, essentially, me with extreme amounts of musical and creative talent. I'm sure we can get a discussion of anything going and I can keep up. We can also discuss different aspects of our respective creative attempts, such as Claudio's The Amory Wars and my own short stories. We bullshit about the usual bullshit, and we can do whatever the fuck they wanted to. Because they're cool like that.

Basically, this:

[youtube]WpSxLrWnwNk[/youtube]

Or, failing that, Serj Tankian. He's the lead singer of System of a Down, and sparked a solo career after the band members went off on their own separate projects. At first the projects were mainly political in nature, like Serj's project for awareness of the Armenian Genocide. However, Tankian released a solo album in which he performed all of the relevant parts. Instruments, back up, main vocals, songwriter, producer, everything.

I would totally speak to him about all kinds of philosophical issues, to see his probably most interesting take. I would also speak to him about his travels with SOAD and his latest album, and his most recent concert in which he played with a full orchestra as his backup. It must have been awesome.

Or, this:

[youtube]NKMnaoG4Zc8[/youtube]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back