Parts Unknown Region, First Round: (26) Fabulous Kangaroos vs. (39) Smoking Gunns

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Fabulous Kangaroos

• Smoking Gunns

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

BarendRogers.jpg

26. Fabulous Kangaroos (Al Costello/Bobby Heffernan)

Vs.

04.jpg

39. Smoking Gunns

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I'm going to say right now that I don't know a lot about the Fabulous Kangaroos. They may not get the support the deserve from me in this tournament. With that said I will vote for them over the Smoking Gunns. I heard of the Kangaroos when I was like ten years old. Never saw them wrestle but for a ten year old kid around 1990 to have even heard of these guys that were in their prime as a team decades earlier tells me they had to be kind of a big deal. The Smoking Gunns were a good team but not really a big deal. They debuted in the WWF in 1993 and with the state of the tag division at the time they should have been regular contenders to the titles by the end of the year. It wasn't until 1995 that they really became relevant and that's when the division was really suffering. It was kind of like the Gunns were the only team left so may as well put the belts on them. The eventually got some more competition in 1996 with the never ending triangle feud with the Bodydonnas and Godwinns but being the best among that group isn't enough to get them past the Kangaroos in round one.

I will go with the Guns here.....just because I am unfamiliar with the Kangaroos. Billy and Bart to Round 2 but that's as far as they will probably get.

The Kangeroo's were a legendary team that main evented throughout North America for decades. The Gunns were the top team in the WWF during a down period for tag team wrestling in North America, and were arguably only the third best team that their most successful member was a part of.

The Kangeroo's will be in tough here just because posters aren't familiar with them, while they all know about the Smoking Gunns. That shouldn't be a reason for them to lose though. They are the far more important team in wrestling history, and should be treated as such in this matchup.

The Kangaroos were a legendary team from the 50's to the 80's. They headlined many, many shows as heels with their "Australian" gimmick. One night in Madison Square Garden, Vince Sr. had to play the US National Anthem to avoid a riot. I do not remember ANYONE so much as blowing a kiss to the Gunns. I HAVE heard of people aiming guns at the Kangaroos. The Gunns would be less than no match for these nuts from Down Under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back