One more match

Status
Not open for further replies.

mykeymayhem

Dark Match Winner
If Shawn Michaels were to have one more match who would it be against?
What would the stipulation be should it be a ladder match?

I think it should be the rock and yes a ladder match at wrestlemania.
It would be a dream match that has never happened and to me is the only missing peice of the attitude era.

If Shawn Michaels were to have "one more match", it would have to be at Wrestlemania, but it shouldn't be a ladder match. He may have brought the match into the WWF, but it's not "his thing". Shawn Michaels is a master of the ring, and he doesn't need a gimmick to put on the best match of the night. As for his opponent... I can't think of anybody the Showstopper hasn't made famous or taken to a new level of immortality, but if he was going to go one more time at WrestleMania, the idea of a Rock/HBK match is intriguing. You can run the same "I'm the best wrestler of all time" promo he ran with Triple H, and you sure don't have to worry about whether it will sell or not. Part of me would like to see him put over a rising star like Alberto del Rio or Sheamus, but to do that you would need a heel on a huge streak. Maybe make Sheamus get his groove back and run through all the talent in the WWE like he was last year, until HBK comes back to make the save... It may not sell as well as a main event spot with the Rock, but a classic with Mr. WrestleMania would take anybody to a new level of main event status.

Shawn Michaels has gone on record stating his final match was his match with the Undertaker at WM26. He is retired, and has no interest in wrestling again, because he doesn't want to be put in that same classification as Hogan and Flair, who should of hung up their boots years ago.

Shawn's match with the Undertake at WM26 should be remembered as his last.

You know it really bugs me when people come out here and bash the OPs with their stupid comments, "shawn michaels said his last match was at wm26 with The Undertaker" ummm.... Yeah no shit! This thread is simply hypothetical, IF shawn were to have one more match. No need for smartasses to come out here and remind everybody that SM is retired. We know that! I'm sure the OP knows it too. So either answer the question or don't comment. You're not smarter than everyone else because you post that shawn is retired. So, now, to answer your question, I would have to agree that it should be a young superstar. Someone that can be put over and benefit from beating ol hbk. Alberto Del Rio is my pick. I also agree he would have to be on a roll as a heel and seen as a real threat to shawn michaels. They both have excellent mic skills, ADR has the right attitud, the ring skills, so yeah that's my pick.

You know it really bugs me when people come out here and bash the OPs with their stupid comments, "shawn michaels said his last match was at wm26 with The Undertaker" ummm.... Yeah no shit! This thread is simply hypothetical, IF shawn were to have one more match. No need for smartasses to come out here and remind everybody that SM is retired. We know that! I'm sure the OP knows it too. So either answer the question or don't comment. You're not smarter than everyone else because you post that shawn is retired. So, now, to answer your question, I would have to agree that it should be a young superstar. Someone that can be put over and benefit from beating ol hbk. Alberto Del Rio is my pick. I also agree he would have to be on a roll as a heel and seen as a real threat to shawn michaels. They both have excellent mic skills, ADR has the right attitud, the ring skills, so yeah that's my pick.

1. Learn how to use the quote feature the site offers.
2. Stating facts doesn't make me a smart ass, it only goes to show that I pay attention. Theres no need for the same thread to pop up every six months so people can have wet dreams over something that will never happen.
3. Whats the point in HBK coming back out of retirement to lose a match to a younger superstar to put them over? He's proven that he was the best when he went out, why come back and tarnish that image?

Not Del Rio or any other Superstar should have the right to face off against HBK, if they wanted to work/wrestle him so bad they should of thought of a program or story while he was still active. Jericho managed to do it several times, and we got several great HBK vs Jericho matches and story lines. HBK wanted out to spend with is family, to recover from all the years on the road, and to be completely done with the business.

So hypothetically speaking, if less people posting in this forums were complete ******s and didn't post the same threads ever few months, someone wouldn't have to point them out and explain why they are fucking ******ed for constantly bringing these things up. Right?

I say relax and just post something about the thread. If not, then no need to post anything. No big deal. But my answer would be The Rock. It'll always boggle my mind why 1. They just let it go that HBK super kicked Rock @ smackdown for HHH to get the victory & 2. They never had a feud. These 2 would be pure genius on the mic and in the ring. The Rock was always good in the ring and HBK is well...HBK. it would be pure magic and one of the last great feuds to never happen.

1. Learn how to use the quote feature the site offers.
2. Stating facts doesn't make me a smart ass, it only goes to show that I pay attention. Theres no need for the same thread to pop up every six months so people can have wet dreams over something that will never happen.
3. Whats the point in HBK coming back out of retirement to lose a match to a younger superstar to put them over? He's proven that he was the best when he went out, why come back and tarnish that image?

Not Del Rio or any other Superstar should have the right to face off against HBK, if they wanted to work/wrestle him so bad they should of thought of a program or story while he was still active. Jericho managed to do it several times, and we got several great HBK vs Jericho matches and story lines. HBK wanted out to spend with is family, to recover from all the years on the road, and to be completely done with the business.

So hypothetically speaking, if less people posting in this forums were complete ******s and didn't post the same threads ever few months, someone wouldn't have to point them out and explain why they are fucking ******ed for constantly bringing these things up. Right?

1. I know how to use the quote feature.
2. I completely agree, there is absolutely no need for Shawn Michaels to comeback. I'm glad he's happy and I'm glad he was given a 2nd opportunity to come back and compete from 2002 - 2010. Some of his most memorable matches are in that timeframe and coming back would tarnish his legacy. The last thing we need is another Ric Flair running around the ring. I was simply answering the "IF" question. But, yes, you're right. Shawn shouldn't need to come back anymore.

I agree that if HBK came back for one more match, it should take place at Wrestlemania. But would I want that match with del Rio, heck no. Come on people, we are talking dream matches. That means, if they are still alive, who would be the best choice to stand across the ring from HBK. I would love to see Sting and HBK face each other at Mania. I know Sting has never come to terms with the WWE, but this is a "dream match" scenario. Two legends of the sport, no matter what the Vince says, Sting is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, top 20 in my book.

I've seen too many of these threads. How many times do we need another "one more match" for HBK? After that "one more match" we'd want to have him be in ANOTHER one.

Look what happened after Hogan's "one more match".

But for argument's sake, it will be HBK vs Daniel Bryan for 30 minutes and just let them go at it.

I've always been a fan of HBK. There probably not only won't be "one more match", there really shouldn't be "one more match". There's nobody left to really give HBK that last epic encounter. HBK went out while he was still a fantastic all around professional wrestler and I'd personally love to remember him that way. I want to remember Shawn Michaels as a great wrestler, arguably the overall greatest of them all, rather than have him desperately cling to the spotlight whereby he transforms into little more than a pathetic shell of himself like so many others.

Shawn Michaels already had that "one last match" moment at WM 26 against The Undertaker. It was a classic match, it was a legit clash between two respected legends, it was a big money match, it wowed people and has to be considered a leading contender for match of the decade.

It'll be nice to see HBK pop up now and again for an occassional appearance but the man's retired with dignity and, personally, I hope it stays that way because there's nothing left for him to do or to prove.

IF Shawn was going to have one more match, it has to be against Rock... no question but it has to happen soon... Imagine WWE's doomsday scenario... Cena goes down hurt before WM next year? Do you really think Shawn wouldn't do it? Of course he would but he could justify it by saying it was the right thing for the business... guys like Flair it's the right thing for them to comeback...

My personal choice for an opponent would be Wade Barrett... their mic duels would be excellent and Shawn doing the job for a future star at WM would be key in making Barrett... most don't like the guy but he is closest in a long time to a natural WWE main eventer he just needs the rub... and Shawn would rub him the right way for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back