OnLive gaming

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
So I was watching videos on Youtube for the new MW3 and the GR:FS games coming out (both of which I will be getting) and for every advertisement that went on, I kept seeing this "OnLive" ad that kept saying "the future of gaming"... and as a gamer, it peaked my curiosity.

So with this new interest I began to research both their website and youtube to find out more, and what I found actually made me interested.

OnLive is a game streamer that is free to sign up for and use on your computer. All you pay for, is the game you want... but before you pay for them, there are free trials that you can set up to see if you'd be interested in the game. And believe me, these aren't some cookie cutter games either. They've got games like Dirt 3, Red Faction Redemption, Assassins Creed (I believe all of them), Borderlands, Home Front, and are even getting Batman Arkham City and Saints Row the third.

Of course, the prices of these games range from 15-40 USD but these prices are a one time fee per game that allows you to keep the game for good.

Not good with PC Gaming control schemes? Well they've got a 100 USD streaming console that comes with two controllers, and plugs in through your ethernet cable and your tv. From my understanding, the controllers DO support headsets or you can plug your headsets into the computer your console is plugged into and use that function.

---

Anyway, after I did all the research, I actually downloaded the software for the computer app and from there I set up a free gamertag (available in its respective post). As I was cycling through the games and playing a few of the free trials, I realized that this really was the future of gaming and if more people got on board, maybe we could see more big name titles like Call of Duty and GR:FS on the new OnLive set up.

I will say, however, that if you have an ancient or over stuffed computer, then you probably won't be able to run the OnLive program. Either way, I suggest that everyone check it out because it's really worth it.

And for those who do have it, what are your thoughts on it?

Personally I am tired of having this rental fad that has been going on to slow down. Prices for games like Saints Row: The Third to rent to be between $15 to $40 is just plain unacceptable. For $60 I can simply buy said game and keep for as long as I like. However places like Gamefly and Blockbuster have majorly cut down their prices for their game rentals. For instance, I have just rented Dues Ex:Human Revolution for my Xbox for about $7, best part is that I get to keep it all the way to November.

OnLive sounds like a neat idea, but they're 5 years to late to make any major money in a product that is currently being dominated by more popular and cheaper choices like Gamefly and Blockbuster.

Personally I am tired of having this rental fad that has been going on to slow down. Prices for games like Saints Row: The Third to rent to be between $15 to $40 is just plain unacceptable. For $60 I can simply buy said game and keep for as long as I like. However places like Gamefly and Blockbuster have majorly cut down their prices for their game rentals. For instance, I have just rented Dues Ex:Human Revolution for my Xbox for about $7, best part is that I get to keep it all the way to November.

The renting price isn't 15-40, that's the price to pay to have the game for good. The renting prices range between 3.99 and 5.99, depending on the game title or how long you want to have the game for. So paying 40 bucks to have Saints Row the third as opposed to sixty, all because of a 20 extra dollars for a disk, sounds like a deal to me.

OnLive sounds like a neat idea, but they're 5 years to late to make any major money in a product that is currently being dominated by more popular and cheaper choices like Gamefly and Blockbuster.

With Xbox 360 and PS3 looking to get into the "cloud gaming" phase, I'd say that OnLive is ahead of everybody. Sure you have to pay fees to either rent or buy the games, but really that's how you have always gotten your game anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back