Hulk Hogan
The Rock
Edge
John Cena
Chris Benoit
The Wrestlezone Tournament
Here come the pain!

BrockLesnar004.jpg

He needed to cheat to beat Van Dam. In that match, the next night on Raw, and in their match at Vengeance, Van Dam out-classed Lesnar in every way and had certain victory. If they face off, Heyman not being in Lesnar's corner is going to be Brock's death knell.

He needed to cheat to beat Van Dam. In that match, the next night on Raw, and in their match at Vengeance, Van Dam out-classed Lesnar in every way and had certain victory. If they face off, Heyman not being in Lesnar's corner is going to be Brock's death knell.

Why wouldn't Heyman be in Lesnar's corner? If we are basing this on when they were most dominant or at their best, Heyman was by Lesnar's side every step of the way. If not Heyman, then I'm sure Vince would lend a hand.

Eddie Guerrero needed to cheat to beat Brock Lesnar. Doesn't mean I'm going to vote him over Brock.

I know. Because Lesnar had him beat. Just like Van Dam had Lesnar beat.

That's what I'm saying.

Brock Lesnar will be getting my support throughout this tournament. The man was simply dominant. I'm pretty sure no one has held World Titles for a larger percentage of their career then Brock Lesnar. Nearly half his career in the WWE was spent as WWE Champion, and his entire Japanese Career saw him as the IWGP Champion. The man is dominant, plain and simple.

Erh, now I know Brock Lesnar was a monster in WWE, but, wasn't it Triple H who had the sentence "Here comes the pain" in his entrance music from Drowning Pool - The Game? :rolleyes:

Here's hoping to see Lesnar and Angle match during this tournament, if for no other reason then to see another Shooting Star Press attempt... FACE! (literally).

Brock Lesnar will be getting my support throughout this tournament. The man was simply dominant. I'm pretty sure no one has held World Titles for a larger percentage of their career then Brock Lesnar.

10Shane.jpg

Best be lucky Shane O' Mac isn't in this thing then. He retired as an undefeated European Champion. That > Jobbing to Eddie Guerrero.

Nearly half his career in the WWE was spent as WWE Champion, and his entire Japanese Career saw him as the IWGP Champion. The man is dominant, plain and simple.

If Championships = how great you are in standing, then Flair, HHH, Edge > Lesnar all the time.

Lesnar is a 2 year washout. He couldn't hack it, was starting to decline in his 2nd year, and left before he could begin jobbing fulltime. Went to Japan, and lost to Angle.

He struggled against guys smaller than him. (Van Dam, Guerrero, HARDCORE HOLLY) He broke his own neck, because he's wreckless. And he couldn't even defeat a man so similar to him in Goldberg, on the biggest stage of them all.

How is he a beast again? Ohh, thats right.. he beat the Undertaker, when he was using an alternative gimmick to the one that's been Taker's bread and butter. He beat up a 50 year old Hulk Hogan, threw a one legged Gowen into a ring post, and couldn't even work a match properly which cost Holly a broken neck. Yep.. what a beast.

10Shane.jpg

Best be lucky Shane O' Mac isn't in this thing then. He retired as an undefeated European Champion. That > Jobbing to Eddie Guerrero.

If Championships = how great you are in standing, then Flair, HHH, Edge > Lesnar all the time.

Lesnar is a 2 year washout. He couldn't hack it, was starting to decline in his 2nd year, and left before he could begin jobbing fulltime. Went to Japan, and lost to Angle.

He struggled against guys smaller than him. (Van Dam, Guerrero, HARDCORE HOLLY) He broke his own neck, because he's wreckless. And he couldn't even defeat a man so similar to him in Goldberg, on the biggest stage of them all.

How is he a beast again? Ohh, thats right.. he beat the Undertaker, when he was using an alternative gimmick to the one that's been Taker's bread and butter. He beat up a 50 year old Hulk Hogan, threw a one legged Gowen into a ring post, and couldn't even work a match properly which cost Holly a broken neck. Yep.. what a beast.

What the hell have you been watching.

He didn't struggle against Eddie Guerrero at all, re watch No Way Out , Brock Lesnar dominated Eddie throughout the match , all Eddie did in that match was try and gain momentum but failed again and again until Goldberg speared Lesnar.

He didn't struggle against Holly either , he just made Holly seem like a legit contender for the title and built up his return momentum , but as you can see from Royal Rumble 2004 that momentum was destroyed when Brock Lesnar man handled Holly.

Also you do realize that the original plan was to have Lesnar go over at WM 20 and beat Goldberg right? It was only because of Lesnars decision to leave that cost him that match.

It doesn't matter if Hulk Hogan is 50 or 100 , during the year of 2002 , Hogan held the WWE Title and held it with all his Red and Yellow glory ,which was destroyed when Brock Lesnar took him out that same year. That same 50 year old man was able to kick Shawn Michael's and Randy Orton's ass at back to back SummerSlams , yet he has never defeated Brock Lesnar.

Championships don't equal greatness but the amount of titles Lesnar won in such a short period of time does make him great .

Lesnar was never jobbing in Japan at all he was leaving for MMA so they had to take the title of him, it is also funny how you think one loss is jobbing.

Brock Lesnar tapped out to Angle with his coveted Ankle Lock , that same Ankle Lock made Steve Austin tap out in his prime, it isn't a big deal to tap out to it.What is a big deal is the fact that Brock Lesnar made Kurt Angle tap out to that very same Ankle Lock in an Iron Man match.

Beating Undertaker while he was in his Bad Ass persona wasn't as big a deal as it would have been if it were his Deadman persona , but getting a clean victory over him in his own match is a big deal and the fact that it was also Brock Lesnars first Hell in the Cell made it bigger.

He holds the record for youngest WWE Champion
He main evented his first WM
He won his first Royal Rumble
He won his first King of the Ring

His 3 WWE Title reigns that were won in his short 2 and a half year career is longer then The Rocks 7 WWE Titles won throughout his whole entire 6 year career. That is impressive.

AWO Areoplex™;1973789 said:
What the hell have you been watching.

He didn't struggle against Eddie Guerrero at all, re watch No Way Out , Brock Lesnar dominated Eddie throughout the match , all Eddie did in that match was try and gain momentum but failed again and again until Goldberg speared Lesnar.

So, you're saying Lesnar is vunrable against a single Spear, eh? Noted. ;)

He didn't struggle against Holly either , he just made Holly seem like a legit contender for the title and built up his return momentum , but as you can see from Royal Rumble 2004 that momentum was destroyed when Brock Lesnar man handled Holly.

Holly isn't a legit contender though. He isn't even a wannabe contender. So to "make him look like a contender" is to make him look better than he is. Which means Lesnar was being beaten at times, by Holly.

Also you do realize that the original plan was to have Lesnar go over at WM 20 and beat Goldberg right? It was only because of Lesnars decision to leave that cost him that match.

Uhm, Goldberg was leaving too. So by this standard, I guess Goldberg is better than Lesnar? Obviously, since both were leaving - but Goldberg got the nod.

It doesn't matter if Hulk Hogan is 50 or 100 , during the year of 2002 , Hogan held the WWE Title and held it with all his Red and Yellow glory ,which was destroyed when Brock Lesnar took him out that same year. That same 50 year old man was able to kick Shawn Michael's and Randy Orton's ass at back to back SummerSlams , yet he has never defeated Brock Lesnar.

Orton carried that entire match and made Hogan look good. HBK mocked Hogan via terrible selling. Whats the point of Hogan going over both, in bad ways?

Hogan won a title with accidental help. He also lost him & Edge the Tag Team Championships to Chris Jericho & Christian. Does this mean Jericho & Christian are better than Hulk Hogan, too? No.

Championships don't equal greatness but the amount of titles Lesnar won in such a short period of time does make him great .

So, winning numerous titles in a short period of time equals greatness. :) Also Noted.

Lesnar was never jobbing in Japan at all he was leaving for MMA so they had to take the title of him, it is also funny how you think one loss is jobbing.

I'm sorry, find where I said he was jobbing in Japan again? I said he went to Japan, and lost to Kurt Angle. No where did I say he went there and jobbed to everyone. Get the facts straight.

Brock Lesnar tapped out to Angle with his coveted Ankle Lock , that same Ankle Lock made Steve Austin tap out in his prime, it isn't a big deal to tap out to it.What is a big deal is the fact that Brock Lesnar made Kurt Angle tap out to that very same Ankle Lock in an Iron Man match.

Well, if Lesnar happens to face Angle in an Iron Man submission match.. I'll keep this in mind.

Beating Undertaker while he was in his Bad Ass persona wasn't as big a deal as it would have been if it were his Deadman persona , but getting a clean victory over him in his own match is a big deal and the fact that it was also Brock Lesnars first Hell in the Cell made it bigger.

I see you edited to add more. Okay then.

Yes, had he of defeated the Undertaker as the Deadman it would've been something. I wouldn't be arguing anything over the victory. However, he defeated an Undertaker that was using a gimmick that made him look "human" and "weak".

The Hell in a Cell victory is good, great even. I'll give him that one. Yet he's looked beatable against Taker in practically every other match they've had. And in the "Biker Chain" match, he needed help by Mr. McMahon to even win. Which shows the HIAC victory could've been a fluke.

Come to think of it, he's needed help in several matches to gain wins.

He holds the record for youngest WWE Champion

Randy Orton was 24. Lesnar was 25.

Lou Thesz was 21. (this likely wouldn't count, just wanted to toss it out there)

He main evented his first WM

So have a lot of names.

Hulk Hogan
Roddy Piper
Mr. T
Paul Orndorff
Sid Justice
Yokozuna
Lawrence Taylor

He won his first Royal Rumble

So did Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

He won his first King of the Ring

So did Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Billy Gunn, & Kurt Angle.

His 3 WWE Title reigns that were won in his short 2 and a half year career is longer then The Rocks 7 WWE Titles won throughout his whole entire 6 year career. That is impressive.

I won't argue this. He has a better Championship reign history than an Actor. :lmao: I kid, I kid.

Seriously.. being a Champion is a big deal, regardless how many randoms wanna say "so and so was a Champion during a weak era/2-3 brand era". There is also gonna be a reason why ANY.. ONE.. Champion, isn't better than another. But being a Champion in general, is a big accomplishment.

So, you're saying Lesnar is vunrable against a single Spear, eh? Noted. ;)

Holly isn't a legit contender though. He isn't even a wannabe contender. So to "make him look like a contender" is to make him look better than he is. Which means Lesnar was being beaten at times, by Holly.

Uhm, Goldberg was leaving too. So by this standard, I guess Goldberg is better than Lesnar? Obviously, since both were leaving - but Goldberg got the nod.

Orton carried that entire match and made Hogan look good. HBK mocked Hogan via terrible selling. Whats the point of Hogan going over both, in bad ways?

Hogan won a title with accidental help. He also lost him & Edge the Tag Team Championships to Chris Jericho & Christian. Does this mean Jericho & Christian are better than Hulk Hogan, too? No.

So, winning numerous titles in a short period of time equals greatness. :) Also Noted.

I'm sorry, find where I said he was jobbing in Japan again? I said he went to Japan, and lost to Kurt Angle. No where did I say he went there and jobbed to everyone. Get the facts straight.

Well, if Lesnar happens to face Angle in an Iron Man submission match.. I'll keep this in mind.

I apologize for the jobbing in Japan crap , I never read your post correctly.

Brock Lesnar made Holly look better , Lesnar actually got the crowd on Hollys side , he was building up his match, no big deal there. Triple H did something similar with Eugene. No one would want to see Lesnar VS Holly , if Holly was just getting manhandled on the couple of SmackDowns prior to the Rumble.

Brock Lesnar was the poster boy of the company , he was expected to be a long term guy , whereas Goldberg was a short term guy , who the WWE expected to leave after his contract was up. So Lesnar losing is somewhat of a punishment , Lesnar meant more to the WWE, he was on the video game covers , magazines , whatever. Goldberg was expected to leave , not the same with Lesnar.

Ya if you could win WWE Titles within a couple of months and dominate the whole entire roster like Lesnar did and preserve the nickname "The Next Big Thing" , then it does equal to greatness.

So what if Hogan got help winning the title , he still won it.
Eddie got help winning the title at NWO 04
Steve Austin got help winning the title at WM 17.
RVD got help winning the title at ONS 06
Jeff Hardy got help winning the title at Armageddon.

No big deal in getting assistance when winning a title , you still win it and to beat a former champion on your first attempt , especially if it is someone like Hogan , it is defiantly a big deal.

I don't get what you said about the Submission Iron Man match , submission is just as meaningful as a pin fall in a regular Iron Man Match.

Aero, save it for the tourney. No need to do this now. Will's just insecure that the 4 year pro with less then half the world title reigns somehow manages to have 100 plus days more spent as world champion. .;)

The guy tore through WWE faster then anyone and was the youngest (at the time) to win the WWE Championship (Randy won the World Heavyweight Championship). He's the current UFC Heavyweight Champion. The only way Lesnar goes out of this tournament early is if he gets a horribly unadvantageous gimmick match.

Team Lesnar, better be prepared. Very tough draw in round one with Triple H. There are a ton of Lesnar haters on the board that will vote against him out of spite, but now coupled with the fact that you have a WWE staple in Triple H, it's double trouble. Gotta come hard, come fast, and come often.

Team Lesnar, better be prepared. Very tough draw in round one with Triple H. There are a ton of Lesnar haters on the board that will vote against him out of spite, but now coupled with the fact that you have a WWE staple in Triple H, it's double trouble. Gotta come hard, come fast, and come often.

I'm sorry, I was too busy wading through the "HHH slept his way to the top" arguments in nearly every WWE section thread.

There used to be an official thread for it, remember?

I'm sorry, I was too busy wading through the "HHH slept his way to the top" arguments in nearly every WWE section thread.

There used to be an official thread for it, remember?
It was probably right underneath the "Lesnar disrespected the Business" thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back