• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oddly Reminiscent

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did anyone else think that there was something very reminiscent of the Attitude Era on last night’s Raw? I mean, it’s not very often we see promos concerning toilet stalls or Mr McMahon mounting a limo driver to get him to the arena. Also, the matches that were on show last night, such as Triple H and Randy Orton’s (Which I thought was one of their better ones by the way) was quite like the attitude Era. It’s not on every Raw that you see Triple H busts open a cameraman with a ladder. The storyline and show itself reminded me of the attitude era a lot.

So what do you think? Do you think that the WWE are trying to encapsulate more of the Attitude Era without actually calling it that and going that far?

Originally posted by Scotsman Dave: Did anyone else think that there was something very reminiscent of the Attitude Era on last night’s Raw? I mean, it’s not very often we see promos concerning toilet stalls or Mr McMahon mounting a limo driver to get him to the arena. Also, the matches that were on show last night, such as Triple H and Randy Orton’s (Which I thought was one of their better ones by the way) was quite like the attitude Era. It’s not on every Raw that you see Triple H busts open a cameraman with a ladder. The storyline and show itself reminded me of the attitude era a lot.

So what do you think? Do you think that the WWE are trying to encapsulate more of the Attitude Era without actually calling it that and going that far?

You know it's funny you say that, I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Basically what you said above is exactly what I was thinking as I sat up watching the show. As you say, everything from the promos and Vince to even the ladder used in the last man standing match, your'e right it did all feel a bit familiar of times gone by. So yeh, I totally agree with you, RAW felt a bit edgier than normal and I thought it was an entertaing program despite Trump only lasting one week.

That being said, I fully expect WWE to stick to the PG rating and not return to the ways of old...perhaps they were trying to capatilize on any new viewers they may have received as a result of the Trump publicity, as if to say 'this is what RAW's like every week'...but for sure there was that sort of 'attitude' feel to the show last night imo...

I thought it was a really good Raw.And Yes it did sorta feel like the Attitude Era.There are rumours going around that After The Bash PPV that WWE will be going TV-14 but thats just speculation. IMO the only way I think,and a good way to start the new TV-14,15,16 etc Era would be to make John Cena Heel.Once that happens then it can be called TV-15 or Attitude Era.

Although your right,That Raw was slightly reminiscent of the old days,I think for it to really be Attitude Era would have been if Orton or Trips started bleeding....I meen come on you get hit with Ladders,Mine TVs and no bleeds....Even the tables didnt brake.But thats a rant for another post.

You know it's funny you say that, I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Basically what you said above is exactly what I was thinking as I sat up watching the show. As you say, everything from the promos and Vince to even the ladder used in the last man standing match, your'e right it did all feel a bit familiar of times gone by. So yeh, I totally agree with you, RAW felt a bit edgier than normal and I thought it was an entertaing program despite Trump only lasting one week.

That being said, I fully expect WWE to stick to the PG rating and not return to the ways of old...perhaps they were trying to capatilize on any new viewers they may have received as a result of the Trump publicity, as if to say 'this is what RAW's like every week'...but for sure there was that sort of 'attitude' feel to the show last night imo...

Definitely. I think the key word that you mentioned was "edgier". I think, nay hope that this could be the start of something a little bit edgier for the future as I for oen couldn't really take much more of the same recycled storylines that are currently dominating the WWE. I look forward to seeing what happens at next week's Raw because I think it will give us a great illustration of which direction WWE is going in.

I would not quite say last nights raw was "edgy" but it certainly was the best raw's I have seen in quite awhile. It was good to see that the crowd was very much into the show throughout the night and that is always a plus. I also like the fact that Vince might be turning heel based on his promo with Trump, which is a good thing since Vince makes a crappy face.

I would have to agree that last night was a bit egier than usual and that there was an attitude feel to it. However I must say that the Attitude Era is OVER!!! It's not coming back no matter what you do it's gone. While yes, I do believe that RAW is getting edgier and hope that WWE gets over the PG rating, it will never be the same as the Attitude Era. Believe that if you believe nothing else!

excuse but WWE's old ways is not attitude but P.G any ways . WWE olds ways were P.G. first not attitude at all. i getting sick of you people acting like attitude era was befoe p.g when it was not at all. the orginal p.g era in WWE was the 80's .without the p.g era WWE would have never made it at all to attitude because WWE made their first big money in the P.G. era of the 80's. please realize that WWE's ways of old are P.G. not attitude at all. yes, WWE RAW little bit edgier last night some of same kind of stuff in 80's but it was still p.g. i can say i never saw last man standing match during the 80's in WWF aka WWE. but i did see promos like what vince did with the limo drver in the 80's
. i just glad the attitude era is gone because it is overrated & is the reason fans don't know what a real match is. WWE is better p.g . also i feel bad for the fan who got hit by the ladder HHH threw. HHH should have watched where he threw it .

excuse but WWE's old ways is not attitude but P.G any ways . WWE olds ways were P.G. first not attitude at all. i getting sick of you people acting like attitude era was befoe p.g when it was not at all. the orginal p.g era in WWE was the 80's .without the p.g era WWE would have never made it at all to attitude because WWE made their first big money in the P.G. era of the 80's. please realize that WWE's ways of old are P.G. not attitude at all. yes, WWE RAW little bit edgier last night some of same kind of stuff in 80's but it was still p.g. i can say i never saw last man standing match during the 80's in WWF aka WWE. but i did see promos like what vince did with the limo drver in the 80's
. i just glad the attitude era is gone because it is overrated & is the reason fans don't know what a real match is. WWE is better p.g . also i feel bad for the fan who got hit by the ladder HHH threw. HHH should have watched where he threw it .

Maybe Vince is trying it out and there will be a happy medium of sorts this time around. Lets face it Vince is probably in a panic mode that is why things begin and end so quickly these days. I really think he has nothing to lose so he is going to now try to find a happy medium. I don't see any harm in having RAW be like that every week I enjoyed it I mean there wasn't anything in there that wasn't to bad for a kid to see.

I think if Vince sees the ratings for RAW went up you may start seeing that happy medium. But everything is a cycle it will come around again but don't foregt now WWE is a public company so he can't afford to lose shareholders.

Ok, I get what your'e saying and you are correct but considering that this thread was asking about last night's RAW being reminiscent of the Attitude Era, when I used the phrase "ways of old", I was simply referring to the Era in question which like it or not is an example of a time gone by. I'm not suggesting WWE started out like the Attitude Era because it did not..but within the context of this thread I think it's fair to say that last night's RAW was reminiscent of a time that has passed by (yes, the Attitude Era). I would also agree with you in saying that the WWE is fine PG...but don't assume that I don't know that there is more to the WWE than the Attitude Era please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back