Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
images
# 3 The Fabulous Moolah vs # 14 Lita
images

This match will take place in San Fransisco, California

1.) Not a popularity contest, tournament based on in ring skills

2.) Will rules of a region come into play (the entrance ramp is on the same level as the ring)

3.) Will the crowd be a factor

the legend that is moolah against lita... i'm hoping the popular vote doesn't carry this as lita wasn't actually that good. She rode the popularity of matt and jeff, and showed enough of her ass to keep people interested. but come on, she's against an institution in moolah...surely the popular vote has some brains

Lita's popularity is undeniable, and I think she was very athletic and I appreciate the fact that she is a legitimate professional wrestler instead of a fitness model looking for a way on to television. Moolah, however is one of the most dominating professional wrestlers ever. Moolah's first world title reign was longer than Lita's entire career. It's true that Moolah was a heel and would cheat or get DQ'd, but she was also great at getting a hold of her opponent and just beating her down. I hope people at least consider her before automatically going with the more recent performer.

the legend that is moolah against lita... i'm hoping the popular vote doesn't carry this as lita wasn't actually that good. She rode the popularity of matt and jeff, and showed enough of her ass to keep people interested. but come on, she's against an institution in moolah...surely the popular vote has some brains

It's strange that you should say that Lita was popular because she showed "enough ass," when really Lita's been credited as the diva that got cheered for you know...wrestling, which is much different (and more difficult from what I hear) than showing one's ass. And as for riding off the popularity of Matt and Jeff, I really doubt it because she was getting cheered while with Essa Rios, and I remember people chanting Lita's name when she valeted the Hardys, and I also remember people cheering her for years after she left the Hardy Boys. And nothing makes me more annoyed boil more than when people say Lita wasn't very good. Go rewatch her feuds/matches with Jacqueline, Chyna, Trish, Molly, Jazz, heck even Victoria, and then come back to me. Was she perfect? Heck no. Did she make mistakes? Yes. Is she as bad as some people make her out be? No! The only time I can ever say that Lita was consistently sloppy in the ring is 2006, and I firmly believe that, that's because she had lost her passion for wrestling (which she has mentioned several times in interviews).

Sorry for the mini-rant, but I do tend to get passionate about Lita. :blush:

Anyways, I'm guessing most people will vote for Moolah, not Lita, just because Moolah is seen as a legend, and rightfully so, but I have not seen enough of Moolah's matches to really judge her in ring skills fairly. I definitely think the crowd will come into play, especially because we have two very different styles in this type of match and two very different women.

Flames Out
Dragon

Lita's poor work toward the end soured it for me, that's all dragon. As for the ass comments...i'm merely suggesting her ring attire led to that conclusion, and as a young teenager when she was in her prime, I have just cause. lol

However, I was a little harsh on her. she was never the worst diva on the roster and pulled off some good moves. I wouldn't say she was the greatest, since IMO, Jazz and Molly were always better than her. and it can't be denied that the Hardy's helped her out big time. i don't think she would have had the longevity she had without them. it can't be proven, it's just opinion. But i don't think that think that she can take out moolah.

I'm glad to see that Moolah is winning this. She's the right person to vote for. Both women are seen as women that really influenced female wrestling, but I think Moolah's influence extends farther than Lita's.

On another note I must say I am in LOVE with the Fabulous Moolah vs Leilani Kai match up. Very nice match, and both ladies did wonderful. I'd recommend that match to anyone who isn't very familar with Moolah's work.

Flames Out
Dragon

Moolah was terrible. The woman sucked serious balls. You can put that down to the style at the time. Or maybe the woman just didn't know how to work. She's only famous because of her long ass title reign, which she didn't defend for years, and the fact that she was pretty tough outside the ring.

Lita is fine I guess. Nothing special. Like Trish she only showed personality once she turned heel. If it wasn't for the moonsault she wouldn't be praised as much. For a woman who's considered so great I haven't really seen that many decent matches oit of her. But she's better than Moolah so she get's my vote.

1.) Not a popularity contest, tournament based on in ring skills
Highlighting this one simple rule again, if you think Moolah was a good wrestler, then you never saw her wrestle. I'm not going to go into to all the politics and finagling she did to get her position in the industry. But I will state that I don't think Lita was that good either. I am, however, voting for Lita simply because she is the lesser of two evils... in so many ways... but because she was more athletic, if not really impressive in her own right, than Moolah.

I hate this matchup this early it should've been a third round matchup. I think Lita is actually underrated. She is a very athletic lady. I would've loved to see her and Trinity in a match. However she is facing the only true legend in the women's rank. I have to go with Moolah.

Im Seriously About To Barf!!!! I Thought This Was A Respectable Tournament? How In The Blue Jesus Could Anyone Vote Lita Over Moolah? Are You People Blind? Do You Even Truly Care About Womens Wrestling? I Think Not....

Are You People Blind?
If you think Moolah was a good wrestler, you probably are. That said, Lita wasn't that good either... but, as I think I previously stated, she was/is the lesser of two evils in this match up... in so many ways that don't matter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back