No Way Out 2009 vs Elimination Chamber 2011

Which WWE PPV was better?

• No Way out 2009

• Elimination chamber 2011

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
So I am doing a non Wrestlemania PPV this time.

Elimination Chamber was originally a match type but like Hell in a Cell and TLC soon got it's own event that replaced No Way out. So today we have the 2009 vs 2011 editions of the event. I did not like the 2010 event that much and I was thinking about using 2008 (NO Way Out) but decided that 2009 was better IMO. You could argue that these two are seperate PPVs but.

#1. They are in the same slot and are very similar.

#2. Its wrestling PPVs so you can compare any of them. Anyway that side lets get started.

No Way Out 2009 was held on February 15, 2009 i the Key arena Seattle, Washington with an attendance of about 11,000 fans, It featured of course the 2 Elimination Chamber matches Raw: John Cena (c) vs Rey Mysterio, Vs Mike Knox, vs Chris Jericho vs Kane, Vs Edge who replaced at assaulted Kofi Kingston. And Smackdown:Edge (c) vs The Undertaker vs, Triple H, Vs Jeff Hardy vs The Big Show, vs Vladimir Kozlov. Other matches included Randy Orton vs Shane McMahon, Shawn Micheals vs JBL, and Jack Swagger vs Finlay. My favorite is the Raw elimination Chamber because it was several times more appealing than the SD Chamber match. The ending sequence is also the best one of any Chamber match. Shane O Mac vs Randy Orton comes in second place due to being just so fun to watch. The SD chamber sadly is in my top 3 (at #3) worst chamber matches as Kozlov and Show bored the living shit out of me, BOTH times I watched the match. I also find it funny that Kozlov is on the promotional poster.

Elimination Chamber was held on February 20, 2011 in the Oracle arena i Oakland California with an attendance of about 11,500 fans. It featured the annual Elimination Chamber matches that included Raw: John Morrison, CM Punk, King Sheamus(at the time), Randy Orton, R-Truth, and John Cena and the Smackdown: Edge vs Wade Barrett, vs Kane, vs Big Show, vs Rey Mysterio, vs Drew McIntyre. .
Other matches included are Jerry "the king" Lawler vs The Miz, Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston, and The Corre vs Santino and Kozlov (see the difference between where he is at here compared to where he is at in this events opponent right now:suspic:). My favorite match here is the Raw elimination chamber due to Jomo and his crazy spots. Punk and Sheamus also did a great job. R-Truth had a hilarious epic fail, and Cena was good too as he always is. This is the second most insane chamber after the original but I think creativity is very present in this match as compared to the original in 2002.

My Pick here is 2009. It is very hard to compare Elimination Chamber matches but I think that all of 2011's chamber matches were better than the 2009 SD one and about equal to the 2009 Raw one (well the 2011 SD is equal to it, the Raw 2011 is superior the way I see it.) All that aside when you look at the matches in the under card No Way out destroys EC. Shane vs Randy was much better than anything on the 2011 under card, as well as HBK vs JBL. On a side note both these events had excellent theme songs!

Note: I am viewing the EC 2011 Wikipedia page and there are flags next to each Chamber participant representing their nationality :lmao:. Also it is very cool to play both videos at the same time as I found out in my Wrestlemania threads:).

Highlights

[YOUTUBE]szEwZ82s9eQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FVeV47pxMNk[/YOUTUBE]

Which February event was superior? Why?

It's hard for me to say because I think overall 2009 was a better event that I loved, but I saw Elimination Chamber 2011 live and it was one of the greatest expeiriences of my life, and even though the matches outside the 2 chamber matches we're amazing that was made up for by the Raw and Smackdown Chamber matches. Each event was very memorable, at 09 you have Edge losing his title in one match only to get into the other and win there, and at EC 2011 you have moments like J Mo climbing to the center of the chamber's roof and dropping down on Sheamus and Randy hitting Punk with an RKO while he was stuck halfway out of his pod.

Going of other matches at each PPV I think No Way Out definitely takes the cake, while EC 11 had a great match between Alberto Del Rio and Kofi Kingston it gets blown away by Randy vs Shane(not amazing but entertaining), Swagger vs Finlay for the ECW title and HBK vs JBL.

Overall I would say that 2009 was better, but for me personally 2011 will always be better because of the experience I had there, and the matches were still excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back