Parts Unknown Region, First Round: (15) Hardy Boys vs. (50) World's Greatest Tag Team

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hardy Boys

• World's Greatest Tag Team

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Parts Unknown Region. It's a standard tag team match held.....uh......somewhere.

survivorpu.jpg

hardyboys.jpg

15. Hardy Boys

Vs.

4_Team_Angle_1_display_image.jpg

50. World's Greatest Tag Team

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

This would have been a fun match. They just missed crossing paths in WWE by about a year or so and I'm sure these two teams could have given us some exciting action. I think this one would be closer than the brackets and likely the voting would suggest but in 2000s WWE The Hardy Boys go over. They are maybe a bit overrated as their consistent losses were overshadowed by their exciting performance but I don't see one of WWE's favorite teams going down to Haas and Benjamin in the first round.

Unfortunately not much to discuss here as the Hardys should take this pretty easily. Not counting the fact that these two teams have actually faced off multiple times (albeit with both teams out of their prime) with WGTT never coming out on the winning side the Hardys popularity in their hay-day wouldn't lead them to losing to Benjamin and Haas.

Unfortunately not much to discuss here as the Hardys should take this pretty easily. Not counting the fact that these two teams have actually faced off multiple times (albeit with both teams out of their prime) with WGTT never coming out on the winning side the Hardys popularity in their hay-day wouldn't lead them to losing to Benjamin and Haas.

I have no memory of these teams wrestling each other. For some reason my memory is a little fuzzy from the mid to late 00s. Do you happen to know what shows they wrestled at? Any PPVs? I guess it probably won't impact my decision if you say the Hardys always won but I'd still like to see the matches just in case it may sway me when it comes time to vote.

I have no memory of these teams wrestling each other. For some reason my memory is a little fuzzy from the mid to late 00s. Do you happen to know what shows they wrestled at? Any PPVs? I guess it probably won't impact my decision if you say the Hardys always won but I'd still like to see the matches just in case it may sway me when it comes time to vote.

One Night Stand 2007. Hardys defended the Tag Titles (successfully) in an awesome Ladder Match.

WGTT was awesome. The Hardys were just better. Arguably one of the most popular tag teams of all time as they were featured prominently during the Attitude Era.

Hardys had the fangirls and the kind of late-teen look. WGTT was excellent in terms of ring ability but the Hardys had a more interesting look and stuck with basically one gimmick during their whole WWE tenure and it was very simple: these two kids are massive fans, Jeff dyes his hair funny colours. But it got VERY over.

The WGTT were one of the top teams for the year or so they were together. Occasional reformations came every so often after that. But the Hardys were a top team for around a decade.

Matt and Jeff had two different styles. Matt, was funnily enough, more of a mat guy, although he could still take it to the top rope when he wanted. Jeff was the high-flyer, the guy who would sacrifice his safety if it meant winning.

All in all I am standing firmly with the Hardy Boyz. From a kayfabe perspective, they have more tag experience. They have a gambling, high risk style but the fans always have their backs to keep them pumped. Vote for the Hardys.

In their primes this would have been a fantastic match. It could have been just as good as the matches between The Hardyz and Edge & Christian.

Haas and Benjamin (especially Shelton) were great athletes, as are Matt and Jeff and the moves that we would have seen would have been phenomenal. However, if we are looking at the better team, you cannot put The WGTT above the Hardyz. Everything Haas and Benjamin achieved, the Hardy Boyz did first and did it better.

They were more entertaining, more popular and more successful. This isn't a knock on WGTT- they were very good and had they remained a team for longer they could have been one of the best ever...but the Hardyz ARE one of the best ever.

Honestly I can't remember a WGTT match off the top of my head. No doubt they're a technically sound team and when they were around arguably some of the greatest technical wrestlers in WWE. But I just can't remember any matches they were in.

On the flip side even if you forget the classics the Hardys had with Edge and Christian and The Dudleys there's still the matches they had against MNM, London & Kendrick heck I fucking remember the matches they had with Cade and Murdoch. And over in TNA they're having great matches with The Wolves and The Dudleys.

The Hardys are just more interesting plain and simple top that off with it's been around 15 years since their debut as a team and people still say they're one of the best teams ever.

Well this is just cruel. The World's Greatest Tag Team were as sound as they come and were pretty much the constant team I looked forward to when I was in my early years of watching wrestling. They had cracking matches with Los Guerreros (and the Tajiri/Eddie team that filled in while Chavo was injured) as well as temporary tandems like Mysterio/Kidman, Benoit/Edge etc... I was genuinely gutted when they were broke up in the 2004 draft.

HOWEVER! thought that might get your attention...

They have come up against probably one of the most exciting bums off seat (spot monkeys etc...) of all time, not to mention a team who beat them when both were on more or less reunion tours in a cracking ladder match. The Hardyz were marquee guys working in a tougher tag scene. They had quality battles with Edge & Christian, the Dudleyz, the APA and so on. Tougher environment and overall longer lasting legacy guides our South Carolina natives through...sadly.

Not much else to say apart from what's already been said.

The Hardy's are one of the greatest ever tag teams, and to be honest, the World's Greatest Tag Team never did it for me, maybe because I mainly saw their later stuff, when they had clearly ran their course as a tag team. They'll be tough to be this tournament because they just worked so efficiently as a team, perhaps helps they are brothers and have been wrestling together/against each other since they were kids.

Plus, Hardy's aren't even in WWE anymore and their still making headlines and having consistent matches.. wished I could say the same about WGTT, I wouldn't even know where they are on the indy scene. The Hardy Boyz legacy lives on forever.

Had these two teams really faced each other in the WWE, you know for a fact they'd have put on classics and traded the tag titles a few times between each other. Now we're forced to do a pick-em...I go with the Hardys as the overall better team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back