Parts Unknown Region, First Round: (7) Midnight Express vs.(58)Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Midnight Express

• Mr Fuji and Mr. Saito

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

tumblr_m6enplvJh61r4ocu1o1_500.jpg

7. Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton/Stan Lane)

Vs.

01.jpg

58. Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

There's not much for me to say on this one. Fuji and Saito were a good heel tag team: Saito was a former Olympian in wrestling, and was awesome in the ring. Fuji was Fuji. He was just fun to watch, and just a fantastic heel.

Against most teams, I'd say Fuji and Saito would be poised for an upset.

But they're not facing most teams, this is the Midnight Express we're talking about.

Eaton and Lane were probably the all around best tag team in JCP during the 80s, and that is truly saying something. The only team to hold both the World Tag Team titles and the U.S. tag team titles, they were faced off against the greatest teams at that time: The Road Warriors, The Steiners, Anderson and Blanchard, The Fantastics, The Rock N' Roll Express.

Winners: The Midnight Express

The Midnight Express in this incarnation could very well be the darkhorse of this tournament. A team that defeated the Rock N Roll Express, the Legion of Doom, AND beat Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard for the NWA World Tag Team titles during their peak.

This team would be competitive with any team you put in front of them, and Fuji and Saito would be no match in this bout taking place in the great beyond. lol

No one has held WWF Tag Gold longer than Mr Fuji... that is a very strong recommendation. Alongside Mr Saito only 7 other teams held the belts longer and who knows what might have happened had Saito not been jailed... all very well but this is regarded as the greatest version of the Midnight Express who excelled for a decade when the NWA was regarded as having the stronger tag division. A beautiful sweet victory for the Express.

Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito are victims of Father Time here. I'm sure 99% of us have never seen them wrestle together. The Midnight Express were on of the top teams in what many consider to be the best era in tag team wrestling. It's hard to vote for a team you've never seen wrestle over a team like that no matter how good we heard they were. I'm sorry to see Fuji and Saito being shutout at the moment but I'm voting Midnight Express.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back