• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nobody wants to buy my car. :(

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
14xfneq.jpg

1966 Buick Electra 225.
401 or 425 Nailhead V8. Haven't checked the front of the engine block. The breather says 445 Wildcat but that stands for 445 ft. lb. of torque. It's 100% original from bumper-to-bumper. It's missing a fenderskirt on the left side and has a tiny dent in the rear fender on the passenger's side. It was sitting in this yard down the road from a friend's house for years and me and my dad drove past it, there was never anybody home and the front door had a sign that said "Do Not Disturb Please" so we never did. We were on our way to said friend's house when I saw someone walk in the front door of the house. I told my dad and he said nope, I reassured him and we went back. The car belonged to this woman's ex-husband and he had left it here after they divorced. We said we'd pay no more then a couple hundred for it and she said she'd talk to her husband. She called a couple weeks later and asked if we'd barter for the car. My dad and a friend went to her house and pulled up hedges in front of her house for the car. We were trying to get it started and my dad couldn't figure out why it was spinning over but not starting. I asked if it had points, he said yes and adjusted them and the 401 or 425 came to life and after about 5 minutes of it idleing it smoothed over and ran perfect. We put it on CraigsList for $3200 but dropped the price down to $2500. A guy came by and was looking at it and was pumping the brake saying "this bitch has great brakes on it" and broke the brake line. So that's all that's wrong with it. We're in the process of painting it flat black. That's my dad in the picture by the way..

For whatt?! I didn't say "HEY YOU WANNA BUY A CAR!" I was telling a story of how I acquired an amazing piece of machinery and t'was odd that no one has bought it yet. I never said anything about anyone buying it. It was written assuming there has to be someone in the forums that appreciate old cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back