No Surrender - Tournament Semifinals: Mr. Anderson v. The Pope

Who?!?!?

• Anderson Cooper

• The Leader Of The Catholic Church

Results are only viewable after voting.

gd

Plump, Juicy User
The second semifinal of the tournament where the winner goes on to fight for the title at Bound For Glory involves Pope, who defeated Matt Morgan last week, and Anderson, who defeated the Macho Man. This is a rematch of the main event of Against All Odds, where Pope won to get a title shot.

This should be pretty good. Like I said, their match at AAO was decent, but nothing special. Pope has been surprisingly good throughout his run in TNA, despite the fact that he's Elijah Burke, while Anderson has been pretty hit or miss, especially when he's not facing men named Kurt Angle.

I fully expect Anderson to win here as an Angle/Anderson matchup at BFG seems like the only possible outcome given the men reamaining in this tournament. TNA is surely looking to capitilize on these two men after they had what was certainly the match of the year in April.

What are your thoughts, hopes, dreams, expecations, fantasies for this match? Who do you see winning and who do you see going home crying to mama? I need to know.

Yeah, Anderson is winning this one. Anderson is, alongside with Kurt Angle the best choice to hold the world title right now in TNA. Some might think Pope is ready, but I don't. I see Anderson being ready to carry the company if needed, and he's definitely a better choice than Pope.

Not expecting anything huge out of this match, I'm guessing it'll be a decent one. But I'm not counting on a lot. Time will show however if they can deliver.

I like having Pope in this match, because he kind of seemed to be falling back into obscurity, but I like having him in the final 4. Unfortunately for him, the Asshole is destined to win this one.

These two had a fun match back at Against All Odds earlier this year, so im expecting a pretty solid match here.

I know these guys can put on a really solid match, but the big question is, will TNA booking feel the same way? Hopefully they get enough time to put on a good one, and hopefully it's a clean bout.

As much as I really want The Pope to win this match, I just don't see it happening and Mr. Anderson is going to pick up this win and head to the finals at Bound For Glory. I think TNA really wants to go with a Angle vs Anderson main event at BFG. Anderson is very capable of becoming TNA Champion. He has been on a solid role lately and I'm looking forward to this match. It should be a solid match, and even though I think Anderson is winning this one, it is way less predictable than the Angle/Hardy match.

Like others, I would expect to see an Anderson/Angle final for the world title. I know most people would expect Angle to win due to his "Champion or retire" vow, but this scenario would also set up the perfect opportunity for an Anderson heel turn. He could beat Angle by cheating, or with outside interference, & that could give Angle an excuse not to retire. He could say he never really lost, and TNA could re-ignite a feud that was arguably the best of the year so far, in any company.

It's almost funny how (so far at least) we've given The Pope a 0% chance at winning after how great he looked in that 8 man stud tournament. I believe he beat 2 guys in 1 night then got beaten the hell up backstage and still went on to beat Anderson.

Anyways, yes the Asshole wins this one hands down so we can have the big Anderson/Angle rematch at BFG they started teasing on ReAction. Should be quite the decent match.

Anderson will win this one, he is getting closer to the world title as of recently and this will be his big break..However, I don't expect him to overcome Angle...But it would be good to see where TNA go with this!

Anderson and Pope had a pretty good match at Against All Odds and I think that they could have another good match at No Surrender. Anderson gets the win in a good match, and goes on to face Angle at BFG who had a fantastic feud in March and hopefully have a great match like they did at Lethal Lockdown.

I got to say Anderson myself.

but the thing on my mind, is this crazy idea that there might be a heel turn, and not by Anderson either, that would really surprise everyone. we all expect Anderson to turn again soon, why not have pope do it, after he loses to anderson at NS, totally snap and blame anderson for not being able to be the champion, take it back to the injury that sidelined him for those few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back