• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[No Surrender] Austin Aries v. Brian Kendrick (C) [X Division Championship]

Who wins?

• Austin Aries

• Brian Kendrick

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
No Surrender 2011
Austin Aries v. Brian Kendrick (C)
X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ns3.jpg

All discussion here.​

I think Austin Aries HAS to win here. I'm sorry but Brian kendrick is just terrible.. I hate how he wrestles, he makes the drop kick seem meaningless and his overall offense sucks. I hate his clothing, it looks so ridiculously over the top. I dislike his whole gimmick; it is weird and does not appeal to me at all. I think Austin Aries deserves an equally great talent to work with. Aries just simply cannot bring greatness to the X-division if he has a lackluster opponent. It takes two greats to form greatness. As for the match itself, it should be pretty decent. Let's hope Austin Aries wins decisively and moves on to greater and brighter things.

hmm this is a kinda tough one to call as Kendrick is still kinda early into his title run but aries is for sure taking the title soon part of me says aries takes the title here but i could also see him finally beating kendrick next month at BFG but im gonna go with aries to get the win here with a rematch at BFG most likley but if it was up to me id keep the title on kendrick as i like his gimmick (not a fan of the new ring gear or new music though) and i think kendrick has done good with the title dont get all the hate towards him but still im gonna go with the greatest man to ever live a double austin aries here

This has the potential to be a pretty decent match IMO and I'm looking forward to seeing it (mostly Aries). Hopefully Kendrick will vary his offense for this one, as it does seem like he uses the heel kick a bit to often. However the pace to this match should be frentic. Aries is lightning quick and Kendrick's certainly no slouch. And this is the perfect match to kick off the PPV IMO.

I can see cases for either guy picking up the win here and leaving No Surrender with the X-Division Title. Brian Kendrick has made the division relevant again and has an interesting gimmick going on, while Austin Aries has been on fire ever since he arrived in TNA.

I'm leaning more towards A Double though. And not just because I'm a bigger fan of Aries than I am Kendrick, but because the X-Division is all face so having a heel Champion opens up a lot more possibilities. And, as I already mentioned, Aries has been great since his debut and I really think he could take the X-Division to new heights as the Champion. Not only can he wrestle the 'X-Division style', he also brings a huge amount of charisma. Something the division has seriously lacked. And that's the main reason I'm going for Aries to leave as X Champ.

Really excitied for this X-Division championship match between Austin Aries and Brian Kendrick. This probably the best done X-Division feud in quite some time. I think that both of these guys are extremly talented in and on the mic. I think that a Fantastic match and I think Aries should walk out as champion because I think he's the PERFECT guy to bulid the X-Division he's a personality and he's very good on the mic is something this division has been lacking and he's also very good in the ring, I really like Kendrick to but I hope Aries wins the title this Sunday.

Kendrick's had a decent title reign and I would like to see it continue. His promo on Impact last night showed just how much he has improved. Aries has been doing alright too though and would make a good choice for X Division Champion if they decide to do a title change here. I'd rather it stay with Kendrick a bit longer though because he is the better of the two and I want his reign at the top of the X Division to continue. On an unrelated trivial note.... Was it just me or did Kendrick look like a short version of Drew McIntyre last night? Anyways. Kendrick retains in what will probably open the show.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Bryan Kendrick will retain the X Division Championship.

I'm looking forward to this match and I'm assuming it'll kick off the show. Should be a good match and I really Kendrick and Aries has really grown on me. I wouldn't mind seeing Aries win the title this Sunday but at the same time, I think Kendrick has had a decent title reign so far and holding onto the title for another month or two would be fine. Yeah Kendrick is a little over the top but I did find myself actually liking his promo with Aries last night. I think they have great chemistry. As for the winner, I'm gonna go with Kendrick. However, they'll have a rematch and that's when I think Aries will become champ.

Kendrick's promo on last night's show reinforces my love for the guy, but I get the feeling that decision makers are high on Aries. And rightfully so. With that in mind, I'd love to see him get a title reign and become the face of the division. Kendrick is good, but I don't see him getting that same kind of faith from management. So I think it'd be best to put the belt on Aries this month rather than have him go to the back of the line. Although even if he does go to the back of the line, I see him getting back to the front eventually. He's too good not to. That said, the Kendrick fan in me will still be cheering against common sense. Bless the poorly tailored bastard.

Im not sure why Kendrick is still the champion, let alone one of the featured acts of the X-Division. Alex Shelley is a better wrestler, credible talker, with more charisma then Brian Kendrick has. However, if you're not detracted by his(Kendrick's) rediculously bad gimmick, he can really go in the ring. So can Aries, so this could be the match of the night.

That being said, Brian Kendrick needs to drop the belt. Im not sure how much of the audience recognizes him as a face or heel, let alone understands his gimmick. He utterly devalued the X- Division Championship by dropping the belt and claiming he considers the belt a "material thing." As for Aries, he's one of the few heels in TNA that doesn't have a large history within the company of having his gimmick altered or having been watered down with unneccessary face/heel turns and a large amount of overbooked finishes to his matches. He is a fresh face that most fans love to boo, yet enjoy seeing him wrestle at the same time. His upside with the title and helping to revamp the
X-Division is far higher then Kendrick's. Aries is a realistic character completely capable of helping make a babyface opponent that the fans can believe in.

Prediction: Austin Aries will defeat Brian Kendrick to win the X division Championship

Brian kendrick looks freaking wierd when he wrestles. he is not as fast as he used to be but i will admit he is still good. I predict that aires will LOOSE here since he needs to win the title at BFG. It would mean much more if aires won at BFG in a gimmick match which would be awesome. Unitl bound for glory we will be stuck with kendrick as x division champion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back