Nonito Donaire Demolished Fernando Montiel

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
On HBO, Saturday night, Nonito Donaire destroyed his opponent, Fernando Montiel. I predicted this by decision, but he handled him in less than two complete rounds. He actually put a dent in his head. Literally. Not an exaggeration.

Montiel is a top fighter, too. Not just in the weight division, which is 118 pounds. But he is a top fighter, pound for pound and he was destroyed. Figured I'd post this result, considering that I mentioned this previously in a thread about boxing and it's ups and downs.

Brilliant display of skills by Donaire. I give Montiel some major points from getting up from a punch that seemed to punch his face off skull in super slow motion.

Even though it went on for less than two rounds, it was still a great fight to see. I was shocked that the ref let it continue, there was no way Cochulito would have been able to come back from that beautifuly timed counter. Nonito Donaire, wow, I'm was speechless. I knew Donaire had a good chance of winning, but in no way did I see him winning like that. Truly a complete boxer, and I would love to him fight the winner of Agbeko vs. Mares. I believe he would have the advantage against either one though.

As for Cochulito, I could see him go up against the loser of Agbeko vs. Mares, or maybe the winner of Perez vs. Darchinyan. I just hope he's alright, and hope he can make a quick recovery. Also, I hope this defeat doesn't affect him in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back