• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paige VS Alundra Blayze for the Womens title

GeTiTT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Over the weekend there has been "shots fired" from Alundra to Paige and Paige retaliating. Is there a possibility that this feud can actually take place??

Over the past couple months Paige has been very vocal about wanting to bring back the Women's Title to WWE in several interviews and even the Stone Cold podcast. Alundra stating that she still is the Women's Champion and has yet to be defeated makes me believe that if the match between Paige and Alundra actually happens it can be for the "Trashed" Women's Title!

Do you think this match will take place?

If so when? (PPV)

Do we see the Women's title being brought back to the WWE?

Will it merge with the Diva's title or will we have 2 seperate divisions?

Meh, I doubt it'll happen or that anything could come of it. Alundra Blayze, Madusa or whatever you wanna call her hasn't been in WWE for 20 years and her time in WCW was nothing more than a tragic joke.

I don't know that there'd be a lot of interest from fans because a great deal of them have little to no idea who she is. From about 1986 to about 1996, she was genuinely among the top female wrestlers in the world. After she jumped ship to WCW, she spent the rest of her career as little more than a joke; to show how little regard WCW had for the Cruiserweight Championship, they had Madusa carry it around for a month in very late 1999.

To me, it'd be like the whole thing with Sting winning the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at age 56, only substituting Alundra/Madusa at age 51 for Sting, but without the star power. In this case, Paige would either lose to a 51 year old woman who hasn't wrestled in WWE since the mid 90s & who many aren't too familiar with or Paige beats up a 51 year old woman who hasn't wrestled in WWE since the mid 90s & who many fans aren't too familiar with.

Paige vs Charolette looks to be an upcoming feud for the Diva's title. Now, if Paige wins the title from Charolette, I could see a one shot match with Blayze on a PPV just to draw a little more attention, bring eyes to the video game DLC, etc. If Paige isn't the champion, maybe it could still be a grudge match, but that's it.

The furthest I could stretch this in my mind is: Paige loses to Charolette, then challenges Blayze for the "trashed" Women's title, beats her for the title, and goes on to gloat that she's the "real" Women's champion, better than the Diva's champion, etc...

That's really a stretch though, and would I care to see it? Not really. The Diva's title has only improved in status over the last year, and to add another title into the division as a competitor would only hinder the progression of this "revolution". So, as a short PPV feud, sure, go for it, but not for a retired title.

Is this a match anybody wants to see? People don't care about Alundra Blayze anymore and they sure as hell don't care about Paige... The Womans Title should be brought back just to satisfy all you marks.. I personally don't give a damn because it's just an irrelevant title.

Vince loves his Divas for the T&A and has the tv show so that's not changing but just as an angle between Madusa and Paige or until some beats her since she never lost the belt but I don't see the women's title coming back.

WWE will never want to bring back the Women's title till Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon are around. They strongly support the Total Divas show and do all they can to bring some of storyline from the Show onto the Main Roster. They wouldn't want people to remember the Women's title. And like Jack Hammer said, it'll be an asinine idea of bringing back a 51 year old, irrelevant, Once-Shone star to the title scene to battle with the best in the Diva's division.

But I do assume that, WWE might want to make Paige look like a revolutionary psychic untrustable girl in the locker room. I don't why WWE fancy that idea because every diva in the locker room were probably psychic and untrustable at times.

Cheers!!

I don't think we'll be seeing The Women's Title come back any time soon- WWE are strongly behind the Total Divas show, and even with the "Revolution" we've heard so much about, they are going to be sticking with the name "Divas" for the time being I'd expect.

Now, if Paige becomes the Divas Champion, I could see a one-off match against Alundra Blayze/Madusa, just as a way of someone "finally defeating her" as she's technically never been beaten for the old Women's belt she threw in the garbage on Nitro. If she can still go, then I think it would be good to see different generations collide in the ring.

However, it's probably just a bit of publicity for WWE 2K16, as Paige v Alundra Blayze is one of the matches on the Showcase DLC.

I feel they barely have enough female personnel to maintain one division, much less two. It doesn't really matter what they call the title.....if the company is able to make it mean more than it did in the past......when the title belt was passed from diva to diva..... they'll be on the right path.

Alundra vs. Paige? An interesting match-up, I suppose.....but if Paige is the champion when (and if) they meet, I certainly hope they don't have Blayze winning the belt.

It's nice (I suppose) that Madusa picked the women's belt back out of the garbage, but the act hardly restored her luster, imo. If she wants to fight one of today's divas, let her do it for nostalgia sake......and nothing more.
Having a 51-year-old woman come in and show she's superior to any of today's gals would send a rotten message, don't you think?

I think this only works in a scenario where WWE brings back the Women's Championship and finally trashes the butterfly belt. Blayze comes out with the belt, talks about how she's the "real" women's champion, etc. etc. and they feud. Other than that, I see no reason for why Alundra Blayze and Paige would ever happen. I believe this is all about Blayze trying to work her way back into the WWE again, but I doubt they'll bite. There is just no money in Blaze/Paige in my opinion.

Anyway there are others waiting in the wings that are much more deserving. Sasha, Becky, and if Paige ends up winning, they have Nattie as a strong option. Would be a fun match and program I guess if WWE just let them go off, but it just doesn't make enough sense. I'd be more open to Blayze playing sidekick/manager to Paige after christening her as Women's Champion. Still doesn't make sense though.

Six months ago, I would have read this, spit coffee all over my monitor, and left without replying because I would be unable to control my keyboard through spasms of laughter.

Bringing back Alundra Blayze, on the surface, sounds ridiculous, but think a little deeper; hasn't the WWE been doing this with their men for a few years now? Bringing back a fan favorite from years past, and give them a run of a few months to put over the current talent? From that frame of reference, the idea doesn't sound insane.... it almost actually sounds..... good. In the world of things where every woman who has ever professionally wrestled is just begging for that call back from Stamford (not the world we live in), Alundra Blayze isn't the first choice in this role, but she's a perfectly adequate one.

Should this be an actual thing instead of a Twitter relevance battle, I have complete faith in the ability of the RAW writing staff to fuck this up completely.

I just feel like Vince would push Trish, Lita or Sable for a Woman vs Diva story, Alundra is about the 6th name on my list, and I wouldn't even consider that if I hadnt seen her popping up around the WWE Network shows so much lately (I remember her literally trashing the Woman's Title, and subsequently, her Career in WCW)

Oh, for cryin outloud, again, its just a work to promote freakin game.

[youtube]kyibdDxxUm8[/youtube]

0,38 sec and few seconds after...

Over the weekend there has been "shots fired" from Alundra to Paige and Paige retaliating. Is there a possibility that this feud can actually take place??

Over the past couple months Paige has been very vocal about wanting to bring back the Women's Title to WWE in several interviews and even the Stone Cold podcast. Alundra stating that she still is the Women's Champion and has yet to be defeated makes me believe that if the match between Paige and Alundra actually happens it can be for the "Trashed" Women's Title!

Do you think this match will take place?

If so when? (PPV)

Do we see the Women's title being brought back to the WWE?

I don't think so. Alunda isn't relevant in mainstream culture. If any woman who isn't an active wrestler deserves a title shot, it should be Ronda Rousey.

I don't see the Women's title being brought back, it served it's purpose.

I don't think so. Alunda isn't relevant in mainstream culture. If any woman who isn't an active wrestler deserves a title shot, it should be Ronda Rousey.

I don't see the Women's title being brought back, it served it's purpose.

STHU seriously Rhonda Rousey is in UFC she ain't going anywhere
If anyone deserves the title I would say Lita comes out of retirement and challenge Charlotte for the Heavyweight Title and Paige

No, Alundra Blayze is 51 years old. I seriously doubt she can still go.

Besides, WWE has Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, Nikki, and so many other younger and better options.

She is a WWE hall of famer, why in god's name would she come back now to "put over Paige"?

Like the most over women's wrestler in the fed at the moment needs a feud with a female Sting because that's all it would be. If you want to bring back Madusa, at least use her in a way to put over someone who's stalled (Becky) and not derail the title push of Paige(who, if she doesn't win by WM, well fuck your revolution.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back