Phoenix Region, Vancouver Subregion: First Round: (7)Kevin Nash vs. (26)Steve Corino

Who Wins This Match

• Kevin Nash

• Steve Corino

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a first round match in the Phoenix Region.

This match takes place in the BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

bcplace.jpg

#7 Kevin Nash

nash.jpg

Vs.

#26 Steve Corino

corino.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

I think even 51 year old Nash could take care of Corino, let alone Nash in his WWF prime.

Easy win for Big Sexy.

beleive it or not, this one would be close. nash has heavily relied on power & size, as well as being one of the smartest in the business. fucking sneaky & good on the mic. multiple world\tag titles to his name as well. his only downfall is- how many titles\matches would he have won -if not so aligned with the wcw backstage era? Arguably one of the best big men to step into the ring & damn near unstoppable with HBK or Hall at his side. but this is alas, a singles match. His run in the WWF was fantastic & you can never count out his impact in the NWO. Unfortunately he is injury prone & a good technical guy could tear him down at the knees.

in comes steve corino. he has never officially worked for the big time, rather made a name for himself tearing through the states as one of the last few journeymen. proving his talent one city at a time. 'king of old school' has torn up alot of bodies on the way & can prove when the technical attack fails- turn up the hardcore. corino is verry underrated bc of his lack of exposure in the big 2, but that shouldnt stop him from going down in history as one of the better guys to do it old school.

im very torn, but based on the fact nash beat big name guys that corino never faced (& probly wouldnt have beat). this one goes to nash, after a pretty good battle.

Corino deserves more credit than this... but Nash is a beast and in his prime... was damn near unstoppable. I'd easily take Nash in this one because of size and his ability to beat up the little guys. And compared to Nash... Corino's a small dude.

Nash wins with the Jackknife Powerbomb. One more.. for the good guys.

I voted simply based on personal preference here. I can't stand Nash, I think he's one of the most overrated guys I've had the displeasure of watching.

I just wanted to vote against Nash. Sorry guys.

I cannot stand Steve Corino. I have seen countless matches he was involved in. I never got what people saw in him. I know he doesn't have millions of fans, but he has always seemed to have a following.

His following doesn't seem to be showing up in this tournament, lol. There is no way he ever wins this. EVER! Corino is garbage and Nash is bigger, stronger and more popular garbage, so Nash gets my vote.

I hate having to vote against Corino, I really do. I have always been a big fan of the guys work- he was even my avatar until I switched to Tara...

He is extremely underrated, and a very capable wrestler, but Nash in his prime would have been too big and too strong. Corino never really faced anybody the size of Nash in ECW where he made his name (perhaps Bam Bam Bigelow if the 2 ever met), and Nash would be able to take everything Corino threw at him and then destroy him with a Jack Knife Powerbomb, leaving Steve a wreck on the mat.

Nash in his prime was a force to be reckoned with. Put the two of them together now and Corino is in much better physical health and more active in the ring than Nash, so I may have swtiched my vote...but in their primes it isnt really a contest.

Big Sexy In The House

I've never been a huge fan of Kevin Nash inside the ring but I have to give the man his dues. Even now, Kevin Nash is an impressive physical specimen of a man. In his prime, the guy was a beast and would just maul nearly everyone in his path.

Let's face it, Corino is an absolute nobody compared to Kevin Nash and, kayfabe, Nash would demolish a nobody like Corino in less than 5 minutes. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Corino was unable to get Nash off his feet. He'd take and absorb anything Corino threw at him and would damn near drive him through the ring with the Jack Knife Powerbomb. Nash takes this and it's not really even much of a contest.

This is a squash match, honestly. Big Sexy will end this almost as quickly as he ended Bob Backlund's title reign. I don't see this going more than two minutes. Maybe some quick offense from Corino, followed by a mean powerbomb to end it!

Kevin Nash takes this one home pretty firmly. While Corino is a decent wrestler, and like Lariat said he deserves more credit, he just doesn't stand a chance when being compared to Kevin Nash, who were quite dominant in his prime years, as well as he might still even be more dominant than what Corino could truly pull a victory off on.

Kevin Nash gets the victory fair and square, and probably rather quick as well.

Corino may be good, but he's small talent. Nash eats small talent for lunch. As said before. Nash is too big and even in his older days, he can beat up anybody with disproportioned talent size. Nash takes this easy.

If Nash can squash someone as small as Rey Mysterio, what chance does Steve Corino have? Granted, he's not as small as Rey, and quite better in the ring, Nash does more methodical wrestling, once you get hit with a big boot, corner elbow smash'd, and finally get Jack-knifed, you're done.

My vote: Big Sexy.

I have little knowledge when it comes to Steve Corino, so I'm voting this on name value and accomplishments and based on those means, Nash gets the nod and moves to the second round.

Look, Steve Corino goes around the world, and I think a lot of people in the IWC enjoy what he does, but for the most part, he's a nobody. If there's one wrestler in the world that is guaranteed to get the job done over a smaller, not widely known wrestler, it is Vinnie Vegas himself. I can't really see anyway this would finish with anything other than a decisive victory for Kevin Nash.

Steve Corino deserves a lot more credit than he is getting in my opinion, the guy was apart of the original ECW and he went through some truly hellish matches and I know nobody has said differently but he still is one tough dude. He still isn't bad on the mics in his days in the ROH and he could cut a pretty good promo for a hardcore wrestler but it just comes down to size and the realization that Corino can't turn to any weapons. The size difference is much too much for this to even close to even and even though I may be the minority when I say it would take at least a little bit to keep the bugger down, he'd be too small to land any kicks or punches that hurt and would be picked up like a small child and jacknife powerbombed to the ground in a crumpled mess of flesh and bones.

You may like Kevin Nash or you may not, and of course it's your prerogative either way. Personally I have always liked the guy and have found him to be an impactful performer wherever he has been. He was a force back in WWF, starting off as HBK's bodyguard and ending up champion in his own regard.

He was a significant portion of the nWo, the most dominant wrestling faction in years, one which pushed WWF to the brink. And he has been significant in TNA until his recent departure.

Granted he is past his prime now, but he still elicits a pretty decent crowd reaction. Just look at the Royal Rumble.

In contrast, I barely even know who Steve Corino even is. I hear about him on here from time to time, but I am not sure if I have ever seen him wrestle; if I have, he apparently hasn't made much of an impact on me.

I see Nash going over here relatively easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back