Phobias

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fear of Big words is a big word. Its Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.
The fear of Peanut Butter sticking to the roof of your mouth is Arachibutyrophobia.
The fear of fear itself is Phobophobia.
The fear of Friday the Thirteenth is Paraskavedekatriaphobia.
The Fear of the Number of the beast (666) is Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.
The fear of Nudity is Gymnophobia .
The fear of speaking in public is Glossophobia.
Fear of Heights is Acrophobia. (this one I have if Im Harnessed and climbing stuff, But not if im getting Paper Towels chucked at me to stack on a 3-4 metre or so fall from where i am standing.)
The fear of Clowns is Coulrophobia.
The fear of the number thirteen is Triskaidekaphobia.

None of these I have but the one I said and partially Coulrophobia but only evil clowns.

I just read an old Guiness Book of Records and there was a life size picture of spiders and I was a little freaked out so I guess we all have a little fear involving spiders.

I can never get to sleep when a spider is in the corner of my room because I have to keep looking at it and then I get scared when it moves because I could never sleep knowing that it could be crawling around on me through the night (I am not talking about little ones because we get huge ones up here.)

i have moronphobia

its different though. in this case, phobia means hatred. so, to disect the word, I HATE MORONS

(Source=wikipedia)

Acrophobia — fear of heights.
Agoraphobia — fear of a place or event where escape is impossible or when help is unavailable.
Algophobia — fear of pain.
Androphobia — fear of males.
Anthropomorphobia — fear or dislike of anthropomorphic traits.
Aquaphobia — fear of water
Astraphobia — fear of thunder, lightning and storms; especially common in young children.
Autophobia — fear of being alone.
Aviophobia — fear of flying.
Bacillophobia — fear of microbes and bacteria.
Bathophobia — fear of depth.
Cibophobia — aversion to food, synonymous to Anorexia nervosa.
Claustrophobia — fear of confined spaces.
Clinophobia — fear of going to bed or falling asleep.
Coulrophobia — fear of clowns (not restricted to evil clowns).
Dentophobia — fear of dentists and dental procedures.
Dysmorphophobia — a phobic obsession with a real or imaginary body defect.
Emetophobia — fear of vomiting.
Ergasiophobia — fear of work or functioning, or a surgeon's fear of operating.
Erotophobia — fear of sexual love or sexual questions.
Erythrophobia — pathological blushing.
Genophobia — fear of sexual intercourse.
Glossophobia — fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak.
Gymnophobia — fear of nudity.
Heliophobia — fear of sunlight.
Hemophobia — fear of blood.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia — fear of the number 666.
Hoplophobia — fear of firearms (guns).
Lalophobia — fear of speaking.
Ligyrophobia — fear of loud noises.
Mysophobia — fear of germs, contamination or dirt.
Necrophobia — fear of death, the dead.
Neophobia — fear of newness, novelty.
Nosophobia — fear of contracting a disease
Nyctophobia — fear of darkness.
Osmophobia — fear of smells.
Paraskavedekatriaphobia — fear of Friday the 13th.
Panphobia - fear of everything or constantly afraid without knowing what is causing it
Pyrophobia, — fear of fire.
Radiophobia — fear of radiation or X-rays.
Sociophobia — fear/dislike of society or people in general (see also "sociopath").
Taphophobia — fear of the grave, or fear of being placed in a grave while still alive.
Technophobia — fear of technology (see also Luddite).
Tokophobia — fear of childbirth.
Triskaidekaphobia — fear of the number 13.
Trypanophobia — fear of needles, injections or of pointed objects.
Xenophobia — fear of strangers, foreigners, or aliens.

Here is a list of phobias of animals.

Ailurophobia — dislike of cats.
Apiphobia — fear of bees.
Arachnophobia — fear of arachnids, usually specific to spiders.
Chiroptophobia — fear of bats.
Cynophobia — fear of dogs
Entomophobia — fear of insects.
Equinophobia — fear of horses.
Herpetophobia — fear of reptiles.
Musophobia — fear of mice and/or rats.
Ophidiophobia — fear of snakes.
Ornithophobia — fear of birds.
Zoophobia — a generic term for animal phobias

I have Cyricphobia--fear of terrible internet admins.

At least Luther Hull is a better mod.

Luther Hull for admin!

Here are some wierd and rather strange one's I found. I would imagine that these are all really rare, or at least I would hope

Xanthophobia- Fear of the color yellow or the word yellow (so I guess J Diddy's siguture would cause them to become catatonic)
Trichopathophobia or Trichophobia- Fear of hair
Urophobia- Fear of urine or urinating
Sesquipedalophobia- Fear of long words
Phallophobia- Fear of a penis, esp erect
Papyrophobia- Fear of paper
Leukophobia- Fear of the color white
Caligynephobia- Fear of beautiful women (man this one would suck)

I don't know if I mentioned it already but I have Altophobia- Fear of heights, Its only bad when i'm up high and i'm not fully restrained, like rock climbing, but otherwise i'm fine but I have suffered from vertigo before.

Loopaslipaphobia - The fear of being chased around your kitchen table by timberwolves, wearing brand new socks, on a newly waxed floor

I think that one was made up, just a little. A made up one I thought was leocularphobia, which is the fear of seeing. Would you kill yourself or something if you were afraid of your eyes or seeing things? You'd poke your eyes out anyway. And what would happen if you were afraid of water? What are you going to do then? Stupid phobias. Glad I don't have them.....I think.

I have a phobia of spiders. BIG TIME!!! My friends tried to get me over being scared of spiders so they had me watch some movies like arachnophobia. I was so scared I started to cry. Everyone thought it was funny.

IT WASN'T!

I just laughed a little at your phobia... even though I share it... I don't cry over spiders... I kill the bastards

I'm not afraid of them but I can't bring myself to kill one. Mostly because I feel bad for them. They do eat other annoying insects after.

Although it is freaky when the buggers crawl on your skin and fall on you.

have you ever seen that movie? oh my gosh it was so freeken scary. I almost pissed myself when the I watched the shower part. you have to watch the movie to know what I'm talking about.

but I am really scared of them I will kill the really small ones but if they are bigger then about a half a inch I will make someone else kill it for me. the most scary spider is the daddy long leg or those big black spiders. they scare me sooooooo badly. I hate spiders.

of corse they do GREAT stuff for the world like getting rid of the bad bugs for us but still they bite people.

when ever my dad and I see a spider, I tell him to kill it and do you know what he says to me? "oh it doesn't eat more then 4 or 5 pounds"

what they heck!

I found something out today...spiders do not rule. I was going through all this stuff near the corner of my room and there were about 10 of those little spiders that creep everyone out. I smashed them into the ground but that's not a nice thought when you think about how big their families are. I guess I am scared of spiders after all, but I guess everyone (except weirdos) are as well.

I have ocd....i think. I need to even things out persay. So if someone moves there head up i move mine down. Ya i know thats not a phobia but w/e.

Im afraid of bees, but then again i have to be since im alergic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back