Old School Games: Company

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
You have some of the boys and bitches over. Typical Saturday night, with nothing to do. No one wants to go out. No one has any idea for a movie to watch. Too tired to haven an orgy. What to do?

"Hey, what is that grey thing under your TV? Behind those boring board games?"

"Oh that, that is my NES!"

"Whoa, you mean regular nintendo?"

"Yeah mate, I have dozens of games for it"

"Let's play!"

Now you think to yourself. Which game shall you all play? You have the NES out, Sega in the attic, SNES in your bedroom, and Atari in your garage. You have every decent game known to man. Which game are you going to blow on, and slide into that pandora's box?

My choice. Super Mario Bros. 3. The game is long, the game is not repetitive, and the game is great for a group of people. Two player option, meaning you and your friends can easily take turns fighting in the desert, in the water, on ice, in the clouds, against giants, while smoking your pipe, and as the sun comes out, into dark land.

The game is relatively long without aid of the warp whistlers. the game offers challenging levels, and extremely fun levels. Not overly hard, so even your female friends can play (Oh no! TM is sexist), but nah, I am just kidding, though lets see... TM, Wes, Ross, Robyn, Brittaney, Kim... Yep, girls come in last.

So what is your old school game of choice for you and your friends?

Reactions: Lee
Firstly shame on you for having your NES hidden away :p

Now we have a look at my range and what games we'd play

Master System
would simply be Alex the Kidd, the other games I have for it don't work well for people who've never played them.

NES would easily be SMB1 or 3 for the reasons listed above by TM.

SNES Would either be SMKArt as it's a damn fun game to play to this day or Street Fighter II another fighting classic that stills have everything going for it.

MegaDrive(Genesis) Would either be Sonic the Hedgehog 2 which is a true platforming classic or it would be one of the retro footy games like FIFA 96 where Newcastle are actually good on it.

N64
As voted by you guys as the greatest game ever that would be Goldeneye, four player mode at 3am is damn fun. Maybe play SMK64 or SM64 both are great too but SM64's more take your turn type of thing.

I won't include the 6th gen consoles as they're not old school in my opinion.

There was a period of about one month in the summer when all my friends did was come over to play N64 at my house. We played hours of intense games of NBA Hangtime, and we eventually moved on when we played that to its limits. We moved onto the original Super Smash Bros., which in my opinion is the best one of the series. Surprisingly, Pokemon Stadium 2 was a source of much fun for our group. We probably played this one the most, usually just playing the mini-games. We had intense tournaments, which almost every time saw me coming out on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back