• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[No Surrender] Sonjay Dutt v. Zema Ion (C) [X Divison Championship]

Who wins?

• Sonjay Dutt

• Zema Ion

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Surrender 2012
Sonjay Dutt v. Zema Ion (C)
TNA X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

558653_10151096991166026_1334912118_n.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Fl2ijkw5qVc[/YOUTUBE]

All discussion here.​

Honestly, given the total and absolute non buildup of this match, kinda gotta go with Zema Ion retaining the title here. Seriously, where did this match even come from? I feel like they just threw it in there so that the X Division title would have a match on PPV. That's the only reason. Just to add this after posting, how much sense does it make to just randomly throw this match together and not a TV title match when Devon is probably leaving the company? Shouldn't they take the title off of him and give it to somebody else?

I agree with jtolliver. Due to the total lack of build to this match I see Ion winning it. I guess him getting a win over Dutt will be a good win for him. Would have meant more back when Dutt was more active. What happened to Kenny King anyway? I am sure this match will be good, but I would have liked to see some build up.

This is for sure the match of the evening where I will be heading over to the fridge for a snack and perhaps also walking the dogs if it goes on for too long. I still have some blueberries left in the fridge, if any remain by sunday that's probably what I'll go grab while this match is on to enjoy during whatever comes on next. I'm not a fan of Zema Ion and I never could stand Sonjay Dutt. Of all the people on the roster, why is HE getting a title shot!? He sucks! Granted he's better than he was back in 2008, but he's still awful. TNA has also made absolutely no effort to make me care about this match regardless of my dislike for both contenders.

I can see it going on first, with Zema retaining. He may not be much to write home about, but Dutt would be even worse of a choice for champion. I don't think it will be the worst in terms of in-ring quality, I just am not interested in it in the slightest due to the lack of build up plus my dislike of both wrestlers who will be participating in the match. It's the match I am least interested in on the card by a rather large margin so having it go on first to get it out of the way would be nice. Then we can move on to the good stuff. Zema moves on to someone who hopefully is better for the title than him while Dutt moves on to some filler feud no one cares about.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Zema Ion retains the X Division Championship.

Pretty much a throwaway match here with no build whatsoever. I've never been overly impressed with Zema Ion, the guy just comes off as another in a long line of X Division spot monkeys. However, Ion takes this match.

If I'm not mistaken, TNA hasn't signed Dutt to a standard contract as he's still be out on the indy circuit.

I'm sure this will be filled with all the flashy spots one has come to expect but I can't say as I care about either guy.

I have never liked Sonjay Dutt and as he isn't even a full-time member of the roster I can't see TNA putting the X-Division title on him, its almost a certainty that Zema Ion will retain the belt.

It should be a decent enough match, and even though I dislike Dutt and nearly dislike Ion as much, they will probably work a standard spot-filled X-division match which will be ok for the 10 minutes or so it will get.

Ion is doing a good job of making people dislike him, he is a horrible character so I guess he is doing his job ok. I still don't buy into him as X Champ though, so I look forward to the day when someone better takes the belt, hopefully Kenny King or Kid Kash. It won't be Sonjay Dutt though.

Winner: Zema Ion

Sadly, I don't care a bit for this match. This is the first time I have been able to say this about an X-Division PPV match in well over a year. I feel like TNA has put so much focus into the BFG Series, that its other divisions are falling faster and faster. They are the best at throwing together random matches for PPV's.

Ion wins. Gains some cheap heat in the process.

Definitely in the mix for worst PPV match of 2012...right up there with Kid Kash vs Hernandez. Both these guys are terrible.

Im so annoyed that this match has NO buildup it really bugs me Zema has been a horrible champ and I would love to see Dutt pick up the victory but it wont happen Ion will retain and defend against Sorensen if hes ready to return at BFG. Gotta go with Zema here.

Sonjay Dutt vs Zema Ion.Now I've said plenty of times how much I hate Ion, but I must say he's been doing well as champ.Only problem is he hasn't had any opponents on a consitent basis to test his skills.Now I'm not sure what TNA wants to do with the X-Division in the future, but I thought Kenny King was the next in line to hold that title.Helps when the TNA World Champion tells the world he's great, it can only help.This isn't about Kenny King though, Ion's opponent is a man who was one of the originals in the X-Division in TNA glory days.I remember saying to myself man, when will Shelley win the X-Division title and that happened and I thought the same about Sonjay.Dutt is always willing to put his body on the line, and make your mouth drop with his matches.My prediciton for the winner I have to say Ion, and I hope Dutt finally gets that Title run he should of been given many years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back