• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Surrender - Kevin Nash v Abyss - $ 50,000 Bounty Match.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
Whats's everyone's thoughts on this match? The feud effectively kicked off when Abyss saved Foley from a beatdown from Nash at Hard Justice. Nash then targeted Abyss on Impact for sticking his nose into his business and demanded a match against Abyss because Nash is a businessman and his match was granted by Dr Stevie.

In general i would have liked the Legends Title to have been on the line as well to give the impression that Abyss is going to be given a push up the card soon. Nash v Abyss is a good big man v big man match and am looking forward to this match at No Surrender. Thoughts on this match?

Isn't the Legend's Title on the line? I'm almost positive it is, but I can't be sure. Seems like it would be the most logical thing to do. The bounty stipulation definetly fits well for Nash, with him being such a money ****e and all. If this is for the title, I can't seem him losing it, not a month before BFG to Abyss. If it isn't for the title, I think Abyss will win, and he'll have his blowoff match with Stevie at BFG.

As far as the match itself, I think it's be average. I can't see it being any better than the Foley/Nash match, which was surprisingly good. This is pretty much just two huge guys in the ring together in a slow paced match. Interference should be expected and hopefully this doesn't last too long. Not very pumped for this matchup.

So, is this match a no DQ contest or is it just a standard match? If it's standard, then I'm certainly not expecting much. Two big, slow guys that don't have a whole lot of athleticism. Hopefully, it'll be brief.

I was surprised that the Foley/Nash match was actually pretty decent, though it was the no DQ stipulation that ultimately saved it from being a complete fiasco. I think that's what might be necessary for this match as well. As with the Foley match, I'm not all that interested in this one, particularly if it's just a standard match.

Nash should win via nefarious means, and then Abyss and Dr. Stevie have some kind of blow-off Monsters Ball match at Bound For Glory, such as Dr. Stevie, Rhino and Daffney vs Abyss, Taylor Wilde and Jesse Neal (or somebody else).

Then, I think, Abyss should join The Main Event Mafia. He needs something new and since he is actually qualified and better used as a heel anyways, it makes sense and if The Main Event Mafia storyline is to go till say... Lockdown 2010, they will need fresh faces in the stable.

I'm sure this will surprise people like the Nash/Foley match did. This will probably be just like that, except Nash is facing someone a little younger, and perhaps a little more willing at this stage in their career to do some pretty brutal stuff. Not to downplay what Foley did, of couse. I wouldn't be surprised if it was for the Legends title in a no DQ match, that would make sense to me.

i can see kevin nash winning the match and then stevie richards stiffing kevin for the $50,000 and kevin laying a beating on stevie like never before.

Odds are this match will be rather terrible. I can't pretend to know this for certain, but I'm going to make a bold guess and say that the chemistry between these two will be terrible. Something about their styles just doesn't mix for me; big-men match ups are hardly ever worth watching. Throw in the $50,000 stipulation and we've got ourselves a bonafide piss break in the making.

Can't say this match-up excites me. Foley should be in Abyss' corner at the very least; I don't understand why they've decided to shelve the program Foley and Nash were doing, it was working rather well.

Abyss needs to be a carbon copy of undertaker or Kane not a ****** speaking
Seriously bring back Judas Mesias he can have a great match against him
Abyss doesn t look so presentably cool or awesome to the eyes of the wrestling fans
He needs a makeover as he needs to surpass undertaker in all aspects he can take thumbtacks hell of a lot better than a beer belly leather claddin over the hill 50 yo man
I haven't seen Undertaker take thumbtacks yet!!!

Nash doesn't leave his feet and Abyss whole gimmick is based around him putting people into shit laying on the floor. It'll be intresting because of how awful it'll be. I expect Nash to powerbomb Abyss on his head in tribute to when he did it to The Giant. Abyss will thank him for it after.

Nash doesn't leave his feet and Abyss whole gimmick is based around him putting people into shit laying on the floor. It'll be intresting because of how awful it'll be. I expect Nash to powerbomb Abyss on his head in tribute to when he did it to The Giant. Abyss will thank him for it after.

At best this match will be very basic. I think Nash will win clean. I feel they will get 15 minutes PPV time max and that will be the end of this match which has all the makings of a rubbish match unless hardcore rules are used.

I think the buildup to this match has been pretty good actually. I just don't see the match itself being anything to talk about. With the Legends Title not on the line you can expect Abyss to pick up the win.

I’m not really looking forward to this match because I don’t think it’s going to be any good. Like people have already said, Nash can’t leave his feet or at least doesn’t take many bumps, and Abyss just hasn’t been entertaining in a long time, or at least hasn’t entertained me in a long time.

Nash is slow and Abyss isn’t very entertaining unless he it’s some type of gimmick match, I don’t see how they can have a passable match. It will probably be a slow and boring match that most won’t be entertained by.

I expect a win for Abyss thanks to Foley interfering without the referee noticing. However, there is a possibility that Nash wins via DQ because of Foley. No matter who wins, I see Foley getting involved in some capacity and giving the win to either one of them. Honestly, what else can I expect from TNA when they’ve had matches, at times main event matches, have dirty endings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back