*Official* How would you book Stings Debut?

MrGameTime

Pre-Show Stalwart
All I know talk of Sting is an ever common sight on these forums so I decided to create this *official thread and would like to ask for people's own ideas of how they would debut Sting in WWE, and by "debut" I mean on WWE television not comic con, wwe 2k15, DVD appearances etc...

Sting is the biggest star left in pro wrestling to have not wrestled in the WWE but it appears they finally now have there man on board and also with himself now actually asking to wrestle in a WWE ring in interviews.

Now I ask you in all seriousness what are your ideas of how WWE will actually debut the Stinger???

All I know talk of Sting is an ever common sight on these forums so I decided to create this *official thread and would like to ask for people's own ideas of how they would debut Sting in WWE, and by "debut" I mean on WWE television not comic con, wwe 2k15, DVD appearances etc...

Sting is the biggest star left in pro wrestling to have not wrestled in the WWE but it appears they finally now have there man on board and also with himself now actually asking to wrestle in a WWE ring in interviews.

Now I ask you in all seriousness what are your ideas of how WWE will actually debut the Stinger???

Here is how I would book him: Put him on a Legends panel, make him a Manager, have him push the WWE Network on RAW with Hogan and Austin.

How Vince will book him: Sting will job to Bo Dallas, El Torito and Hornswoggle in order to destroy his legacy, and permanently cement WCW as the inferior company.

Mr. Borden, you have a grand legacy to protect. Do not let that egomaniac get his hands on your legacy.

Two matches.

Time machine + Undertaker (circa 2002)
Time machine + Ultimate Warrior (circa 1989)

Or alternatively

Sting v Father Time
(Winner gets infinite fantasy matches forever)
I would imagine the belt to resemble something from Flava Flav's necklace collection

In summary:

Too little too late for both WWE and Sting. Even when Sting was feuding with Vampiro he looked over the hill, and that was 14 years ago. This shouldve happened around the time Scott Steiner showed up in WWE. I think we forget in the last 3yrs of WCWs lofe, Sting was essentially demoted permanently to the midcard already. Makes you think...

Personally I feel, and have always felt, that if handled correctly DDP in WWE could've been the biggest star of them all. Or Jarrett even, the heat on that guy would have made him an AMAZING top heel in WWE.

Here is how I would book him: Put him on a Legends panel, make him a Manager, have him push the WWE Network on RAW with Hogan and Austin.

How Vince will book him: Sting will job to Bo Dallas, El Torito and Hornswoggle in order to destroy his legacy, and permanently cement WCW as the inferior company.

Mr. Borden, you have a grand legacy to protect. Do not let that egomaniac get his hands on your legacy.

He should only ever be in a speaking capacity, he's well past any abilities in the ring.

That being said, he doesn't have shit to protect without the WWE. The WWE owns the WCW library, which is the only place that Sting ever made a real impact.

Two matches.

Time machine + Undertaker (circa 2002)
Time machine + Ultimate Warrior (circa 1989)

Or alternatively

Sting v Father Time
(Winner gets infinite fantasy matches forever)
I would imagine the belt to resemble something from Flava Flav's necklace collection

In summary:

Too little too late for both WWE and Sting. Even when Sting was feuding with Vampiro he looked over the hill, and that was 14 years ago. This shouldve happened around the time Scott Steiner showed up in WWE. I think we forget in the last 3yrs of WCWs lofe, Sting was essentially demoted permanently to the midcard already. Makes you think...

Personally I feel, and have always felt, that if handled correctly DDP in WWE could've been the biggest star of them all. Or Jarrett even, the heat on that guy would have made him an AMAZING top heel in WWE.

Sting would have been incredible in the WWE if he had gone over in 98 or 99. They could have used him, pushed him, and he would have been important and relevant in 2014. As it stands, he'll get an HoF nomination and that will be all she wrote for Sting.

On a side note, Jarrett had multiple chances in the WWE. He's as shit as shit can get in the world of wrestling. He's a self promoting, self overrating buffoon that get a few years worth of Main Event level garbage wrestling in WCW and then in the minor leagues of pro wrestling, TNA.

That being said, he doesn't have shit to protect without the WWE. The WWE owns the WCW library, which is the only place that Sting ever made a real impact.

If that was the case, they would have released the Sting DVD by now. Steve Borden owns the rights to the name Sting. WWE cannot do shit without him.

Mr. game time nobody wants to answer your question so here you go. I would say Sting has at least one match left in him, have Shawn, Hogan and Flair be out there like last week. Shawn could start talking about his career and what he has done and what he can do for the company, Sting comes out. They start a feud leading up to a match at Wrestlemania, it is for winner is the General Manager of Raw. Shawn is Hunters man and Sting is for the wrestlers. If you want you can have Sting start a feud with Bray Wyatt but that might be tough on Sting, mostly talking back and forth and a big match at Survivor Series. You can have a big singles match at Wrestlemania like Sting vs. Undertaker or Sting vs. HHH, but how do you start that feud that is the question. You can use Sting in a big way without him having to wrestle.

If that was the case, they would have released the Sting DVD by now. Steve Borden owns the rights to the name Sting. WWE cannot do shit without him.

You're missing the point. Sting can't have a Legacy without the WWE. The WWE will do fine never releasing a Sting DVD.

At this point in his career, the only way you can bring in Sting is to put him on top almost immediately. If he is going to be wrestling matches for WWE then there is no sense in bringing him in to climb the ladder.
Keep building Brock up, have him whip everyone that looks at him wrong. Then one Raw when him and Heyman are in the ring boasting the lights go out. Everyone expects it to be Undertaker. But then Sting is spotted in the rafters. Sting comes down and they are scared and leave the ring. Then Sting challenges him and explains that he came to WWE to stop Brock, etc...
People complain there is no real threat to Lesnar, Sting can be that threat. Of course we know he can't match Lesnar physically, but he can play mental games with him, Sting's speciality. The mental games would add legitimacy to him beating Brock. And Fans will be so happy to see Sting, they won't care if Lesnars defeat is believable or not.

It all depends on how much time Sting is willing to give and how many matches. For my example I will assume he is going to be there most weeks for a few months leading up to one match.

Spend about a month hyping Sting on Raw. Have HHH and Steph give some promos where they make Sting's signing more about them catching the elusive Sting than Sting himself. They can talk about Sting being too old and not capable of being able to compete with WWE but still that he was a great performer and someone they are proud of bringing in to the WWE family.

Premiere him at the end of Raw. Spend most of Raw showing backstage shots of him waiting around. Keep him in a suit and tie and no face paint. When the time comes have Steph and HHH out in the ring to welcome him. Show a shot of Sting backstage with Flair, Kane and a few stage hands waiting near the Gorilla position for his debut. Have HHH and Steph cut another promo similar to what they have been cutting for weeks where most of their praise is for themselves signing Sting as opposed to Sting's career. When it is time for Sting to come out, instead of Sting coming out a bewildered Flair comes out saying that Sting is gone. HHH and Steph race to the back only to find Kane beaten and battered along with the rest of the WWE stage hands.

The next couple of weeks would have HHH getting mysterious clues left for him. A long trench coat in his closet, a raven in his bathroom, Orton can get taken out backstage only to reappear with face paint. HHH can freak out and demand Sting face him in the ring. When HHH goes in a fury under the ring to grab him sledge hammer he pulls out a bat instead. Sting appears in the upper deck or rafters.

Sting continues to appear in the rafters for a few weeks until one episode he finally comes down and beats the heck out of HHH with his bat. He tells HHH congratulations for getting him on Raw but the next time anyone will see him on TV will be at whatever PPV is coning up and only if HHH agrees to meet Sting one on one in some type of no-dq match.

The match itself is pretty violent. I am making it no-dq so that we can get a healthy dose of both the sledge hammer and baseball bat plus I am not a big fan of Sting's late ring work in TNA. No-DQ also allows HHH to get the win if Sting is planning on staying on. If this is a one and done for Sting, Sting should certainly get the win.

I think this would work, I think it would be entertaining, I think it would keep people glued to Raw and I think it would get some more folks to order the Network.

Unfortunately, I don't think Sting is going to wrestle and if he were to we would just be stuck with a feud revolving around speeches about respect and a bunch of pointing to WM and $9.99 signs.

If this were around 2011, I probably would say that I don't see value in bringing back Sting into the mainstream for anything bigger than just a nostalgia act. But in the era of the WWE Network, WWE is actually focusing monetizing nostalgia! The best use of Sting would be to use him to bring in all the people nostalgic for wrestling of yesteryears and attaching them to something new.

So here's how I would do it. The biggest draw of the WWE Network should be the fact that it has EVERY PPV EVER. The best way to promote them is by reviving old PPV brands and showing us just how meaningful they were and why we should watch them. The best way to do this is to bring back Starrcade next year. Headline it with Sting vs. John Cena. Will the match be great? No. But it will definitely be a draw and everyone who used to be a WCW fan will hear about how Starrcade is coming back and how all the huge main events of yesteryear are all on the WWE Network.

Hell, if they could get Goldberg for a 1-off on Starrcade, that would be great too. Do Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar correctly this time, or maybe Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns in a Battle of the Spears.

I'm not talking about doing an ECW One Night Stand type of event. I just think that there are very few PPVs that feel meaningful and Starrcade is one of them. Having Starrcade on your PPV calendar is much better than having things like "Battleground" & "Payback" that mean nothing to the average wrestling fan.

Using Sting to springboard a new brand that can be pushed as the WrestleMania of the Fall is the best thing they could do. Starrcade should be a huge deal every year, 2nd to only WrestleMania, and while it can have slight nods to WCW here and there every year, it shouldn't be the focus after the first event. But for the first one, they should go all out.

They were teasing bringing back Bash at the Beach as well last year. Hell, they should do that do and also give Sting a high-profile match-up. Sting vs. Vince McMahon could probably draw if they bill Sting as the one guy who never sold out to Vince McMahon.

After using Sting to bring back some old PPV names, you can use him occasionally as just some guy who shows up to mess with the bad guys from time to time. Anything that makes people think "I wanna go check out old Sting matches" is great for WWE in 2014.

Uh, it's pretty simple.

Anytime Sting has been asked who he'd want to face in WWE he's said Undertaker or John Cena. So, really, that's the only options for him. Not just because he said it but it's pretty much the only two guys who make sense for him to wrestle because we know it will be a one-off match.

Undertaker vs Sting pretty much writes itself. Too bad it didn't happen last year instead of Lesnar because with The Streak this would have been a more interesting match. However, it still works without just by being two icons, both with 'eerie' characters who have never faced each other before. Basically, the story can be exactly that, it's a proving ground, a grudge match. See who's the better Phenom.

As for the build up for that match? Pretty simple. Undertaker returns sometime between Royal Rumble and WM 31. While he's talking, lights go out, Sting's music hits and he is up in the rafters pointing his bat at Taker. Then, the show goes off the air. Next Raw, Undertaker comes out, demanding to talk to Sting. Lights go out, lights go on and Sting is standing in the ring behind Undertaker and then he basically states his reason for wanting to face Taker at WrestleMania. Taker agrees and the match is booked!

As for build up; leave it to the video department. They can show clips of classic matches of the two Phenoms where they did some of their best work. That can basically lead up to WM 31 and you have your match.

Undertaker would probably win because he's WWE-made and Vince wouldn't like the WCW guy beating a WWE guy. And, doesn't really matter anyway, because the match is purely to fulfill a fantasy match-up that people seem to want to see. Match can be about 15 minutes and that would be fine.

Now, Sting vs John Cena would be a little harder to build. Sting obviously can't go a hard as Cena can as he's much older but Cena can definitely protect Sting in the ring to still make the match look good. However, the problem is what would the story be behind this match? Maybe just something about how Sting believes he is was the "John Cena" of the WCW and wants to prove that, even now, he's better than Cena. Would work probably good enough. As for the match, again, it can be about 15 minutes. Obviously, Cena would win this match but he'd make Sting look strong through most of it, as usual.

But really, that's the only two options for Sting. He has one more match left in him and if it happens, it'll happen at WM 31. I, for one, would like to see it because I'm pretty sure everyone will get to see his classic moves and mannerisms and an Entrance that will be spectacular.

HERE IT IS, HOW I WOULD BOOK HIM. That makes sense, and is in this timeline.

Now first off Sting has been annoyed as you can tell in interviews with the over asked questions of, who do you want to face? if you have one more match with who? dream opponent? He always will answer, Taker! No one gets it, he wants Taker. Look, his doing this WWE run, after all these years his finally in WWE. His yet to debut on TV so this is how i would do it with what he wants.

Monday Night after Royal Rumble, make it a huge night. Taker comes out. His not in his gear, just in clothes. His here to make his retirement speech. Talks about his health and his career over the years. How he can only perform once a year. How his put on the best matches he can for the fans, but after his match with Brock, he knows his career is over, he needs to rest. He gives a closing mark on how Undertaker will REST IN PEA....places goes dark. Cole says, "PLACE HAS GONE DARK, BUT UNDERTAKER IS ALREADY OUT HERE, WHO COULD IT BE, ALSO IF YOU WANT TO SEE ALL OF THE OTHER TIMES TAKER HAS RETURNED MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NETWORK FOR $9.99"

Stings Music hits, he comes down the raptors (HE HAS TO DO THIS, JUST CAUSE) His in gear, his got the paint on, he even has his baseball bat. He stares at Taker. Crowd erupts, its Hogan and Rock all over again. Sting walks off and grabs a mic.

"You cant Retire Taker. You cant"
Sting goes into a promo.
"You cant leave yet, I just got here"

Taker replies,
"You just come to late. Streak is dead my friend, its time for me to go"

Sting,
"Im not here for the steak, im here for the man"

Taker,
"Man is just like the streak, its over. You want the best, but im only my best at Wrestlemania with the streak on the line"

Sting
"Ill meet you an Mania, The Icon Sting vs The Deadman The Undertaker. Just listen to these fans"
FANS ERUPT! Kids and pre teens google sting on their smartphones, parents, wrestling fans look down at them with shame.

Undertaker,
"You want the man at Mania, Fine, its yours. Under one condition"

Sting,
"Anything"

Undertaker,
"I dont have the streak, i need to fight for something, so im putting my career on the line."

Fans pass out, all of them, the intense screaming and cheering was too much.

Thats how id book stings TV Debut

Sting vs Taker seems to be the ultimate dream match for most every wrestling fan, so I'd give the people what they wanted.

Taker returns on RAW 2 months or so before WM31, Sting lowers himself out of the rafters during Taker's promo in which he's ready to announce his retirement.

They acknowledge the respect factor each has for the other, play to the crowd some, eventually agreeing upon a Career vs Career match at WM31 (which Taker wins but ultimately retires afterward anyway).

It all depends on how much time Sting is willing to give and how many matches. For my example I will assume he is going to be there most weeks for a few months leading up to one match.

Spend about a month hyping Sting on Raw. Have HHH and Steph give some promos where they make Sting's signing more about them catching the elusive Sting than Sting himself. They can talk about Sting being too old and not capable of being able to compete with WWE but still that he was a great performer and someone they are proud of bringing in to the WWE family.

Premiere him at the end of Raw. Spend most of Raw showing backstage shots of him waiting around. Keep him in a suit and tie and no face paint. When the time comes have Steph and HHH out in the ring to welcome him. Show a shot of Sting backstage with Flair, Kane and a few stage hands waiting near the Gorilla position for his debut. Have HHH and Steph cut another promo similar to what they have been cutting for weeks where most of their praise is for themselves signing Sting as opposed to Sting's career. When it is time for Sting to come out, instead of Sting coming out a bewildered Flair comes out saying that Sting is gone. HHH and Steph race to the back only to find Kane beaten and battered along with the rest of the WWE stage hands.

The next couple of weeks would have HHH getting mysterious clues left for him. A long trench coat in his closet, a raven in his bathroom, Orton can get taken out backstage only to reappear with face paint. HHH can freak out and demand Sting face him in the ring. When HHH goes in a fury under the ring to grab him sledge hammer he pulls out a bat instead. Sting appears in the upper deck or rafters.

Sting continues to appear in the rafters for a few weeks until one episode he finally comes down and beats the heck out of HHH with his bat. He tells HHH congratulations for getting him on Raw but the next time anyone will see him on TV will be at whatever PPV is coning up and only if HHH agrees to meet Sting one on one in some type of no-dq match.

The match itself is pretty violent. I am making it no-dq so that we can get a healthy dose of both the sledge hammer and baseball bat plus I am not a big fan of Sting's late ring work in TNA. No-DQ also allows HHH to get the win if Sting is planning on staying on. If this is a one and done for Sting, Sting should certainly get the win.

I think this would work, I think it would be entertaining, I think it would keep people glued to Raw and I think it would get some more folks to order the Network.

Unfortunately, I don't think Sting is going to wrestle and if he were to we would just be stuck with a feud revolving around speeches about respect and a bunch of pointing to WM and $9.99 signs.

I love this idea so much of a Triple H/Sting feud and the way you have laid it out I just love it and it being No DQ, the sledgehammer and the baseball bat both signature weapons of Triple H and Sting can come into play but also the promo work between these 2 back and forth and having Sting go up against The Authority taking them all down piece by piece being "The Avenger" the avenger of all avengers like think The Crow 1994 but with Sting taking out each and every member of The Authority leaving Triple H for last would be even better

You're missing the point. Sting can't have a Legacy without the WWE. The WWE will do fine never releasing a Sting DVD.
Did not miss the point at all. Steve Borden owns the character. Yes, WWE may own the WCW library, but there is enough material out there that fans put out, that he does not need WWE for a legacy. And, I will say it again: If WWE does not need him, why then sign him?

Did not miss the point at all. Steve Borden owns the character. Yes, WWE may own the WCW library, but there is enough material out there that fans put out, that he does not need WWE for a legacy. And, I will say it again: If WWE does not need him, why then sign him?

Steve Borden needs WWE if he wants to make serious money off of his character...its that simple. He needs WWE way more than they need him. WWE could release a DVD with all his greatest matches without him because they own the matches.

Nikki Bella sues Brie Bella over an unresolved incident involving slander during their pre-teens and seeks out an arbiter. All of this is made clear through ten combined hours of Stephanie McMahon shrieking through the "boring" chants of the crowd.

Stephanie berates Brie Bella for insulting Nikki, when Sting's music hits.

Sting comes to the ring and explains that he graduated seventh in his class at Harvard and will give the crowd what they REALLY want, a decisive and lawfully binding conclusion regarding this pressing issue (where Brie wins).

Sting fights hard in court and convinces Judge Alex that Brie was in no way damaging the reputation of Nikki Bella when she insulted the paint job on her new rocket ship. Sting thanks the court room and decides that his tenure with the WWE has lived up to its potential.

WWE keeps name-dropping Sting, as they've been doing over the past year. In February 2015 he shows up to fight The Undertaker like everyone else does. They then have a passable match propelled by the drama, vignettes and promos surrounding it.

Then the IWC says it sucks.

Undertaker makes his annual WrestleMania season return in January. Sting comes out and interrupts him. Taker vs. Sting at WM. Similar to the buildup to Taker when he faced HHH at WM 28

Sting hits the RAW scene with the music from the 2K commercial. He's given his WWE Universe embrace segment, talks briefly about his jounrey, and as he hints to his personal dream match... ** "Stinger... We're here!" **

Wyatt hits the stage and gives an excellent live promo, more passionate than usual, hinting that he believed in and grew up watching Sting, and for some legit, nutty backwood reason, he must take him out. Let this build to WM and give Sting the win since Wyatt is the only young heel who gets further over by losing.

Sting hits the RAW scene with the music from the 2K commercial. He's given his WWE Universe embrace segment, talks briefly about his jounrey, and as he hints to his personal dream match... ** "Stinger... We're here!" **

Wyatt hits the stage and gives an excellent live promo, more passionate than usual, hinting that he believed in and grew up watching Sting, and for some legit, nutty backwood reason, he must take him out. Let this build to WM and give Sting the win since Wyatt is the only young heel who gets further over by losing.

A Sting/Bray Wyatt feud would be great and not to mention Sting he knows Bray Wyatt's father IRS but also Bray Wyatt essentially grew up in this business being the son of IRS but also being the nephew of Barry Windham and grandson of Blackjack Mulligan but also with Bray Wyatt him feuding with Sting, both having dark gimmicks, the promos back and forth here would be so epic

I would debut him at Wrestlemania against Undertaker. I think it is a perfect way for Undertaker to retire and a great start for Sting in the company. Sting has shown interest in wrestling him anyway. Why not debut him on the biggest stage of them all? I have much respect for both competitors and would love to see this match happen. Even if it ends up being Undertaker's last match.

Sting DVD is being released in October 2014, and the W2K15 game in November 2014, right?

Fait to say we will be seeing more of Sting on WWE programming, and I would suggest the reason we have yet to see Sting in a rin is because when he does, Vince wants him to be in the best possible shape possible, thus he has been working hard on his physique and training in rings for a match or two on big ppvs in early 2015.
Surprise entrant in the 2015 Royal Rumble would be a lock and then a match against a suitable legend who can not be hurt by putting Sting over, like HHH or Randy Orton.
Sting will not be wrestling in a fucking t-shirt in WWE, that would destroy any of the credibility he had. Remember Flair on the final Nitro??? Disgraceful. Sting will finally have a match in 2015 at Wrestlemania 31 in California, his home State, and would not be surprised to see him in the Rumble also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back