Old War Movie Discussion

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Why am I making a thread on old war movies? Because I'm talking to a friend about a class we had in high school, involving these two books/movies. I want to know which you think is better, between the films obviously.

In my opinion, it'd be Bridge On The River Kwai. They were both really good books, but this movie was a far better storyteller. The fighting in ...Western Front was better, but it didn't translate from the book as well. I can't even go by which movie had the better cast, as I frankly can't remember anyone's names from either.

Renaming this old war movies, more to discuss than just Bridge over the River Kwai and All Quiet on the Western Front.

Add to this list of old War movies something like "The Guns of Navarone" and "The Longest Day" as two of the greatest War movies ever. 'Bataan" is awesome in its own way. As is Battle of the Bulge. There are just so many old war movies that are great, and now you get shit like Pearl Harbour, that incident was already covered better with Tora, Tora, Tora. I am also looking forward to seeing the remake of The Dambusters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back