• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NJPW has more logical booking than WWE yet it is also more unpredictable

Agree?

• Yes

• NJPW has more logical booking, but WWE is more unpredictable

• WWE has more logical booking, but NJPW is more unpredictable

• No, WWE has more logical booking and is more unpredictable than NJPW

Results are only viewable after voting.
WWE has a split roster. They have constant TV (with Raw being 3 hrs, which makes it harder to book with a thin roster) and multiple PPVs.

Of course their storylines will be shorter and more predictable. They have to be.

I have no clue what NJPW's schedule is but I can't imagine they have a WWE-like one.

NJPW is just simple monthly sport-style booking. WWE is this incredibly elaborate daily soap opera that kinda doesn't wanna admit what it is. Not really fair to compare the two outside of the in-ring quality. NJPW doesn't have to make 8-11 hours of wrestling a week.

It's better overall storyline, booking, media, match quality, etc wise. There is no denying that at this point. The schedule excuse is whatever for WWE at this point when literally no main event feud, Wrestlemania match, or single main show has no to even little fault to it. It's just north american sideshow style pro-wrestling funded by an immense budget.

It's better just to turn your brain off when you watch WWE. A lot of people who only watch it, and think NXT is a different world are critical of the company when they do what they're looking for best. Just pat them on the back, and let them enjoy what they enjoy. There's a lot of pluses to WWE not being a pure pro-wrestling product on the viewing end, and that's why I watch it and enjoy what I can from it.

I watch PWG, and DDT. Any promotion like that, or similar kind of voids any serious criticism I could have on WWE booking wise minus complete disasters.

NJPW allow their top stars to lose to a freaking clothesline. A CLOTHESLINE, PEOPLE!

Logic at it finest.

NJPW allow their top stars to lose to a freaking clothesline. A CLOTHESLINE, PEOPLE!

Logic at it finest.

1. Death By Lariat is legal in Japan

2. Its all about how it is treated, not many people kick out of the Rainmaker, therefore when someone does it is a big deal. there are people that use finishers designed to counter it like the Destino from Naito. Most people try and avoid getting hit by it. Treating it as a big deal makes it a big deal.

3. A fireman's carry slam. A freaking Firemans carry Slam people

2. Its all about how it is treated, not many people kick out of the Rainmaker, therefore when someone does it is a big deal. there are people that use finishers designed to counter it like the Destino from Naito. Most people try and avoid getting hit by it. Treating it as a big deal makes it a big deal.

Doesn't make it a good finisher.

ヒュー G. レックション;5673443 said:
I will defend the Rainmaker until my dying day, it's my favourite finishing move haha

Now yes I believe New Japan's booking is superior but not perfect. I think the heavy and junior tag divisions are too thin and should be unified. This would really give us some stellar matches and allow juniors and heavies to form teams together.

It's unique in the current landscape of pro-wrestling. Easily identifiable and associated with the user. Well booked & Protected. End to more than a handful of more than classic matches. Attached to a persona that draws and moves heavy merch numbers. It works good in all the categories that it should be critiqued in, lol.

Agreed on that idea if done right. I don't think it's out of question, because they've really been trying to progress as a company. It might be more sensible to do something like that for financial and booking respects.

The story arc of Tetsuya Naito, whether intentional or not is the single best piece of character development I've ever seen in wrestling. Definitely up to his IWGP title win but I'd say the case can still be made for up to now.

Logic at it finest.

Doesn't make it a good finisher.

Wrestling is fucking fake. Get over it. Anything can be a finisher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back