NJPW Power Struggle Spoiler

Jericho's name transcends not just WWE, but wrestling more and more at this point. I meet a lot of people at Punk / Metal shows who are big fans of his but have never seen a match.

On a good note. I know a lot of people who'd actually be interested in seeing something like Omega / Jericho together. Bunch of the people I know over 21 are open to wrestling, but WWE's product (for the last decade or so) is an incredible turn off to them.

Wonder how WWE is going to combat this

NOTHING. Chris isn't under contract with WWE so he can go and do whatever he wants anywhere he wants to. When he does come in for short stints with E it is usually a month to month contract and not a multi-year deal as most E wrestlers have

Wow this is kind of a shitty thing for Jericho to do. Loyalty should mean something after all these years. WWE always bends over backwards for Jericho and treats him well.

Now I'm not going to watch as I don't give a shit but still, I don't get it.

I meant in terms of an interesting match they could hype

They stilll won’t do shit. They don’t care about weeb wrasslin fans, But In the off chance they do care, they’ll call The Rock and see if he’s interested in doing some appearances. Rock appearances have far more mainstream appeal than Jericho wrestling in Japan. They could also call Batista and have more star power.

Heard a rumor that after we would have Rumble match and then Mania one. If Vince allowed Jericho to do it wouldnt be surprised if they "return the favor" after.

Heard a rumor that after we would have Rumble match and then Mania one. If Vince allowed Jericho to do it wouldnt be surprised if they "return the favor" after.

Return the favor how? No one in NJPW is big enough to matter in WWE right now.

I assumed this was simply a way to get Kenny Omega into WWE . It’s been rumored forever. They wrestle in NJPW, and have a rematch in WWE.

Kenny Omega is not well known in America (WWE's largest consumer). It's a simple fact. The only people Omega appeals to are already wrestling fans. Meaning you're taking a slice of WWE's already potential/actual audience. This does not help them at all.

Tell me how a product that is way less popular than WWE is going to help WWE grow when the only fans of the lesser product already watch/are aware of WWE. This isn't WCW. They were above/at WWE's level. NJPW isn't even at TNA 2010 level.

Was Shinsuke all that well known in America?

I'd argue he still isn't at the level they have him at (above Mahal though).

The difference is Shinsuke isn't a one off. Meaning WWE can build him up and make him popular among their audience. Kenny Omega doing a one off match at Mania won't bring in any new fans. It would be a complete waste. He isn't a Rock, Lesnar, celebrity type. Those are the guys who can do a one off.

I don't think that's the point of this though. They probably offered Jericho a shit load of money and he went cool. Probably no long term plan here.

Why does New Japan owe anything to WWE if Jericho wrestles for them? WWE wouldn't help New Japan out if they were in that position.

Wow this is kind of a shitty thing for Jericho to do. Loyalty should mean something after all these years. WWE always bends over backwards for Jericho and treats him well.

No way is it shitty. First off he isn't even under contract which we all know. He is now an independent wrestler and to get a match against one of the greatest at this moment is a cool thing. WWE have been loyal to who ever? As soon as John Cena doesn't make money anymore they'll probably throw him under the bus. Maybe not throw him but they won't be helping him up. It's the employees that make the business not the other way around so for anyone to be loyal to a business when it would never be the other way around is missing out.

No way is it shitty. First off he isn't even under contract which we all know. He is now an independent wrestler and to get a match against one of the greatest at this moment is a cool thing. WWE have been loyal to who ever? As soon as John Cena doesn't make money anymore they'll probably throw him under the bus. Maybe not throw him but they won't be helping him up. It's the employees that make the business not the other way around so for anyone to be loyal to a business when it would never be the other way around is missing out.

WWE helps former employees all the time. They are currently paying for Jeff Jarrett's rehab, and he was a piece of shit in his WWE run.

WWE helps former employees all the time. They are currently paying for Jeff Jarrett's rehab, and he was a piece of shit in his WWE run.

That's interesting and actually really cool. Still, I find it hard to believe WWE would go one way when they can make money going the other way, and if your not going that other way you'll be gone. It's a business and unless you are at the top of that business, you'll never get as much as you give. So good on Jericho and him wrestling in a different company isn't being disloyal at all.

Jericho should develop a nasty drug addiction so he can say he is currently getting paid by two wrestling companies at once.

It's as big as unifying major titles with more vomit and hallucinations.

I think Vince has given permission. This news is overshadowing bound for glory,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back