Non-Wrestler of the Decade

Discussion in '2009 Wrestling Awards' started by Mr. TM, Dec 10, 2009.

?

NWOTD

1. Eric Bischoff

2. Paul Heyman

3. Mike Tenay

4. Jeremy Borash

5. Jim Cornette

6. Jom Ross

7. Dixie Carter

8. Teddy Long

9. Vickie Guerrero

10. Vince McMahon

11. Maria

12. The Coach

13. Don West

14. Mike Adamle

15. OTHER (Please Specify)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Nominees:

Eric Bischoff
    Paul Heyman
    Mike Tenay
    Jeremy Borash
    Jim Cornette
    Jim Ross
    Dixie Carter
    Teddy Long
    Vickie Guerrero
    Vince McMahon
    Maria
    The Coach
    Don West
    Mike Adamle

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

2. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Vickie Guerrero, now close the poll.

Nah, she wins though, I have never seen a character gather so much heat. I don't even think that Vince McMahon could make people boo like she could. She made the fans hate her so much you couldn't here most people over the boos. But we could still hear her. her "Excuse me, excuse me" pissed the fans off so well, how she could go from the widower of the great Eddie Guerrero to the most hated person in the WWE shocks me to this day.

3. DiscipleofWrestling

DiscipleofWrestling Getting Noticed By Management

EXCUSE ME!!!!

I SAID EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

With two to four words, no one else in WWE since Vince McMahon's run against Steve Austin has EVER gotten that type of heel heat like Vickie Guerrero. Once you remove your opinion of her, you come to the fact that she does her job too damn well. A segment can be absolutely bombing, but once you hear those two annoying words said with the vile accent of Vickie Guerrero's voice, the crowd comes alive and starts booing the hell out of her. Sure, you may not be able to hear a word that happens, but that's showing how well her character works in getting the crowd riled up.

If it wasn't for Vickie Guerrero, I would have voted for Jim Ross just because he's made so much of this decade's worst matches somewhat watchable and been absolutely brilliant in the best of the 2000's.

4. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

I went with JB. He's the most recognizable non-wrestling face in TNA, and his work outside of TNA makes me a big fan of him. He put together the Forever Hardcore documentary, which is must-see for just about any wrestling fan.

Vickie deserves a ton of votes too...Not must for her recent stuff, but I guess as a sympathy vote for losing Eddie, and persevering through it all...

5. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I ended up picking Vince. Say what you will about the man, but his heel "Mr McMahon" boss character has remained relevant this entire decade. Every time his music came on and he walked out, you knew something big was about to happen. Every single time for more than ten years. Vince McMahon is the non-wrestler of the decade because of his character having such a huge impact for the whole decade.

6. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Vince McMahon, for a non-wrestler he sure does have entertaining matches. Mostly overlong and overbooked, but most Vince matches are always worth at least a second viewing.

Also a peerless on screen performer. Great character who can easily transition from serious to stupid.

7. posterboyforperfection

posterboyforperfection Dark Match Jobber

this was a toss up for me between The Coach and Vickie Guerrero, Im not a fan of either two but Vickie has proven that she really knows how to draw great heel heat. I went with Coach because just look at how his character developed over the decade. He went from being the backstage interviewer that the Rock always picked on to being a man who would stand up for himself even if he let other ppl fight his battles as much as he could he really came into his own

8. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

This should go to McMahon easily. He's been relevant this whole decade from the HHH/Stephanie faction and the Invasion storyline to feuding with HBK and being part of the HHH/Orton feud. We can't forget about Million Dollar Mania and the illegitimate child fiasco. He did something almost every year of the decade and he had three decent Wrestlemania matches which is better than 95% of the WWE roster.

9. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I'm going with Don West, just because his heel turn was so awesome. He was actually a reason that I'd watch Impact every week, not just an afterthought like most commentators. I could listen to his heelish rants all day long.

Bischoff should be in consideration as well. The whole thing with him on Raw was pretty big.

10. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

I feel disgusted with myself for voting for Vince McMahon. But it had to be done. Vince ran ECW and WCW out of business in this decade and turned professional wrestling into a billion dollar industry. The WWE now makes movies, has top selling video games, and moves merchandise by the ton. Not to mention that Vince was involved in some of the most significant on air storylines of the decade. Not too shabby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.