• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ohno or Rollins!?

anvilx8

Pre-Show Stalwart
For those of us with the benefit of watching NXT, each week we're seeing the rising stars which are Rollins and Ohno (or for us ROH fans.. Black and Hero!). But I'm curious as to who everyone thinks will have greater success in WWE...

Ohno in great in the ring, and he's consistenly improving on the mic with each week (IMO). I like his gimmick right now and think it has lots of room for growth.

Rollins is ofcourse the NXT champ and is being built up to be the "next big thing" as far as young talent goes. His in-ring stuff is as good or better than Ohno's. I'd say he's a little behind Ohno on the mic, but he's getting better aswell. And with his current gimmick, I think it leaves a lot of room for a future heel turn!

If I had to choose ONE... I'm gonna lean towards Rollins by a cunt hair. But it' damn close in my eyes!

Everyone else, what u think!?

I personally want to see Ohno moved up just for the slim chance of the Kings of Wrestling ( one can dream) But Rollins will be the next big thing. It's obvious the WWE Brass see potential in him and rightfully so, hes very good. He hopefully should be built up to become an upper-midcarder, he would fit the intercontinental title well. So I think Rollins will have better success in WWE, mainly because Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon Says so, Dammit.

If I just had to pick one...hmmm...then I'd probably go for Seth Rollins. Rollins has something of a CM Punk vibe going on with him. He's not a clone of Punk, but there are distinct similarities between them.

Ohno is a guy I've enjoyed in NXT. I like his character, I like him in the ring and I like him on the mic. The only thing about Ohno that sort of turns me off is his look. Ohno is someone that, in my opinion, needs to hit the gym and get toned up. Ohno has the body of some low end indy wrestler that's just starting in the business. He's not fat but he's not got any muscle either. He's not out of shape but he's not got any muscle tone to speak of either. It's just a weird "skinny fat" type of build that Ohno has. Don't get me wrong, he's a damn good worker from what I've seen and his look doesn't undermine that in my eyes. However if some people have a problem with Punk's look, then they'll bitch to the heavens about Ohno.

According to @WWESpy on twitter WWE creative have high expectations for Rollins, rumour has it they are thinking about him winning the Rumble and facing either Sheamus or Orton at Wrestlemania for the WHC. I never believe such rumours but it wouldn't surprise me. I think Rollins is a future superstar but Ohno could also be a great mid-carder on the main roster. Out of the two I'm going for Rollins

Rollins. Not just because he's like my 3rd favorite wrestler at the moment but I've seen some NXT matches of him and he's very impressive. He is the current champion but I still believe he needs a little more time to tone his skills before getting called up. Now I don't think ohno is a terrible wrestler, but I just don't see him having the same level of success as rollins will

I'm personally a fan of Chris Hero since the ROH days. He's got a unique style to him and his matches have always been good. The guy can go technically and do power moves. He would be perfect for the Tag Team of Antonio Cesaro and Kassius Ohno. I really hope the WWE recognizes them as a unit and pushes them for the Tag Team Championship. Perhaps they can set the record in recent history for longest title reign. Kassius is good on the mic and even better in the ring. He has a similar look to CM Punk in terms of body structure, but that has never deterred his overall value. Hell, I want to see him face CM Punk in the WWE and even Daniel Bryan. There is so much potential for 'match of the year' candidates right there.

Tyler Black is obviously the next big star and since the WWE wants a guy still in his 20's, this is the guy that can possibly elevate the WWE for the next generation. Seth is very fluid in the ring and uses distinct offence. I loved his work with Roderick Strong in ROH. For such a young guy, he soared high with success in ROH, so I want to expect similar things in the WWE. Of course, it might take a lot of time to launch his debut since they really need to pick out unnecessary liabilities on their current program/roster. Whatever the case is, I can't wait and I do hope it's sometime late this year.

I love seeing both of these guys on NXT, that is a really good wrestling show. Ohno is great on the mike, and his style would work well smaller and big guys so if WWE lets him do his thing as it appears they're doing I think he'll have a very bright and interesting career. I think I have to go with Rollins edging him out in a brighter career. Rollins has that little spark, that X factor, that makes him stand out amongst other wrestlers. There's something interesting about him, you want to see what this guy is about. I think that will help him gain more titles and popularity as he works his way up WWE.

They're both damn good, and it'll be great seeing them brought up to the bigs. As I've said before, Rollins needs to improve on the mic, and the Blackout is a botch magnet that doesn't look impressive even when it does works; the WTF move that he used to beat McGillicutty last week was much better. However, every other thing about this guy says "star". He has the "it" factor. If he improves his mic work a little more, there's no limits to how high he can climb.

It took Ohno two weeks to sell me on his name and get comfortable doing the WWE style, but since then, he's been fantastic. Ohno's going to be ready very soon; he's already a stronger heel than most of the ones on the main roster, and his feud with Richie Steamboat has been great.

There's a lot to like about NXT. Week in and week out, it's been a fantastic show.

I'd love to see both Seth Rollins and Kassius Ohno go far in the WWE.

I've been following Ohno for years and marked out when I heard he had signed with the WWE. He's excellent on the mic and in the ring. He's got great psychology that he reminds me a bit of Jake "the Snake" Roberts and a great look in that he looks dangerous. The one thing that might hold him back somewhat would be his physique. He's not out of shape but he's not ripped either. But if the fans respond to him and he gets over, which I don't see how he can't, it won't matter.

Now with Rollins, I think he can definitely go far. I might be premature in saying this but, if he plays his cards right, I can possibly see Rollins become the next face of the WWE once John Cena steps down. He's young, talented and good looking. Like many others have already said, he's got "it." I personally love the slamdance he does whenever he comes out. It certainly sets him apart and gets the crowd pumped up.

So in summary, I think both Rollins and Ohno can go far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back