• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXTMania

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Random idea. A bunch of guys are always left off WrestleMania, so why not air a one hour show on the WWE Network the night before WrestleMania with all the guys who won't be on the show, plus some open challenges. You can air the event right after they tape the Hall of Fame at whatever venue they have booked.

Here's an example:
(1) NXT Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Curtis Axel
Start off with an NXT title match that has been built up on NXT with Curtis Axel challenging Sami Zayn. Have Axel win the title too and drop it to an NXT guy later in the month.

(2) WWE Roster Exhibition match
Multi tag match with all the main roster folk who were left off the big show. 16/20-man tag probably.

(3) Bopen Challenge: Bo Dallas vs. Booker T
Have Bo throw out an open challenge for NXTMania and have Booker T come out and squash him. Nice surprise for the fans in attendance.

(4) WWE Divas vs. NXT Divas
Multi tag match with all the NXT divas against the WWE divas who aren't booked on the big show. You can put over the NXT divas by having them take advantage of the face/heel arguments on the other team.

(5) NXT Tag Team Championship: Los Matadores vs. The Ascension (c)
Have Los Matadores take on The Ascension for the tag titles, and have Ascension retain displaying their dominance before moving to the main roster later in the year.

(6) NXT Breakthrough Battle Royal, Winner goes to main roster
Have the NXT rookies all fight out for a main roster spot. Sami Zayn can win it and go on to the main roster despite losing the NXT title earlier in the night.

So what do you guys think?? Is this a good idea, to showcase all the talent left off the big show??

People like the ones you've mentioned can be easily left off any show around Mania. It's that time of year when you showcase the elite. That's why I hate multi-man matches at Mania. WWE used to showcase talent on the biggest show of the year who then wouldn't be able to get themselves on a nothing "B" show.

There will be a few guys who are worthy of being on the main card, so book a two-hour pre-show to showcase some of the talent in well build matches.

People like the ones you've mentioned can be easily left off any show around Mania. It's that time of year when you showcase the elite. That's why I hate multi-man matches at Mania. WWE used to showcase talent on the biggest show of the year who then wouldn't be able to get themselves on a nothing "B" show.

There will be a few guys who are worthy of being on the main card, so book a two-hour pre-show to showcase some of the talent in well build matches.

That's my point though. I also hate those multi-man matches at Mania. What's the point of having Kane, Santino, Kofi and Big Show destroy The Corre in under 2 minutes?? There is absolutely no point. None of them needed to be on WrestleMania in the first place. But WWE puts them on the card for various reasons, one being to keep their morale high by putting them on the card.

I for one think you can keep the morale high without damaging the quality of the show. So move that multi tag match to NXTMania and showcase the rest of the talent there.

I put main roster talent versus NXT talent in 4 matches, and followed it up with an "everyone else match" and an NXT battle royal. Everyone gets to participate during Mania weekend without interfering with the show.

These midcarders would be bummed to be working autograph booths without actually working a match, but put them on NXTMania and they at least feel like they were being used and can look forward to be bumped up the card next year.

"have Booker T come out and squash him"

Why would you have a retired wrestler squash a new name that has yet to even debut on the roster (aside from last years start and stop)? Booker T does not get any over, but you telling the audience that Bo is a waste of time, especially if he cant get any offence in on a retired wrestler.

I think they should keep the NXT people away from the main roster until they are ready to come up. 2 separate worlds. Crossover between the 2 brands just reminds everyone that NXT is developmental and they are not yet on the level of the main stars.

I like the idea of a NXT super show. Guys get left off Mania all the time though just like 30 teams get left out of the Super Bowl. It's not a charity.

I would prefer if WWE did a 1 hour kickoff show for Wrestlemania that only had NXT superstars on it. Maybe have a Nxt divas title match, a Tag title match, the NXT title match and a number NXT title #1 contenders battle royal. Give the divas 10 minutes, tag title 10, NXT title 15 and the battle royal 15. That uses 50 minutes of matches on the 1 hour. If done correctly it would warm up the crowd and introduce a wider audience to NXT's top stars

I like the idea, but unfortunately, I don't believe the "WWE Universe" is ready for it yet. They really need to start showing NXT in America. That's where the future is. That's where the legs for this idea are. At that point you have more people who care about NXT roster.

At that point you can use the 1-hour NXT PPV preshow as a way to get people primed for a PPV and boost interests and buys similar to how they used to use Sunday Night Heat (although I might be biased. I loved me some Sunday Night Heat)

It's probably going to be the next edition of NXT Arrival. I can see that becoming the annual big NXT event and a chance to showcase the stars of tomorrow. I'm all for this. It could lead to a main roster promotion for a couple of them if things go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back