No Modern Warfare 2 demo.

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
IGN.com said:
Fans hoping for an early taste of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 through a demo will be sad to know one isn't coming.

Developer Infinity Ward currently has "no plans" on releasing any type of demo for players to try before they buy, saying the team will use the extra time spent adding final touches to the retail game.

"The entire team is focused on polish all the way up to ship of the full game," the studio announced on its Twitter.

Infinity Ward made it known last month the studio was not preparing to do a public multiplayer beta, either.

Modern Warfare 2 ships on November 10 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Who really needs a demo? Any one who has seen the videos for this game knows that its gonna be amazing, And yeah World at War had a beta and it was supposed to be so they could get feedback to fix bugs and add stuff. That game had so many problems. So I say let them put in extra work on making the game right the first time and if it has major bugs when it comes out then complain.

I read while back that they had no plans for a demo or even a beta test but I am not too bothered by it.

They don't even have to care to be honest. This game is going to be massive. it will probably go above and beyond all of the successes that the last Modern Warfare game did and to be honest, they don't have to tease us any more. I read a review in the official xbox magazine and I am pumped for the release date. They said that the campaign is fucking immense and some of the missions are just exceptional from start to finish. They have added in further weather effects and the grenades are more life like. As you can see, they have redone the game from start to finish, from top to bottom and from the big details to the small.

It also said that they have added in a Special Ops mode that is about co-op play. It will sit between the campaign and the multi-player modes and act like a bridge to each of them. The special ops mode will rely on you and a friend getting through levels and adds another 15-18 missions that you can do. Make no mistake about it, companies are correct to pull out of this war because they will fail epically. I feel sorry for anyone going up against this behemoth and I am sure it will live up to my huge expectations.

So, no need for a demo in my eyes.

I dont think anybody will be too bothered about a demo. Once youve played one Call Of Duty you've played them all. Everybody knows what this games about so everybody will buy it. You always know how good its gonna be when people are slating it for Game of the year before they have even played it. Will I buy it? probably not, I didn't buy the first one and i'm not overally keen on FPS.

Whilst it's not all that big of a deal, I would of enjoyed a beta for Modern Warfare 2. They did it for World at War and it seriously wetted my appetite for it's release. It allowed me to get used to the new guns and 3 of the maps (even if Roundhouse had the now imfamous 'glitch' that allowed people to score some insanely long kill streaks) and it helped confirm for me whether I'd get it on release day... which turned out to be a big, fat yes.

Still, we're only like 40ish days away from it's release, I'll just carry on playing Call of Duty 4 and Need for Speed: Shift for the time being. :D

Does it make much of a difference? If you want a demo play COD4. I much prefer it when sequels don't have a demo as the surprises etc are taken out when you play the demo. It's a good call on not releasing a demo as focus is 100% on the game.

Does it make much of a difference? If you want a demo play COD4. I much prefer it when sequels don't have a demo as the surprises etc are taken out when you play the demo. It's a good call on not releasing a demo as focus is 100% on the game.

... Is exactly what Infinity Ward said.

I read somewhere that they were pushing for a beta or even a demo but Infinity Ward said that the time would be better spent tidying up the game play and fixing minor issues with the game in general. I have to agree with this. Why spilt up your work force to go and work on something, that frankly, is not that important. People know what they are getting already because this game has been everywhere for the last fortnight. No, I would much prefer, and do prefer, that they just tidy the game up a little and make sure that issues that are obviously small right now, do not make it onto the final copy of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back