• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now what for adamle?

mcflyboy

Pre-Show Stalwart
Honestly I was surprised last Monday with Adamle's resignation. What's left for him to do now? Obviously his resignation is all storyline-related, but what do you think will happen next? I can't see him taking another turn as an announcer or interviewer. Maybe a manager? We don't really see much in the way of managers anymore either though, so I'm not sure on that one.

I suppose he could end up in a position to bischoff near the end of his term with the WWE...still under WWE contract, collecting paychecks, but no role on television. Although I thought I read that Adamle was paid a lot of money to sign with the WWE, so I can't imagine not using him in some capacity.

Any ideas/thoughts/predictions? Maybe bump him over to smackdown, have a vickie vs. adamle feud for survivor series, where each has their respective teams? That could be interesting, but for some reason I doubt it will happen.

This is a tough one, but i'd have to say have Adamle manage whoever Orton's feuding with. It would be perfect for their feud, and at the end maybe have Adamle win in a real match against Orton thus turning Adamle into a face manager. That's the only real role I can see for Adamle now. He sucked as an announcer and quit Manager so thats really the only thing left.

i beleive that adamle is done with the wwe, it was a deal that they threw him in to the situation hoping for the best, and he just wasn't happy.

Adamle had a pretty uneventful run as general manager. He had alot of people who hate him and the WWE could have easily turned him into a Vickie like general manager and he is hateable enough to get massive heat but instead he stayed pretty much neutral through out. The guy still sucks and can't talk in front of a live crowd without screwing up alot, and it's been reported that he gets a pretty hefty paycheck so I think the WWE should just quietly part ways with him. I don't think anybody would really mind anyways.

adamle is pretty cool, but i didn't think he would be gm for long. i liked his "adamle originals", but he was kind of a wuss. i'm hopin for teddy long to come over to raw and maybe like tommy dreamer will be the gm for ecw. that would be awesome.

When he first showed up, I didn't care. Then he became ECW commentator, and I hated him. I missed Joey Styles. Then, he became GM, and I learned that he was a worker who was legitimately trying to improve.

Now, I know this is storyline based, but I'd hope to see more from him in the company. Anyone who is willing to work hard to improve should have some place in the WWE, especially since the fans already know who he is. I don't think he belongs behind the announce table, but if Vickie Guerrero ever got ousted from the GM role on Smackdown, I wouldn't mind Adamle filling the role.

Another something that he could do is be a manager. He wouldn't have as many speaking roles, but could still be active. Managers are underrated right now anyways.

Wrestlezone said:
Mike Adamle is apparently finished with WWE after "quitting" as the General Manager of Raw. It is unknown at this time whether or not he's finished with the company altogether or simply for the short term while creative thinks of something else for him. Reports indicate that both Adamle and WWE agreed last week that he was not a good fit for the wrestling business and that although they tried to make it work, he would be better off leaving the industry.
Well, according to this it looks like Adamle is finished with the wrestling industry altogether, and I agree with this decision. He didn't look very comfortable whenever he was speaking and I don't think many people really care about him. That being said, if he does come back then I think being a manager would be good for him. He owuldn't really have to do much as a manager. Managers are scarce nowadays in the WWE and anyway, it would be better than him being an commentator again.

In a way, I do feel sorry for the guy. He copped a lot of shit when he was an interviewer just because he made a few mistakes on live television. People weren't willing to give him a chance as an ECW commentator. He did improve slighly, but he wasn't good at all. People were bitching about how great Joey Styles was, even though he was extremely overrated as a commentator. So the WWE does the unthinkable by placing Mike Adamle as the General Manager of Monday Night Raw. When he first started in that position, he wasn't good at all. But he did improve over time, which is something many of you can't see.

You have to look at it this way, the guy basically knew nothing about wrestling and he tried his best to improve. He was a fair general manager, without being a heel or face. It was fresh and unique. His 'Adamle Originals' were entertaining, more specifically his Championship Scramble matches. Even though he tried his very best to improve, he just never looked comfortable on WWE television. The WWE made the right decision to remove him as the GM of Raw. He is definately replaceable, and I do hope he leaves the wrestling business forever. That will suit both the WWE and Adamle himself.

The WWE tried and Mike Adamle tried to make it work, but at the end of the day you either have the "it" factor, or you don't. So I do think it's best that the WWE release him so he can go on with whatever he really wants to do, he just isn't needed in the WWE. He got his fat paycheck, but all good things must come to an end.

It sounds like Adamle is done from reports but I won't count it out yet. Adamle was acting kind of heelish with Stephanie on RAW near the end of his possible last appearance. Maybe he will return in some type of Heel role like Vickie Guerrero.. He might be better as a Heel because of the fact of being disliked so much..

I think on Monday Adamle actually left for good. The creative team and WWE managment apparently decided he was'nt good enough for the wrestling business and they were getting fed up of his constant botches on the mic. I personally can't see Adamle taking anyother role in the WWE, whether as an announcer or as a manager. He simply isn't cut out for the wrestling business by the looks of things.

When he was GM there was no connection with the fans,no one looked forward or hated to see him. There was just nothing there. whereas if you compared him to other GM's like Regal and Bischoff, they allwys got a pop. Adamle was just bland and boring and you could tell he just did'nt seem comfortable when taking on the mic.

I am pretty sure we will never see Adamle in the WWE again, what can they use him for? If he isn't cut out to read scripts without botching what could they do with him? Would they use him backstage? i very much doubt they would. Even if Adamale is getting a huge paycheck i can't see WWE letting him back on TV.

if Adamle was to reappear on WWE programming i doubt he'll move over to Smackdown as the OP said. Vickie vs Adamle??? LOL..that would be worse the Hogan selling a clothesline. What could anyone find entertaining about that "feud"?

So i think Monday was Adamle's last appearance so Bye Bye Adamle xD

I am pretty sure we will never see Adamle in the WWE again, what can they use him for? If he isn't cut out to read scripts without botching what could they do with him? Would they use him backstage? i very much doubt they would. Even if Adamale is getting a huge paycheck i can't see WWE letting him back on TV.

Mike Adamle is done with WWE, at least for the short term. There is a good chance he won't be returning. The word backstage is that both WWE and Adamle came to an agreement that he was just not cut out for the business, so he was taken off television. Many found it fitting that on what was probably his final night with the company, he screwed up his lines in true Adamle fashion.

The sad thing is that when Orton talked about Adamle's failures on Raw before his resignation as GM most of what he said was true. He's failed everything he's done in WWE. He lacks presence on-screen and generally seems to have absolutely no knowledge about the product. Waste of both WWE and the fans' time was Adamle.

The only positive thing I can remember about Adamle was when he was on the Dirt Sheet when he, JoMo, Miz and Funaki had a seance with Paul Bearer. That was actually hilariously funny. I think that's what they should have done in the first place; give Adamle an *intentionally* comedy role in the company. With his goofyness he fails at being serious, so why didn't they build off of that?

But that time is past now. It would be better to just fire him, but that would of course prove that WWE aren't always the best guys when it comes to business calls, something they might not want to. But I dare you to find anyone to make a good and likely excuse for Adamle's blatant unprofessionalism. Goodbye Mike.

Yeah, no great loss. Adamle was a sucky commentator and a bland, dull GM. Particularly when compared to Regal. What's really interesting is not "what does Adamle do now", it's "who's the next RAW GM?". There are quite a few interesting options. My preferred one would be to see them go back to Regal, assuming they can trust him not to screw up again. Regal gets amazing heat and is sheer gold on the mic. He's a wonderful actor and plays his character beautifully. JBL would be another interesting option: I'd prefer that he go back to announcing, but a GM role could develop his character. At least it would get him the fuck out of the ring. Or maybe Michaels? Thoughts?

i was watching the old american gladiators and who do i see, adamle as the interviewer!!!no one can forget his annoying voince and lame remarks...i liked raw with regal as gm up to before wrestlemania 24(even though i began watching wwe in january)

It surprises me that some folks are saying that Adamle tried hard to improve. I didn't see it that way at all. Even after reading from printed cards, he still called Kane "The Big Red Monster" and made other mistakes of that nature.

The least he could have done was watch past broadcasts of the show he was going to work for and try to learn about the business and it's characters.

Instead, he did no preparation and showed little interest in learning.

If he's gone, I think it's great.

With Adamle gone, who is going to be the next Raw General Manager?

I think there are several options...

1) Leave the position open for awhile and have Shane and Stephanie run the program. However, idk if the McMahons want to be the focus on the show. I do think they make for quality program.

2) What ever happened to Vince? I think Vince could come back and we could see a fued with him and Shane like there was a few years ago. Vince would be one the side of Randy Orton, Shane would have John Cena. This would make the move of giving Cena a title match without having been on televison for months. Adamle could even work his way back into the program, possibly siding with Batista. Setting up a Triple Theat Match between the them for leadership of RAW.

3) Hire a new GM. Maybe a former wrestler or personality. Some candidates that come to mind, Stone Cold, Kennedy.

4) I think it would be awesome for the WWE to hold an election. Have several candidates, have several weeks of debates and each gets a turn to be GM for a week. Having the fans and "entertainers" vote. I think that if you give the fans the chance to vote for their choice for GM it would help draw people into the programming. Making it feel like they had something to do with what is happening makes it worth watching.

Overall, I think WWE needs to do something to help their programming. Watching RAW the past few weeks it feels like there is no point to the show. No real storylines. Looking at Survior Series the main event (Cena-Jericho), what hype has there been. We haven't seen Cena in a ring since Summerslam and have had his injury promos shoved down our throats. They have tried to make JBL-Michaels seem like a fued, but just doesn't feel right. Michael-Morrison seems more appropriate. Why did WWE take the title off Santino? For Regal, sweet, just what people want to see. Why not give Ted Jr a push?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back