Original Wrestling/Fighting Federations?

PsxMeUP

Dark Match Jobber
In a recent interview Eric Bischoff said he wouldn't be part of a new wrestling federation unless it offered something fresh and original. Well that got me thinking. What represents a fresh and original wrestling federation? Change the rules? Change the ring? Change the way stories are portrayed? Change the way matches are booked? All those changes are subject to the realities of wrestling that make those changes impossible, except the ring, but even there you are limited somewhat.

I for one always like Blood Sport type movies, even the crappy ones (and by definition that includes all movies of that genre cause they're all crappy). I like the UFC but it lacks some of that "drama". Most matches are really boring. So why not create a "fake" UFC type of federation? Keep the wrestling ring but introductions should point out the fighting style and country of origin, so it wouldn't be strictly wrestling. Matches would often play out like Rocky or Van Damme movies. Sure, it would require a lot of retraining of talent and you'd need guys that actually know various fighting styles like kung-fu, taekwondo, sambo, kickboxing, etc, but it would be something new and original.

Anyway, just throwing some ideas around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back