• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Past Vs Present: Dave Finlay vs Rusev

In a hypothentical match, which wrestler would end up victorious?

• Dave Finlay

• Rusev

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wildcat66

Mastermind of ATV
It has come to my attention that the last installment was clearly overpowered for the present side, as Kevin Owens brutally destroyed Bad News Brown in their fantasy matchup.

I also learned that PvP has a big brother in the WrestleZone Tournaments. Thank you Bernkastel for reminding me about that.

But now, it is time to move on to this edition's PVP. Today; we pit two of the most underrated, underutilized, underpushed wrestlers of their time. The original Irish brawler Finlay and the Russian tank turned wannabe headwear model Rusev.

Dave Finlay
Birth Date: January 31, 1958
Wrestling Debut: 1974

Positives:
+ Among the first to combine being a brawler and having a vicious streak.
+ Could have good matches with just about everyone with his psychology.
+ A legit tough guy, up there with Haku as one of the toughest.
+ Has an underappreciated eye for talent and match structure.

Negatives:
+ He isn't quite known for his mic skills.
+ Whether or not you liked Finlay's face run in WWE is up to you.
+ Had a forgettable run in WCW as the Belfast Bruiser and in his normal name.
+ Let's be honest, his move to have The Miz interrupt the national anthem was a dick move on his part.

Rusev
Birth Date: December 25, 1984
Wrestling Debut: November 22, 2008

Positives:
+ One of the best brawlers in WWE and maybe in the business right now.
+ Has almost godlike comedic prowess.
+ Regardless of thoughts on if Russia should have even been involved in it, Rusev's run as an undefeated beast was well done.
+ Has taken some really questionable decisions made on him and handled them with stride.

Negatives:
+ Once Rusev lost his U.S title, where else could he go in his booking?
+ The disastrous Ziggler, Lana, Rae storyline that almost killed his career.
+ The Accolade is a little bland of a finishing move and probably could be replaced. (Although the attempt to make it more harmful has helped it's credibility)
+ His NXT run before he was paired with Lana is a nice example of how NXT was still trying to find it's footing.

As always, voting ends in one week. Whoever ends up having more votes wins this knock down, drag down brawl that is about to go down...

Now.

Finlay in his prime vs Rusev would make for a great grudge match. Never really felt that Finlay got past mid card status in WCW or WWE. Rusev has main evented shows and has had much more higher profile matches. I give my vote to Lana, I mean Rusev! Handsome Rusev!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back