• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Personality Tests

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
LSN and I were chatting earlier today and personality types got brought up, we got briefly into the topic pf personality tests which inspired me to make this thread a few hours later.

The personality test I have heard about the most is called True Colors. The results score you in 4 different colors. Blue for emotional, green for someone who likes to be busy or get things done, gold for a leader, and orange for those who are more interested in having a good time. There is also another version of it with animals (dog = blue, beaver = green, lion = gold, and otter = orange) that I have also taken. I scored 100% Blue which is almost unheard of among men, Gold and Green nearly tied for second while Orange had next to nothing with it being my lowest score.

Then there is Myers Briggs which scores you on introversion VS extroversion, sensing VS intuition, thinking VS feeling, and judging VS perception. I have taken this test many times too and usually get INFJ or something close to that. Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, and Judging. It changes every now and then but I always get Introverted and Feeling. The second and fourth letters fluctuated some between times I took it.

There are of course other personality tests out there but these are the ones I have seen and heard of the most.

So what are your thoughts on personality tests, do you like them? Why or why not? Any results you'd like to share?

So.... discuss.

Personality tests! I love them!

I love spending my time taking these quizzes/tests.

It's just so much fun, seeing so many things/ choices people would make and then picking my own amongst them.

Reminds me of how different people are and I like that. :)

As Personality types I mostly get "Jolly/Funny/Emotional"

I remember taking a "In your circle of friends, who are you?" quiz or something along the lines and my result was "Parental Unit."

Lol, it's true. And about Myers Briggs, I don't remember what exactly my result was, but it was something like IFIJ. Anyway, it was accurate. :p

I've taken quite a few quizzes on the internet. Most of the are trivia quizzes wich I easily pass. When I took that jung and Briggs test I got "intj" wich means introverted intuitive thinking judging. I like personality tests and think they are a lot of fun

I find personality tests to be quite fun. First, if it's a bad one, it can show you how poorly made it ias if you think the answer is completely wrong. And sometimes, personality tests bring up traits you may forget about yourself, so they're handy. Of course they can be wrong, but, that's fine. More importantly, there quite an amount of different ones, even ones for series. If you take a series personality quiz, and they match you up with some badass mo'fo, it's pretty cool.

I find personality tests to be quite fun. First, if it's a bad one, it can show you how poorly made it ias if you think the answer is completely wrong. And sometimes, personality tests bring up traits you may forget about yourself, so they're handy. Of course they can be wrong, but, that's fine. More importantly, there quite an amount of different ones, even ones for series. If you take a series personality quiz, and they match you up with some badass mo'fo, it's pretty cool.

First off, I dont have a darn clue what this dude said here. It sounds like a mixture of Ebonics and Latin, but I could be wrong. ;)

Anyway, I enjoy personality tests, giving them moreso then doing them. While I like being introspective, I enjoy giving them to others and see how closely it measures up to how they've described themselves to me. Personality tests aren't an exact science, because there's always ways to beat them. But if you answer honestly without expectations, there's alot you can find out about yourself.

For fun, I just took the Jung/Briggs psychological test. I scored as an Extravert(56), Intuitive(25), Feeling(38), and Judging(11). I know the scores are percentages compared to the other personality traits based upon the questions the trait is about, but it always confuses me. Im considered to be judging at 11%? Sonmetimes, they annoy me, because I begin to wonder about how I could be classified as judgmental at just 11%. Anyway, I know my score breaks down into "Idealistic Teacher", and that pretty much desrcibes me. As a therapist, I always believe that my client will turn out for the better when they're done with therapy, and I helping people learn more about themselves. There's a genuine enthusiasm I get when I see someone get a breakthrough, or realize something they hadn't thought about before. People are my highest priority, as the quiz suggests, and I genuinely care about seeing their problems fixed and their issues solved, my investment being too high at times. In this case, I think the test got it right.

Being married, I took a marriage compatibility test as well. It touched on the features of your partner's personality, their attractiveness, your level of security, your beliefs, and your morals regarding your marriage. All in all, I scored a 88% with my wife, while she scored a 92% when she took it. I was pleased to see the scores not only be high, but to match up closely as well. We get along in almost every way, the only things we dont see eye to eye on is our taste in music, and how to spend each Saturday night. So to me, this was a sense of validation, albeit a small one. I look at these things and regardless of the results, I know who I am, although its nice to get it confirmed, even if its just by an online test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back