Pay-Per-View Theme Song Thread

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Okay, so here we can discuss the theme songs for all the theme songs for Pay-Per-Views.

I like Showstopper by Toby Mac for Fatal-Four-Way. At first I didn't like it, but I enjoy it more and more every time I see a F4W commercial playing with it.

Hero by Skillet fit the Royal Rumble very well. I enjoyed it, it just went so well with the theme and the video package they made with it was epic.

I'd like to see them use Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach someday. I know it's an older song, and I believe I read somewhere it used to be used for Tough Enough, but I think it would be epic building up a PPV, especially in a Main Event fued.

So, what songs do you all like. What was the best, the worst? What would you like to see used?

"Hero" was a great theme. But not for the Royal Rumble. Edge was our hero? It just didn't fit the bill of the match. The 2007 theme, "Drones" by Rise Against remains my favorite used for a PPV. It was a Rumble that was anybody's ball game. The music added to it well as the wrestlers struggled for the win. "Ladies and Gentlemen" should be official for every Wrestlemania. It just fits. Saliva made the song with Wrestlemania in mind I believe and it just came out epic. The promo videos used with the song are the best done by WWE.

"Hero" was a great theme. But not for the Royal Rumble. Edge was our hero? It just didn't fit the bill of the match. The 2007 theme, "Drones" by Rise Against remains my favorite used for a PPV. It was a Rumble that was anybody's ball game. The music added to it well as the wrestlers struggled for the win. "Ladies and Gentlemen" should be official for every Wrestlemania. It just fits. Saliva made the song with Wrestlemania in mind I believe and it just came out epic. The promo videos used with the song are the best done by WWE.

Yeah, Ladies and Gentlemen was really meant for Wrestlemania. It fit it so well. Better than than Lil' Wayne they used this year. Which brings me to another rant.

Why do they feel they should use rap songs for PPV. Rap isn't wrestling: Rock is. Showstopper is about the most pop sounding PPV song I've ever liked. They did some crappy rap song for Summerslam 2007 also. Wrestling shouldn't involve rap unless Ron Killings is coming to the ring.

I also like thos original themes they used to do. I think they did it for No Mercy, and they did a bunch of different remixes of one song for different Armageddons.

The end is near for Armageddon a few years back was epic...
The Freddie Blassie video tribute mixed in with it was awesome

One song I've always wanted to hear for a WWE pay-per-view was Drowning Pool's "Reminded."

They used a lot of their songs to promote WWE programming. The WWE used "Bodies" as the official theme for ECW on Sci-Fi for the first year it was on.

But "Reminded" was always one of my favorite DP songs. It could've been used to promote a really intense rivalry.

The best paperview theme of 2010 was the Over The Limit song: "Crash" by Fit for rivals. I think WWE needs to stick to hard rock/alternative/metal for their themes.
Some of my favorite paperview theme songs have been:
Extreme Rules 09 "You're Going Down" by Sick Puppies
Wrestlemania Themes 17-21,23-26 (my way, superstar, crack addict, step up, big time, ladies and gentlemen, light it up, snow (hey oh), be yourself)
Survivor series 03 "build a bridge" limp bizkit
Summer Slam 01 (i think this was the year, might have been 00 or 02) "bodies" drowning pool

well its a long list. but heres some songs i think would make good ppv theme songs, ill add a link to each as well:

"Dragula" Rob Zombie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqQuihD0hoI

"Granite" Pendulum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6JhI4fVxPQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=nxONizRoayo

"Becoming the Bull" Atreyu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=babG8nvGJRI

this could also be a long list, but yeah. wwe should stop putting crappy rap/hip hop/pop songs as their themes, stick to rock and alternative

Yeah, Ladies and Gentlemen was really meant for Wrestlemania. It fit it so well. Better than than Lil' Wayne they used this year. Which brings me to another rant.

Why do they feel they should use rap songs for PPV. Rap isn't wrestling: Rock is. Showstopper is about the most pop sounding PPV song I've ever liked. They did some crappy rap song for Summerslam 2007 also. Wrestling shouldn't involve rap unless Ron Killings is coming to the ring

"Whine up" by Kat DeLuna? That was Reggaeton. It actually fit very nice. Its when Summerslam was billed as "The Biggest Party Of The Summer" so it helped the theme very well. I believe it also had another theme that was used and only promoted during the actual even. It was a rock one. Another Summerslam theme that really hit the mood was "Summertime Blues" by Rush used in 2004. A great selection. I believe that song was quite old before it was picked.
I also like thos original themes they used to do. I think they did it for No Mercy, and they did a bunch of different remixes of one song for different Armageddons.
Those were terrible. The only good thing about the Armageddon one was that "End is near" line. Over the years they just kept remixing it with that line over and over again.

"I made it" Wrestlemania 27 theme is my favorite of the year as I'm tired of the WWE always using rock music, it's good to see rap music in wrestling as it's more popular anyway.

"Hero" by Skillet, I like the song, expect I was hoping CM Punk would win the Rumble & thereafter would used the song as the S.E.S. theme, because if you hear it, matches Punk current gimmick.

I agree that Ladies And Gentlemen by Saliva should be the theme song for every WrestleMania from now on.

But one of my most favorite songs for a PPV was My Way for WM17. It combined the epicness that a WM song needs with the hard edge that a wrestling wong needs.

My favorite non-WM song was Spoilin' For a Fight by AC/DC for Survivor Series 2008. I had been waiting forever for an AC/DC to be PPV music and this was a great choice. It was also great when they made the highlights video for SS. This would also have been a WM worthy song.

I've always wished that they would do a Linkin Park song for a PPV. Or U2's Bullet the Blue Sky (or any other cover of it). That would be sick.

Hunt You Down by Saliva was awesome for NWO 2009. Especially with the feud with Orton and Shane heading into the PPV. Monster by Skillet for the inagural HIAC PPV last year fit the PPV as well since HIAC is about the most demonic structure in wrestling. Step Up by Drowning Pool for WrestleMania XX fit nicely as well, Cena stepped up to the Big Show, Guerrero despite being the reigning and defending Champ stepped up to Angle who was a thorn in Eddie's side for a month and Benoit stepped up to Hunter and Shawn. As far as programming themes go, after Bodies I'd say This Is The New Shit by Marilyn Manson fit in very well for WWE's ECW. Its understandable why they dropped the Bodies theme (Benoit tragedy) but This Is The New Shit before Don't Question My Heart, another amazing theme, fit well with ECW when it still had surviving ECW Originals. I never like the rap themes, the most I liked was Royal Rumble 2009's theme, Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil' Wayne. It did have a rockish vibe to it though.

As for wishful themes, any song by Five Finger Death Punch, I remember seeing that Walk Away by them was used for a TNA PPV on wikipedia. Hard To See or Never Enough by them would fit a PPV. Another Way To Die by Disturbed who, aside from a version of Austin's theme they did haven't had any themes used by WWE which is shocking since songs like Down With The Sickness, or their cover of a Phil Collin's song Land Of Confusion, as well as Indestructible would have fit perfectly with a PPV or even programming. But with a new album coming out soon, a song by Disturbed could still be used. A lot of alt. rock bands like Puddle Of Mudd, Cold, and Shinedown etc. have been popular in the past with themes, wouldn't mind seeing any of their recent songs being used since the tone of the songs fit well with PPVs. I remember seeing a video on youtube for Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho for their match at WrestleMania XIX, the band was Motograter (Whose lead singer is now the lead singer for Five Finger Death Punch, Ivan Moody) and the song was called New Design (Start Over), the song went amazingly well with the video. Placebo's Running Up That Hill was chilling over the amazing Undertaker/Shawn Michaels video earlier this year as well.

There are several that come to mind when I think great PPV themes:

- Drowning Pool- "Bodies"- SummerSlam 2001, ECW One Night Stand 2005, ECW One Night Stand 2006, December to Dismember 2006- It worked PERFECTLY for all four of these events, one of the rare themes to work for multiple PPVs. It described the angst WWF wanted to personify in its Alliance angle and the chaos that the company wanted fans to associate with both ECW One Night Stand PPVs. I think laziness more than anything made it the December to Dismember PPV's theme. I wonder why?

- "Ladies and Gentlemen"- Saliva, WrestleMania 23- I have to agree with what several of you have said. That helped create the anticipation for that PPV and really helped to create a special feel for the show live.

- "Shoot to Thrill"- AC/DC, WrestleMania 25- I've always wanted an AC/DC song to be the main theme for WrestleMania. Even though WrestleMania 25 itself left a lot to be desired, the theme helped to elevate the show in my eyes, and I almost purchased the PPV until I realized just how lame the card was sans Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels.

Personally, I'd like to see an Aerosmith song used for WrestleMania like "Train Kept a Rollin," "Back in the Saddle," or "Sweet Emotion (perhaps just the guitar riffs)." Just use some of their stuff before the Geffen/pop rock era. "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne would also be a solid WrestleMania theme. Classic rock and WrestleMania seem to go hand in hand to me.

"Becoming the Bull" Atreyu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=babG8nvGJRI

this could also be a long list, but yeah. wwe should stop putting crappy rap/hip hop/pop songs as their themes, stick to rock and alternative

I have been saying this for years!..since i first heard that song it screamed WWE PPV.

Anyway i thought Drones by Rise Against for Royal Rumble 2008 was amazing.

Stricken by Disturbed for New Years Revolution 2006 was my favorite. The highlights of the Chamber match and Edge's cash in was great!

Since WWE has a thing for Skillet lately I would like to hear Rebirthing as a PPV theme, along with basically any song of the CD of Atreyu's that Becoming the Bull was on.

Great thread.

I'd like to see them use Getting Away With Murder by Papa Roach someday.

Why do they feel they should use rap songs for PPV.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t the lead singer of Papa Roach rap?

Anyway back to the topic, I love some of the WWE produced songs that they used in and around the year 2000.

One that comes to mind is Royal Rumble 2000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=127aA6iC2Es

At the time it felt very current, contemporary. The beat and sound effects feel as if it could have been taken out of The Matrix.
I also love the siren sound effect, almost feels as if this Royal Rumble is the chaos of the new millennium that we didn’t get from the Y2K bug.

I'm sure the fantastic HHH vs. Cactus Jack build up VT helped solidify this song in my memory, hearing this played after had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Another one that I like is from Backlash 2000 & 2001:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rMI9reSvAE

Bear in mind this one has a 30 second intro.
I love the way this one almost says "So you had your Wrestlemania limelight, now feel the Backlash".
It feels raw and dirty, kind of twisted and intense. Again it builds anticipation for the event with its high tempo.
I preferred it when WWE would use songs that matched the event and made you feel as if you were buying into something purely WWE.

Nowadays the songs feel shoehorned in for whatever needs promoting, it's almost as if the song is a secondary sponsor.

My favourites would have to be
Wrestlemania 17- "my way" by limp bizkit
Summerslam 2002- "fight" by Jim Johnston
Survivor Series 2002- "always" by Saliva
Survivor Series 2004-"ugly" by The Exies
Extreme rules 2009- "you're going down" Sick puppies
Wrestlemania 26- "be yourself" by audioslave

I just thought all these songs worked so well with the promos leading up to their respective ppv's and made me really want to watch the matches they were promoting.
And also how bad ass did " my way " make The Rock and Stone Colds promo leading up to WM17 definitly my all time fav ppv theme

PPV music themes/montages go hand in hand and are great... mostly. I'm sure we could all go on and on... but a few i remember greatly for one reason or another... in no particular order::

1) Wrestlemania X-7 (holds a special place in my heart cause it was my first attended WM and it was in my hometown... Still amazing to me. Excellent highlight promo/theme as well!
2) Vengeance 2001 Awesome promo/theme to unify the titles!
3) Wrestlemania XX Especially when Step Up kicks in!

Couldn't get the videos to post cause well frankly i am an idiot on the computer for the most part. I really love promo/themes... I could keep on and on... hope i didn't stray off topic and if this is too much feel free to delete.
-This is just one mans opinion though -Tdub

There were four that immediately came to mind for me. Three of them have already been mentioned and three of them are by Saliva. Hunt You Down from No Way Out 2009 was an excellent theme for a ppv and I wish they waited one month and used it for mania instead. The other two from Saliva were used at mania. Ladies and Gentlemen was already mentioned, but I think Superstar from WM18 was another great ppv song. My fourth was Step Up from WM20 which was just mentioned.

I liked some of the secondary WrestleMania themes from a few years ago. Behind Those Eyes, I Dare You, and The Memory Will Never Die from manias 21, 22, and 23 were nicely done. Also Leave the Memories Alone for Ric Flair’s retirement was very fitting.

I completely agree with the sentiment that my way by limp bizkit for wrestlemania x-seven was the most epic of them all and my favorite of all. i still get chills wtahcing it to the x-seven highlight reel.

Also Extreme rules 2009- "you're going down" Sick puppies was fantastic as well

Pretty much any song by Shinedown, Saliva, ACDC, and Ozzy that WWE has used is my favorite. I wish they would use "Scream" by Ozzy. Also "Stand up for Rock n Roll" by airbourne was a great song for Royal Rumble 08.

WM23s 'Ladies and Gentlemen' by Saliva was great and I agree with everyone this song should be the theme for every Wrestlemania. also one no-one has mentioned, I think it was Cyber Sunday 09 or if not 08 when they used 'Propane Nightmares' by Pendulum. Fitted the PPV well as it had a futuristic, technological feel to the song, real nice techno.
I also liked Drowning pools 'Let The Bodies hit the floor', it fits nice in any ECW PPV, and it would fit Armageddon and maybe even HIAC PPV.
The worst theme, Aerosmith's 'You gotta' Move' for Summerslam 2009. Didn't fit the PPV at all.

"MY WAY" LImp Bizkit!!!!!!

"Fight" marilyn manson- inVasion
"Adrenaline" Gavin Rossdale- Unforgiven 2002
"Fight" wwe theme- summerslam 2002
"control" puddle of mudd- sseries 2001

For me the best was " Headstrong" by Trapt - Bad Blood 2003.. I loved it when it was played in the promo of the Hell in a Cell match between HHH and Kevin Nash with Mick Foley being the Special Guest Refree.

Before X gets in here and laments the fact that most music that the WWE chooses is shite, and I do agree with him. I did like this song as the theme of the summerslam of Hogan Vs. Michaels.

I'm going to listen to that album now.

I do happen to like some of the more recent choices, the Toby Mac "Showstopper" was good. I liked the WM26 "I Made It" by Kevin Rudolf and the Cash Money rappers. I also liked when they used Skillet's "Monster" for their newer PPV back in'09. The "Hero" by Skillet for RR 2010 was a good choice. WM23 - "LAdies and Gentlemen" is killer too. Sick Puppies "Your Going Down" from Extreme Rules 09.
Some of the older ones I still dig are Unforgiven 2003 "Enemy" by Sevendust, WM22 "I Dare You" by Shinedown, LEave The Memories Alone-Ric Flair retirement WM 24, Extreme Rules 08- Rev Theory "Hell Yeah", "Bodies" Drowning Pool, "Ugly"- Exies,

"Build a Bridge" - Limp Bizkit (Survivor Series 2003)
"Nothing Left to Lose" - Puddle of Mudd (Royal Rumble 2004)
"Remedy" - Seether (SummerSlam 2005)
"Ladies and Gentlemen" - Saliva (Wrestlemania 23)
"There and Back Again" - Daughtry (Backlash 2007)
"Famous" - Puddle of Mudd (One Night Stand 2007)
"Hero" - Skillet (Royal Rumble 2010)

My personal favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back