[No Surrender] RVD v. Magnus

Who wins?

• Rob Van Dam

• Magnus

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
ImpactWrestling.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Surrender 2012
RVD v. Magnus

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

540152_10151096991116026_439253194_n.jpg

299_778faba3e3dc8c6c6db24b403da494ae_m.jpg

[YOUTUBE]J91mWFXp3a8[/YOUTUBE]

All discussion here.​

Reactions: IHW
IDR, have I ever mentioned how classy all of your TNA pay-per-view match threads are? You really go above and beyond the call of duty to make them look fucking awesome, and I think somebody - that somebody being me, at the very least - should call you out for it. Well done. I wish I could make my previews for Wrestlezone looks this sexy...

To the match at hand - I imagine that Magnus almost has to win this match. I like Rob Van Dam, and I'm not even sure why TNA would put him in this position except to add him randomly to the PPV card. The 30 seconds of build-up to this feud came when Magnus made fun of Van Dam for losing the Bound for Glory series. So either RVD is going to win to get a little retribution (a true one-off angle) or Magnus will get the win going into a perceived feud with Samoa Joe at Bound for Glory (an angle with at least some payoff).

The downside of RVD losing is that he simply just doesn't having ANYTHING going on for Bound for Glory. Not a single feud, or even something on the backburner they could re-ignite. If RVD does wrestle a match at the big show - and he really should, with how consistently solid his matches are - it's probably going to be a curtain-jerker with just about as much build as this match right here.

Although I suppose there will be some big, huge, cosmic, over-done angle with the Aces & Eights that will inevitably feature most of the failed BFG series competitors. So there's that to look forward to. Oh, how I do love 8-10 man tag matches with a mish-mash of faces and heels, and a bunch of guys in masks we don't even know.

Reactions: IHW
The Heel Green Ranger speaks the truth, I also enjoy your PPV threads, IDR. :) Now, onto the topic of discussion....!

I found it somewhat difficult to pick a winner here. Sometimes it's hard to care about matches like these where nothing in particular is on the line, just a couple of guys having a match. Hey we are both no longer in the running for #1 contender at Bound For Glory, so let's have a match! At least it has potential to be good. It's filler so I expect it to be treated as such, there's no way that this will be the best of the evening. It surely won't be the worst either. What bothers me is that it does come off as just being randomly thrown together for no reason other than to fill an otherwise empty spot on the card.

When it comes to who wins the match, it could honestly be either guy. Magnus needs the win more than RVD does, that's fur sure! I have been hoping for a rather long time that TNA would give him the push he deserved long ago and this would be a good time to give him some needed momentum. I think it will go on toward the middle of the evening. Magnus wins due to needing it far more than RVD does, a win over someone like RVD will do wonders for him. I'm fine with it if RVD wins too but I think and hope that Magnus will get the victory.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Magnus will defeat RVD.

I think Magnus will take this. TNA has been going with the theme of RVD stupidly stopping to do his signature pose during crucial times during his matches and I have a feeling that they'll stick with this.

If the idea is build possibly build Magnus as a new young heel, then I fail to see what jobbing him out to RVD is going to accomplish other than just using the match to fill up air time on the ppv. Unfortunately, there's a possibility that this match will be just that.

Magnus needs the win here, and a win over an established veteran like Rob Van Dam would certainly give him more credibility, as he is definitely a talent TNA should push in the future.

It's pretty much a match thrown together to fill a spot on the No Surrender card but I don't mind that, it should be a good match and I always enjoy seeing these 2 guys in the ring.

RVD has nothing really going on right now after getting eliminated from the BFG series, but he could always be added into the Aces & Eights storyline if needed for BFG, so I don't really see the need for him to win this, and hold down an up-and-coming young talent in Magnus.

Winner: Magnus

I think this feud has potential to stretch into Bound For Glory. Unless TNA goes with Joe vs. Magnus, which they may, I think this would be great for Rob and Magnus both.

RVD is still great. His match on IMPACT against Bully Ray had me enjoying wrestling with more passion than I have in a long time. The more I watch Rob, the more I want to watch him. But, I think he is at that point in his career where it will be beneficial to put over some of the young talent. Magnus has a bright future in TNA, and picking up a win over Van Dam could really help him. TNA is in the need of top heels right now. Magnus can be one of these guys.

Pick goes to Magnus.

This might be a good filler match honestly Magnus seems to be getting built up and RVD puts on entertaining matches this one could go either way but im gonna go with who I want to see win and that is Magnus.

Magnus vs Rvd.Two men who was in the BFG Series and didn't make the final four.Now for years I wondered when in the hell will Magnus get his opportunity? He has the size, all the skills in the Ring what's wrong? He finally gets to stand on his own and talk and boy can he become a heel that you want to smack the shit outta of.Rvd can still go in the Ring, obviously this is not 98 and people screaming out the whole fucking show, but this match will be solid, that's all you can ask for.My winner Rvd, but expect Magnus to beat the shit outta Rvd after the bell rings!

I think (and hope) that Magnus will take the win here in a build to a feud with Samoa Joe, while RVD becomes part of a Team TNA against Aces & Eight match at BFG.

Yes this is a filler match, but so what? Magnus all the way here. I like RVD, but it's time for this young gun to step up to the big time. I can see him with the TV title in the near future. RVD can be the first stepping stone to a great push.

I think Magnus has to get the win here also. They are building him as a heel, and a loss here will do him no good. It's kinda of a shame RVD does't have anything really to do right now. This will be a good match with Magnus getting the win. I hope they find something for RVD at BFG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back