• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NWO 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cvaldezjr04

Occasional Pre-Show
So 2002 was quite the year, we began to see a lot of great careers coming to an end as well as new stars coming up. We saw the dream match of Hogan/Rock at WM. We saw the rebirth of the NWO with the 3 originals (hogan, hall, and nash). And we also saw what many of us thought we'd never see, and that's Eric Bischoff working for the WWE.

Now, I believe it was around June or July when Kevin Nash introduced Shawn Michaels as the newest member of the NWO, short time later, Nash gets hurt, Hall gets fired and the whole NWO thing just pretty much falls apart because VKM said so.

So my question for this thread is, If Nash wouldn't have gotten hurt and Hall would not have gotten fired, how would you have liked to have seen the NWO storyline continue with Shawn Michaels and the others(Show, Xpac, Nash...) would it have worked? Who else would you have brought in?

I'm not complaining about how things went down, quite frankly the Shawn Michaels vs HHH feud that began after that was awesome, culminating in some amazing and innovative matches...

I don't think it would have stuck around. Look how long the invasion storyline lasted (not nearly long enough).

The WWE NWO storyline would be great. Triple H would of joined eventually and made it even better with him and Shawn. The group at that time would of been Shawn, Nash, Triple H, X-Pac, and Big Show. Either Shawn or Triple H would of left the group and fought against the NWO with another faction.

What I hoped would happen is the NWO with Shawn Michaels as the leader against the newly formed Evolution with Triple H, Randy Orton, Batista, and Ric Flair even though Batista and Orton would of been recent main roster call ups.

Eric Bischoff would have came in for the nWo and would have made the storyline a whole lot better, especially if they turned against Vince and vowed to takeover WWE.

I think the storyline could have worked a whole lot better than it did, almost like a re-do of the Invasion angle.

The angle was dead when Jeff Jarrett joined in nWo 2000 Silver & Black after that they were continually beating a dead horse.

Once Hogan left & HBK joined they could have called it the Kliq and kept the angle going longer!

Eric Bischoff would have came in for the nWo and would have made the storyline a whole lot better, especially if they turned against Vince and vowed to takeover WWE.

I think the storyline could have worked a whole lot better than it did, almost like a re-do of the Invasion angle.

A redo of the invasion angle is actually a pretty good idea. Everyone knows the biggest problem with the invasion angle was the lack of big stars from WCW coming to the WWF in 2001. Now with Hogan, Hall, Nash, and Bischoff it could have worked better. Bischoff could claim that Vince and the WWF were able to beat WCW but they couldn’t beat the nwo. We could have seen Triple H joining the nwo just like we saw Austin join the alliance. HBK could have come back as the hero fighting for the WWE with his history with the guys in the nwo always leaving that little bit of doubt in our minds for a heel turn from him too. Ultimately I’m happy with the way things turned out. Hogan’s face run and HBK’s comeback, especially the match with HHH at SummerSlam, were awesome. It’s a fun angle to think about, but I think things turned out for the best.

Personally I was pretty disappointed with how that whole thing turned out. I would rather have seen Hogan turn face just like he did, and then have HBK & HHH join as well as X-Pac, then have some combination of Hall or Nash & HBK or HHH leave and reform DX and have them feud together, and slowly add and remove a few select other people from both groups until Hall, Nash, HBK, HHH, & X-Pac had been in both groups during that new era.

Either that or just said screw it, this 5 man stable is The Kliq and we've got it all over the 4-horsemen and if you don't like it we've got 2 words for'ya.

BTW a little remembered fact is that nWo also used the "we've got 2 words for'ya" comment too for a while, as well as the whole making an X at their crotch too, and throughout their careers those five always touched their little 'goatheads' together. (That's what she said)

i think it woulde been dope what with eric bischoff comin in the same night vince disbanded the nWo, then they couldve turned on vince and really started to f*ck around with stars on raw and smackdown, add mr perfect and big poppa pump too, have shawn in for a bit til nWo turns on wwf, then he joins with hhh and we could have nWo vs dx at survivor series....so many possibilites with the nWo, such a shame it wast meant to be

Having Hall, Nash, and Hogan in a WWF ring in No Way Out 2002 was one of my personal wrestling dreams come true. Too bad the whole thing didnt last long. The first couple of months were very cool, the storyline of Austin vs Hall, and Hogan vs Rock.

Unfortunately, majority of fans were cheering for Hogan, loving the guy, which eventually Hogan had to go back to the red and yellow, Hall was released, and Austin left and took his ball home in June of that year. I think Nash had an injury and that kind of hurt things as well. Then they added Booker T, Big Show, and Flair to the nWo mix, which did nothing to help the cause. The whole thing just broke apart fast.

Yes Vince did bring back the nWo for the fans, but I dont think he was fully behind it in terms of it surviving. I think he quickly wanted to move on with something else.

I'm not a VKM hater, but he probs would have had it fizzle out some how, anything that wasn't his company's creation gets fizzled and made to look like it was never as good as anything that he created, just look at the dvds about wcw.

Still, it was awesome, the bad part was having Hall vs Austin though, it should've been the outsiders vs new age outlaws, that would've been friggin great.

Rock vs Hogan was one of the all time classics, and imo hogan should've stayed heel for a long run as the nWo leader, I never really bought his return to red and yellow, and I'm a super hogan fan. The thing that was so great about heel hogan was that we all knew he couldn't wrestle anymore and it worked perfectly with his gimmick of escaping the ring, using his belt, and just generally not following the rules.

I believe Triple H would have joined and took over the leadership..Him and HBK would have feuded about who's the leader (HOGAN MACHO) then Nash,Hall and Pac would have turned on HBK and HHH and HBK would have had there classic battles still, like they did anyways after Vince shutdown the nWo.

honestly, i don't think it would have gone for much longer had nash not gotten hurt. the biggest problem is that you would have eventually had hhh join it but he was already a top draw at that time. both shawn and nash would also have been top guys in the company. they would have had the three of them start fighting between themselves fairly soon and probably within 6 months, the nWo would have died. that is all assuming they booked them as the strong force they needed to be which probably wouldn't have happened. i liked it when they brought the nWo into wwe from a fan point of view but i think that was one idea that should have stayed in wcw and not been used. it was just dead by the time they tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back