• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ordering PPV.... Worth it?

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
I have now watched the last few ppv online, and I found the quality good, obviously not as good as buying it. How ever if ppl do order it how is it worth 50$. I dont believe they no longer put together a card for 50$. To sum up do you guys think they are worth ordering anymore?

It depends on how into the matches or storylines they have that you are in, what WWE is hoping is to arouse interest in WWE fans everywhere into parting with their money for a PPV, sometimes it doesn't always work out though, sometimes fewer people watch the same PPV less then a year previously, other times, like at Wrestlemania, they have more then the previous year, its all about generating interest in their products

A group of friends and I have gotten every WWE and TNA ppv this year, starting with Genesis. Yea, there are some bad ppvs, but with a group of us getting them it only costs each of us $6-$10 depends on how many people we have. Plus, we play amazing drinking games. So even if the ppv sucks, we are still having a great time.

Yes, the free live streams aren't as good quality, but there are some people who upload the PPV on YouTube, file sharing website or some live stream sites that put 'replays' in higher quality; not that I condone it. I guess it comes down on whether you wanna support the company or not.

Normally, I only order the Big 3 from the WWE; RR, WM & SS. With the occasional One Night Stand or Extreme Rules (Always great undercard match) The rest of the year its not worth it. You can catch the highlights on the web via wrestlezone or youtube.

TNA is another story, I have only purchased one TNA PPV ever and I was totally blown away, for the 34.00 to order it, watch in HD and see much better in-ring wrestling than the WWE. But then again, its been one of those years where I just cant justify ordering PPV every month.

AND FOR THE RECORD:
Who out there thinks WWE in-ring abilites are better then TNA? I want to start a thread but do not know how. TNA blows WWE out of the water every week, with the wrestling abilities. Im not saying that the show is any better, I am saying the athletes are better. Or atleast most of them.

I think it really comes down to two things:

1) Are you watching it with others? Because, I know for me, there's no way in hell I'm shelling out $50 for a 3 hour show by myself. If you can get friends together and get the cost split somehow, then I think it is definitely worth the price because regardless of whether the show bombs or not, you are in the company of others and can have a good time regardless of how the show performs.

2) Can you wait? To me, this is the biggest determination of whether to get a PPV or not. To be honest, I've only gotten three PPVs in the last 12 months. For me, it's economics. If I'm wanting to watch the show by myself, the show has to have a solid lineup and enough build to get me to hit the buttons on my remote. Otherwise, in a month or so, WWE releases their PPV DVDs at a rough cost of about $15 if you get them at Wal-Mart. You could also rent them at your local rental stores just to watch the show at a lower cost. So, for me, it often comes down to this question: Is having the immediate satisfaction of watching the show at $50 worth not waiting a month and get the show at $15? More often than not, I find WWE and TNA PPV's do not fit this criteria for myself personally. But if you have several wrestling friends you want to invite, cut the cost, and have a good time watching the show, I say go for it.

They're up on demonoid a few hours after, but I like to watch the streams because I like participating in the forums' LDs. I just don't have enough money to spend on PPVs, especially when they were as disappointing as last night's.

I agree what a couple other guys have said. Its really not worth the $50 if you are just watching it by yourself, but if you can get like 5 or 10 guys together and watch it then they are usually worth it just for the fact that its you and friends watching 3 hours of wrestling. My friends and I ordered Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, and WM 26 this year and we ordered Royal Rumble and WM 25 last year and we usually paid $10 or a little less each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back