• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Original or New

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Over the course of Music History there has been a string of Bands that have changed lead singer. creating the inevitable debate what version of a band is better. There are many examples of this and I will list a few now.

• Van Halen=David Lee Roth Vs. Sammy Hagar
  • Genesis=Peter Gabriel Vs. Phil Collins
  • Iron Maiden=Paul D'Anno Vs. Bruce Dickenson Vs. Blaze Bayley
  • Pink Floyd=Syd Barrett Vs. David Gilmour
  • AC/DC=Bon Scott Vs. Brian Johnson
  • Black Sabbath=Ozzy Osbourne Vs. Ronnie James Dio

I Know there are more like, Black Flag, Faith No More, Nightwish and Kamelot. But the question I put to you is, who do you prefer. The Original Front man/Vocalist. or the newer guy?

Most of the time the original is the best. In most of the bands you listed there the original is the best. The only one that isn't the original I like is Iron Maiden. I think Bruce Dickenson is one of the best frontmen of all time, and I'd take him over the others. Other than that, I enjoy the originals more.

well when it comes to genesis, i rather loved gabriels work as a solo artist, and phil collins stint as the lead singer gave himself and genesis a well needed boost IMO, in regards to the other bands you stated there careers usually catched on fire when the former lead was replaced so i would say the second

This is in general not in specifics. I gave specifics as examples of what I am meaning. I know this is a very heated debate in fans. Especially in the case of Genesis with Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins. People usually have a preference. Not so much with Iron Maiden since we all know Blaze comes in at 3, but people still argue that D'Anno is a better guy for being in charge of Maiden's vocals despite the fact that Bruce Dickinson is a better singer and stage performer than D'Anno.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back