Opinion of Methadone??

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
I don't know if any of you remember or not, but I've talked on this forum before of my back injury and of my chronic back pain making me dependant upon opiod pain killers.

Almost a year ago, I was able to have surgery that corrected my back and my hand and honestly, physically, I've never felt better. It's amazing what doctors can do with a knife. Anyways, after the surgery I still required the pain killers because I had just had surgery on my back. Now, however, I'm more than 7 months removed from physical therapy and I can't stop with pain killers. My Dr. tried the taper method. He lowered my dosage until he thought I could quit, but what he didn't know was that I was scoring more pills on the street. I had been on the pain killers for almost 9 years, so one can imagine how I'm addicted to them. Honestly I never took them for kicks. It was always about pain, however, my body needs them.

I've tried just quitting cold turkey and I actually made it through the withdrawals, however, I continue to crave them uncontrollably. A friend of mine had the same problem and he went on a methadone maintenance program which is a 9 month program and he's been clean for almost 2 years. So I'm looking into to trying that. I just want to know if any memebers of this forum have ever had methadone and what they think about it and does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back