Official ECW Fan Club Thread

RadicalCraig

Mellow, with a dash of Radical
Im just gonna give this a shot.

Extreme Championship Wrestling, most likely known as ECW. The single company that revolutionized the wrestling buisness forever. Breeding superstars, into extremists, ECW took it to the next level. A total new way of wrestling, it was born as Extreme/Hardcore. Using Barbed wire, Fire, Tables, and Thumbtacks to wear down your opponent.

ECW gave birth to hardcore Icons, such as, The Dudley Boys, Sabu, Rob Van Dam, New Jack, Sandman, and so many more. This company brought wrestling to a different surface, and most deffinilty made it more interesting.

Where would the Hardy Boys be if Tables, Ladders, and Chairs, werent around? What about Mick Foley versus Edge at wrestlemania just a few years back? I dont think the Hardcore Match could have been birthed, if its Mother ECW didnt push it out.

I think alot of people get wrong views on ECW because of what Vince McMahon did to it. Vince McMahon bought ECW, took its icons, and then left it a dump. A playground for low-card superstars to run around and claim themselves hardcore.

I made this thread specifically for ECW talk. Whether it be about anything that has ever happened in the promotion. Treat this like a forum, and be free to post "Threads" in this Thread, to start discusssion. So join the club! And lets get started.

ECW was way before my time, so I wasn't around its hay day but no doubt ECW is where it was at. You brought up some things I agree with such as the new style/breed of wrestlers that paved the way for other companies matches. The RVD is the big one. He mixed his martial arts style of wrestling and combined it with the hardcore style. If it weren't for ECW, I thimk other companies would be left out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back