• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PETA blasts nintendo for Tanooki suit

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
"Tanukis are real-life raccoon dogs who are beaten and, as PETA's undercover exposés show, often skinned alive for their fur," says PETA executive vice president Tracy Reiman. "This winter, everyone can give raccoon dogs and other fabulous animals a 1-Up by keeping our wardrobes fur-free."

The game, which is available to play on PETA's website, puts players in control of a skinned raccoon as they hunt down Mario wearing his tanooki suit.

"Tanooki may be just a "suit" in Mario games, but by wearing the skin of an animal, Mario is sending the message that it's OK to wear fur. We created our game to help inform people that in real life, Mario would be wearing the skin of an animal who was beaten, strangled or electrocuted, and it wouldn't give him any special powers other than the power of self-deception," PETA says.

:lmao:

Yeah, this isn't really blasting Nintendo as much as it is using something topical to make a light hearted and completely valid point. I abhor PETA as much as the next man, ever since they wrote that letter to the Tamil Tigers, but in the pantheon of stupid crap they've pulled I see this as being fair enough.

I can't help but feel PETA would get more done if they weren't so damn pedantic. You know, they could confront real animal rights issues and such. Oh well, fuck it. Let's lynch Miyamoto.

I read this again and as Gelgarin said, this is tame for PETA. In essence all they're saying is "don't wear fur because the process by which its obtained is cruel to animals." There's nothing wrong with that and as long as they don't go overboard as they usually do, there's nothing wrong with spreading your message.

I'm going to order it from shopto.net tomorrow.

I've learned that PETA is so ridiculous that taking them seriously is impossible. I'm all for not mistreating animals but these dumbasses take it so far that nobody takes them seriously, fuckin attacking Nintendo? Really?

Meh it wasn't that bad at all, I just went for the sensationalist headline.

Because the tanooki's in the new mario game which the frog is not?

Why do people keep talking about PETA? Every time they do or say something absurd, the choir comes out of the woodwork talking about how not seriously they take PETA.

Just stop talking about them.

Have you seen the promotional art PETA is spreading around of Mario in a bloody raccoon suit? Fucking disgusting.

Yes and theres a game where a racoon kills mario.

Mario doesn't even get his suit from a raccoon! He gets it from a leaf! That transforms!

This is fucking stupid. Even animals hate PETA. They are like the redheaded stepchild that the other activist groups don't let out of the basement very often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back