Pinhead
The Candyman
Tall Man

Axe Division
Charles Lee Ray
Leatherface
Norman Bates
Hannibal Lecter

Criteria: Body count, longevity, creativity, back story, style, performance, brutality. Some bonus points can be considered for killing stars, but that is at the discretion of the poster.

This is not a tournament of who would kill who - it's a question of who the best slasher / horror villain of these 16 is.

Tournament will begin October 6th and will end on Halloween Night.

How is the star of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, not in the Chainsaw division?

Lol, true, but it is probably just names to divide the slasherers up. I mean Krueger cant really have 'Knife-glove' division all to himself.
But yeah I get the funny side.
This should be fun and I am looking forward to it
Let the slashing begin.....October 6

Pennywise
Norman Bates
Hannibal Lecter

Are they eligable for a slasher tournament?

IT isn't a film either if that's part of the criteria, it's a mini series.

I fucking love you IC25.

But this contest is already over. Jason has killed 146 people on screen in his tenure over 10 films, not counting those he killed in Freddy vs. Jason. The next nearest I believe is Michael Myers who just went over the 100 mark I believe. Jason is by far the most prolific of all the slasher killers.

Personally though, I've always preferred Michael. Michael actually scared you in the first film. Just like Freddy actually scared you in the first film. Since then Jason & Freddy have become jokes, but Michael has remained pretty scary over time.

And OH DEAR GOD YOU HAVE ANGELA BAKER! You sir, are truly a slasher fan. I take back what I said, how can you vote against a transsexual camp counselor who sings songs about the fun of camping and then drowns one of her campers in an outhouse toilet? No slasher films can even come close to touching the creativity in the killings of the Sleepaway Camp series.

Also though; I wouldn't count the Tall Man, Hannibal, Norman Bates or Pennywise as slashers. The Tall Man almost never killed people himself, Hannibal killed about 3 people over the course of 3 films, Norman Bates body count doesn't extend past double digits and Pennywise...well Pennywise was a big fuckin' spider. Worst. Ending. EVER.

Hey everyone, I am kicking this thing off today with the first round today. I am going to try VERY hard to keep this tournament spam-free, I don't want to see this thing relegated to the Bar Room when it can keep things moving hardcore in the Movies Section.

As a note, the divisions don't effect the outcomes. If Leatherface were in the Chainsaw division, it wouldn't make a difference. We aren't assuming these villains in a shoot fight - if so, we'd have no need for the likes of Hannibal Lecter or Norman Bates to challenge Jason or Freddy. We are looking for your votes on who is best in the following criteria:

Body Count
Longevity
Creativity
Back Story
Style
Performance
Brutality

Feel free to weight them as you see fit, or add extra criteria. As X pointed out, if this were strictly body count, Jason would walk away with it. But we want to take EVERYTHING into account. I also hope some of you decide to see some of these films during this tournament. X already mentioned Sleepaway Camp - the 2nd film in the trilogy was epic for it's grizzly and creative death scenes. The special effect guy's nickname was "splatter."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back