• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pain is my specialty. Don't get in my way......"

Mustang Sally

Sells seashells by the seashore
.....is what Luke Harper said to Seth Rollins before teaming with him on the last Smackdown. As far as I remember, that's the longest set of words he's strung together since first showing up in WWE with Bray Wyatt......and the company appears disposed to keep portraying him as crazy as possible.

To me, Harper seems a perfect example of the love affair Vince McMahon is said to have with big guys. He can work a match and appear dangerous, yet if asked to think about Luke Harper and name one thing he does particularly well, I can't come up with anything......his size alone seems to be all he has to recommend him.

What about Luke? Do you wonder why they split him from Bray and Erick Rowan in the first place? Do you think he'd be better off in a team? Do you feel he's destined for eventual stardom.......or will he always be on the midcard, serving to advance the careers of those who face him, while pulling out an occasional win just to keep him viable as a threat?

It was too early to split up the Wyatt family, but I'd rather they not do a reunion as I feel that would be a step back.

Harper's best attribute is that he's athletic and versatile for a big man, even if he's not THAT athletic, THAT versatile or THAT big. I guess this makes him a jack of all stats, but he stands out more because you usually don't see that combo together. He has a pretty good look and can deliver on the mic, but I feel the character is too stuck in the past. His promos aren't that much different than what he'd deliver with Bray and I think he needs new attire.

I'm perfectly fine with him being a solo player, but WWE obviously has no idea how to utilize him right now. This is my issue with the Wyatt breakup. With the Shield, whether it was premature or not, there was a sense of direction surrounding all three of their solo careers- even if they've run out of ideas for Ambrose (and maybe even Reigns, since his championship opportunity was derailed). Harper only stood out when aligning with the Authority, but WWE gave up on him as an IC champion too early. Now he's being paired with Ambrose and I feel that if he wins, he hasn't gained much. If he loses, that's a knock down.

So maybe a new tag team would work? I'd be interested in seeing him with someone like Stardust or hell, a Tag Team involving him and Ambrose might be compelling. Either way, he's got a unique presence, but WWE needs to do something important with him for Harper to matter.

.....is what Luke Harper said to Seth Rollins before teaming with him on the last Smackdown. As far as I remember, that's the longest set of words he's strung together since first showing up in WWE with Bray Wyatt......and the company appears disposed to keep portraying him as crazy as possible.

To me, Harper seems a perfect example of the love affair Vince McMahon is said to have with big guys. He can work a match and appear dangerous, yet if asked to think about Luke Harper and name one thing he does particularly well, I can't come up with anything......his size alone seems to be all he has to recommend him.

What about Luke? Do you wonder why they split him from Bray and Erick Rowan in the first place? Do you think he'd be better off in a team? Do you feel he's destined for eventual stardom.......or will he always be on the midcard, serving to advance the careers of those who face him, while pulling out an occasional win just to keep him viable as a threat?

Yeah he was obviously the most dominant big guy amongst all the members of The Wyatt family. He was brutal and devastating and he was the one intimidating the Wyatt's opponents both in and out of the ring! Without him the Wyatt family would've never been the same.

But they must've split him from the faction just to push him. But for that both Kane and Big Show should retire.. Agh Don't think that I'm personally showing my hatred towards Big Show or Kane. To be honest the creative is so stupid. They would never push anyone as the next Monster until Big Show, Kane and Mark Henry are around.

For me Luke Harper seems to be solid on the mic even if he doesn't talk much. He talks enough for a monsterous guy. His words are strong. The last time when he talked he quoted about the Survivor Series "I'm a team player" which was enough!

Like Harper should be the next monster in WWE! Period!!

I actually like Luke Harper for some reason. He was the standout of the Wyatt's when they were together, and for a big guy he can move pretty quick. Plus he does some moves like throwing himself through the ropes that you wouldn't expect from a guy his size.

Was hoping that they would do more with him, but creative has been lacking in a number of areas with a lot of the superstars. The WWE as a whole has let a number of them down in that department. Harper being one of them. At least he's still getting TV time and hasn't been relegated to the Main Event or Superstars like Swagger has.

Really don't want to see him as part of the Wyatt's again that ship has apparently sailed. It's been kind of a clusterfuck since Mania with injuries and what not, so maybe once they get sorted out, and we get back to normal, some of these guys will get what's coming to them.

Hm, personally I think Luke Harper's defining feature is his ability in the ring. I gotta disagree with the statement that he doesn't do anything particularly well, because to me, he's the best big man in the ring since The Undertaker, bar none (unless I'm forgetting somebody). I don't think he's had a bad match since his debut and he can fly around the ring like a cruiserweight, judging from his suicide dives. He's athletic, agile, quick, strong, and can have a good match with anybody. At least that's my opinion of the guy. He seems to be fairly average at the rest, but he's a solid hand.

I think they split them more for Bray than Harper and Rowan, getting him ready for his Taker feud. I think Harper is going to cut out a very nice niche in the WWE, as I mentioned he's a very solid hand. I can see his career mimicking that of Kane and The Big Show... a long career with a few transitional world title reigns, but never really the man.

I think he's a good worker, and has good size, but what's done is done, and the Wyatt split happened and can't be fixed.

So…now, I think the best thing they could do for Harper is to completely change his look. I'm reminded of a 1993/1994 Marty Jannety. A guy from a tag team coming out with the same persona, in the same clothes, to the same music. Harper's appearance is too similar to Bray Wyatt's, and he really needs to distance himself from that.

I would've said that the Wyatt family should be reunited, but I think at this point that wouldn't serve much purpose as Bray's character has proven to be all talk, and someone who never gets the win in the end, he's been watered down. Rowan is a lost soul, who again without a massive repackaging will likely end up unemployed. I actually believe Harper is the best wrestler of the 3, so they should really try to find something for him. The obvious answer would be to make him Bruiser Brody-esque since he already has that size and look.

He's a great worker, I don't see the big man love affair thing on Harper. He doesn't have that that stereotypical physique. He's clearly a student of the craft, he's not there for a paycheque. He moves like a Cruiserweight. Someone else made the Undertaker comparison, I see it a bit but there's really no comparison to the deadman. Harper's skill is going to keep him around for a long time and developing a personality is what's going to get him over, his skill is already there.

A lot of people calling for a Wyatt Family reunion, at least between Harper and Rowan. While it would be excellent for Rowan, who's failing to connect with fans as hard as New Day, it would just be a weight around Harper's neck to possible albatross proportions. I would put Harper and Rowan back together, but make Rowan Harper's lackey. Rowan keeps the mask on and helps his boss win matches. It's all about the Harper singles push, the occasional tag match would be ok, but Rowan serves Harper in that scenario.

The split has happened, undoing it is a step in the wrong direction for Harper. I wouldn't mind Rowan back with Wyatt. WWE is in need of heels with genuine heat, and I feel Harper can be that guy. You can't stick him in tights, he needs to keep the swamp rat look, even if it's close to Wyatt, if only because changing wouldn't be organic. You can't change his roots.

Is he the next Undertaker? Probably not. Comparison between rising talent to other talent is broken logic that can never be fully justified. I see Harper as a go to guy that can put on decent matches with most opponents, and amazing matches with the right opponent. Physically he is imposing and talented enough to receive a push, but the onus is on Harper to developer his character and connect with fans.

Personally I think they should put Harper and Rowan back with Bray, who like I've said time and time again is a cult leader without followers.

Have Harper and Rowan wrestle as both a team and in singles. They haven't changed a single thing about Harper since they broke up the Wyatt's, which is my opinion was done far too early- they hadn't even won the tag team titles, there was no need to split the team up. At the moment Luke just seems directionless as dows Rowan so having them working together would likely be the best for both- they could still wrestle for singles titles as well as as a duo.

I really rate Harper in the ring. He's so athletic for his size, has the intensity and moveset to have a really solid career in the WWE, but if the company isn't focusing on him as a singles guy right now then reuniting with Rowan to make another charge at the tag-team titles would be the way to go.

Honestly, the more I think about it, all signs start pointing in the same direction for me whenever Bray Wyatt or the Wyatt Family comes up. All three members have been pretty directionless since their feud with John Cena ended and its starting to feel like all three are a missed opportunity for WWE. The fix could be easy but would require creative to get behind them with a solid storyline. What I would do is reform the Wyatt Family, turn them face and have them feud with the Authority.

Think about it. Wyatt is all about bringing down the machine and what bigger machine is there in WWE but the company itself? Have him go after Rollins but get beaten down with the numbers game, causing him to reactivate Rowan & Harper as his minions. Wyatt could feud with Triple H heading in to Summerslam and Rollins heading towards 2016. In the meantime Harper and Rowan could be positioned as WWE's next big monsters by having them face off against Kane and Big Show in singles and tag matches, perfect way to position them as the next, best big men in the business.

Ideally, given how their Singles booking has gone, the Wyatt family should have been kept together, and I do think there is chance for that still to happen, although I do wonder if they broke them up because they'd manage to get more heat and overness than the Authority.

As for Harper as a Singles guy... he strikes me as being in the Kane/Big Show mold, in that he is a huge guy who has his unique abilities but will probly rise to a transitional World title reign at some point however, he will mostly be an obstacle for those guys looking to get momentum on their way to the top.

Rowan seems to have not convinced the Higher Ups that he can do the same job, and thus the plug seems to have been pulled from his push, but Harper seems more than safe at this point and that Quote in the title sums up what his role will be going forward... a Guy who just likes to stalk and beat people up just for the hell of it, basically. If pushed, I'd say he is being built as the "new Kane".

I actually really like Harper. He has a really cool moveset for a big guy, looks super intimidating and is generally a really solid worker.

Harper has actually spoken a good bit since he debuted. It's been overshadowed by Bray's rambling, but he did speak a number of times and it was always pretty good IMO.

As others have said, his distinct moveset for a big man sets him apart from most other big guys. His suicide dive is flawless. His big boot is impactful. His power bomb is great, and he even does top rope german suplexes. He's definitely not your typical big guy. He's got his character down pat too. If he wasn't already 35, I could see him being a major player. But since he is, I think he'll be used to put other people over mostly, and I'm not mad at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back