• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pearl Jam or Mother Love Bone

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
Inspired by the Alter Bridge or Creed thread I decided to try a variation.

Stone Gossard (Bassist) and Jeff Ament (guitar) were in both bands with with Bruce Fairweather (guitar), Greg Gilmore (drums) and Andrew Wood (vocals) making up Mother Love Bone, Mike McCready (guitar), Eddie Vedder (vocals) and (currently) Matt Cameron (drums) making up Pearl Jam.

Mother Love Bone had a glam rock type feel with a bit of grunge are credited with being at the forefront of the 'grunge' subgenre helping establish it, with Pearl Jam being one of grunge's most famous bands.

Here are some examples

Pearl Jam-Even Flow

[YOUTUBE]Rsa3HohTIdo[/YOUTUBE]

Mother Love Bone- Stardog Champion

[YOUTUBE]k7CPIXnaeeQ&feature=PlayList&p=782DC9235A6DB25B&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=3[/YOUTUBE]

So who do you prefer. I personally prefer Mother Love Bone and for me it's because I prefer Andrew Wood's vocals to Eddie Vedder's nothing against Vedder but I just prefer Wood. Also Mother Love Bone had a bit more variety with their glam rock and grungy feel in my opinon whereas Pearl Jam had less.

Also Mother Love Bone had a bit more variety with their glam rock and grungy feel in my opinon whereas Pearl Jam had less.

I definitely don't know about that. Even in Pearl Jam's debut alone they shifted between hard rock, grunge, and beautiful ballads. Plus Mother Love Bone was only around for two years whereas Pearl Jam has now been around for 20 years. Maybe if MLB could have lasted longer I would have a harder time deciding who I like more but my vote goes to Pearl Jam. I know a lot of people didn't like Backspacer but I thought it was good. Sure not even close to Ten, Vs., or Vitalogy but I wasn't expecting it to be. I also love Vedder's voice and his ability to make the whole crowd sing along. Plus PJ are one of the few bands who can replicate every song on stage night after night and never have a bad show. As long as Pearl Jam keeps evolving and making new music they'll be one of my favorite bands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back