• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Petey Williams

The HEEL JuiceLee

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was just watching PETEY WILLIAMS on lucha libre usa and i was very impressed. I started watching TNA full time in early 09 but he must have already been gone. But i have seen him on many youtube clips when i went back to study TNA. I love his finisher the canadian deystroyer and think he is real good.

so i ask if anyone knows why he left TNA?:confused:

ALSO

Would you like to see PETEY WILLIAMS return to todays TNA?

IF SO how would you bring him in or Who would you like to see him fued with?

Since i started this thread of course that means i would love for him to return to TNA on a full time basis. They way i would bring him in is with a simple promo saying how things have definately changed since he left. some good, start putting over the company and the top faces like Hardy AJ and Storm... And some things not so good. start to mention bischoff then out of the back comes Austin Aries. they promo back and fourth and i think the 2 could put on a 4 maybe 5 star fued in and out of ther ring.

---YOUR THOUGHT'S--

I'm not sure why they parted ways, I know he was told that he wouldn't have his contract renewed but, to my knowledge, there has never been an official reason... so, I suppose he either pissed someone of influence or the old favorite 'creative has nothing for you' would be the (ridiculous) conclusion.

I'd love to see him back, he is excellent in the ring and (unlike Sorenson, Haskins or Ion) he already has the fans on his side.

If I was to bring him back, I'd have it as part of the current World Title storyline. During an episode of Impact, have Roode confronted by AJ or Kaz and then have 'The Canadian Destroyer', well, destroy them. Go with the idea that Storm, Styles & Kazarian were never really Bobby's friends but his actual good friend(s?) has(have) been kicked out of the company forcing him into Beer Money and, subsequently, Fortune.

I heard that he simply got informed that TNA would not be renewing his contract once it expired. He had an alright run and if he returned he could be good for the X Division, although I don't see him ever getting up much further than that on the card. His title reign in 2008 has not been matched in length since he lost it and was 4th longest (out of 58) reign in the title's history. Williams VS Aries for the X Division Championship would be a good match. I'd be ok with him returning as long as it's as himself, I never want to see Little Petey Pump ever again because that was just awful.

Yeah he left because of his contract but I dont think he was particularly happy there at the end, a bit like Lethal. If I remember correctly then he was losing a lot, didnt get the supposed rub from Steiner. He just wasn't a good choice for anything beyond the X Division. He had one upside but this advantage (his incredible finisher - the single most incredible move I had ever seen and what got me into TNA) restricted him out of the card.

Sure they tried to give him the Sharpshooter but it made him look shallow and one-dimensional because he was always built around his one move.

He would have been a fine talent for pushing those better suited, like Shelley and Sabin as he always worked well with smaller guys. But he was best in Team Canada. I liked him as the devoted captain and Scott D'Amore was one of my favourite mouthpieces in his role. Williams was never going to be more successful then that period and TNA made a mess of Lil Petey Pump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back