• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NXT - September 26, 2012 with KB

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
NXT
Date: September 26, 2012
Commentators: Byron Saxton, William Regal

Back to Florida for another NXT today. The main story now is Ohno vs. Steamboat which has been building up for a few weeks now. Other than that we have the Usos vs. Ascension in the main tag feud which may wind up being for a spot on the main rosters, which the Usos already have. Hopefully NXT can get its spark back tonight. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Back To Basics And They Still Work

KB, the crowd chanted "you tapped out" to Bo because he banged on the mat while in a submission hold. Still, that's the closest match I've seen on NXT to Bo getting used right. He's still being told to spend too long on offence for my liking though.

Jake seems to have inherited the "your girlfriend's favourite" schtick from his and Graves' late FCW run. Makes sense, as he's the "prettier" of the two and Graves always had the "bad boy" thing going for him. Him high fiving the fans wasn't smart though. Also, he needs trunks that don't have the FCW tag titles on them. Kruger's been awesome for years. This was no exception.

Ryback is awesome. As I have no liking of Ohno, I skipped him vs Steamboat.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing during the first half of that match. He was on offense for like three minutes straight.

Carter's tron video had Your Girlfriend's something but I couldn't make it out.

Ryback is indeed awesome and Ohno is indeed overrated so far.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing during the first half of that match. He was on offense for like three minutes straight.

My objection isn't that he's on offence for three minutes. It's that he's fucking terrible on offence. The guy's good at selling and building to a comeback. Not at dominating a match. His best matches have come from Kruger and Sandow, who realised that and let the fucker do what he's good at.

Carter's tron video had Your Girlfriend's something but I couldn't make it out.

It said "Your girlfriend's favorite". It's a reference to this (skip to 6:40 if you want Abe's whole promo, or 8:30 for just the tag team introduction, which is relavent to the moniker):

[YOUTUBE]pSVZ6QlWeYE[/YOUTUBE]

Ryback is indeed awesome and Ohno is indeed overrated so far.

Try dealing with him when he's facing a smegger like Seth Rollins, rather than someone more competent in Richie Steamboat.

I've seen enough of Rollins in ROH, and by that I mean abuot two matches, to know that would drive me crazy.

Talking about that reminds me how much I miss 2009/2010 FCW. Gabriel as champ defending against the likes of Sheamus and Kaval. Dudebusters, Usos, Fortunate Sons (Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig) and Los Aviadores (Hunico and Epico) in the tag division. Serena, AJ Lee and Naomi being the Women's division. Shit was awesome. Ah nostalgia, you are a bitch.

Chris Hero isn't overrated so much as his gimmick of just using strikes is killing him. His promo work has been pretty great though.

Leo Kruger is ok but we have enough psycho heels on the show as it is.

My favourite part of the show was the crowd during Hennig/Bo where they continue to chant "SHAH" at Hennig:
BO! SHAH! BO! SHAH! SHAH SHAH SHAH.

The crowd at full sail is pretty funny but not in an intentionally bad way like what the impact zone has become.

No. He is overrated. Spending the entirity of a match doing strikes is one thing (in fact, it's what Bo does 99% of the time he's on offence). Doing shit for no reason is another. Ohno was incredibly guilty of the latter in FCW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back