No.1 Duke Undefeateed No More

Call it January Madness for all I care.

Just a few minutes ago, The Florida State Seminoles defaeted the top-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 66-61. An undefeated season, a 25-game winning streak that included a National Championship, and most likely number 1 in the country, all gone thank to FSU. I honestly don't have much to say, I just thought this topic would be created eventually.

Thoughts? How far do you think Duke will fall? Which undefeated team (out of the remaining 4) do you think will take the top ranking? Do you think Duke can bounce back from this to end up in the top 4 in the tourney?

They lost one game and that's it. It's a single loss to a Division I team. It's not like a middle school team beat them. I didn't watch the game but it comes off as they lost one game. Maybe they had an off night, maybe FSU had a great night, maybe FSU is better, maybe FSU matches up well with them. This means nothing at all and Duke will be fine. No one wins them all and it was Duke's turn to lose. It means nothing at all.

They lost one game and that's it. It's a single loss to a Division I team. It's not like a middle school team beat them. I didn't watch the game but it comes off as they lost one game. Maybe they had an off night, maybe FSU had a great night, maybe FSU is better, maybe FSU matches up well with them. This means nothing at all and Duke will be fine. No one wins them all and it was Duke's turn to lose. It means nothing at all.

What kb said. Actually Sugar, you made the argument for Duke in your paragraph. They are just that good and had an off night. Not a big deal and it happens all the time in college basketball. It's not like college football where they have a 10 game season so any loss means something (what? well that's a whole other topic). Unless Duke loses at least one or two more games, the chances of them not being a #1 seed in the tourney is miniscule. Even if the other 4 remain undefeated, it's not always the case that 1-4 in the rankings get the 4 #1 seeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back